It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Rumbling Noise, Anyone here that in the U.K.?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well that was abit odd

Anybody in the U.K. Hear a huge low level rumbling noise ?

Just did a quick search on social media, and noticed the was a few people from Illinois USA who heard something 8 minutes before

Odd be interesting to see if anyone else heard anything

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yes, that's what happens when an below-zero Arctic cold front moves towards a region of warmer air and displaces it.

I experienced this in Canada back in the 1990's. Just moved to the country in November, didn't get the TV weather news, started going home and heard this rumbling sound that afternoon. Everyone else seemed to be in a panic, driving up to stores, rushing in and running out with things like wood logs, blankets, torches and gas heaters. That evening it was freezing cold. Had to use a couple of plastic bags to stop my ears from freezing.

We've got a Siberian ice blast this weekend. Same thing.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Heard nothing. Just snow snow snow.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

The chinese satellite is due to crash down any day now. Not saying that's what it is, but there's a map of the expected debris field areas at this link.

Chinese Satellite filled with corrosive fuel could hit lower Michigan

It's coming down between now and early April.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Sorry, I farted

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Could very well be that, although I've never heard of that, the temp did take a sharp tumble in the past 48 hours, from 10c to -4c currently around 6" of snow on the ground

I thought maybe some distant sonic booms, thunder rumbling like? the sound lasted about 20 seconds

I don't normally take note of odd sounds noises etc but this was definitely something that grabbed my attention

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Nothing heard here that I didn't attribute to being normal noise from nearby factories or trains, OP.

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

The chinese satellite is due to crash down any day now. Not saying that's what it is, but there's a map of the expected debris field areas at this link.

Chinese Satellite filled with corrosive fuel could hit lower Michigan

It's coming down between now and early April.

Oh yay, that's where I (and quite a few other members) live. I guess if nothing else, it could be an epic opportunity for the long-exposure of a lifetime for me...

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Sorry, I farted

Dont be stealin DBCowboy's thunderclap.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Vector99

Sorry, I farted

Dont be stealin DBCowboy's thunderclap.

This one was epic, clearly I knocked DB off his seat from many miles away. I'm surprised seismometer's didn't alarm.

He's probably recovering from the shockwave, sorry DBC!

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

We heard it here on Merseyside - dogs suddenly went mad and dived around and I thought it was an extra large lorry that was going past but looked out and nope road was actually clear. Temp has dipped right down since and its snowing again and lying on the ground( third time this year, we usually don't have such cold temps or snow staying long enough to lie on the ground.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

If it was rolling thunder, probably from weather...

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
it wassend the russians??

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Another migrant stampede?

top topics

join