It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people so god damn oblivious?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Last Thursday I was in London and everybody annoyed me. I am not a people person in the first place but the amount of mindless idiots who do not care one bit about others is staggering. My husband eventually noted that I was a 'tad agressive' and I pulled myself together, realising that I get far too angry at stuff, but then again I do love people who are aware and say 'sorry'. They can almost get away with anything.

My gripe was mobile phone related. In the first pub [famous in Brlgravia for being the place the great train robbery was planned] and very very posh, a group of knuckle heads were getting drunk and instead of talking to each other, they took it in turns to find the 'funniest thing on the internet' and play it really loudly.

I proceeded after sending evil eyes across the room to play my Brazilian Hardcore Techno on full volume [only for a few seconds mind you] and elderly man smiled as he understood why I was losing it. But nothing changed. They still kept watching clips and laughed and whilst one of them was searching the others were quiet...

The other one was after a very exhausting day on the train, we found a seat in the 'QUIET' carriage of the train [it has signs everywhere in big letters]. When someone was blearing their tinny # over a phone. People were getting agitated [Brits never complain, I however would be the first going up to someone and telling them to turn it down] but I was told by my husband to 'take a deep breath' and not let everything agitate me so much.

He is right of course. However in both cases I would have been happy to just tell them as it is [that's the friendly version of it, I would have happily sent a missile up their backsides...]. It seems that for the sake of staying calm yourself you have to let others get away with anything that is very antisocial. How will they ever learn?

Point is, I am now much calmer [or try to be] for my own sake as it doesn't do me any good. But yeah, idiots exist. It's up to the individual to either say something or accept it.
Some people have nervous dispositions, others may have had stress at work, me, I have an out of kilter sense of justice [too much]. Whatever the reason is, don't just have a go at OP.

Courtesy and awareness cost nothing.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

Its the folks who stop in the doorway to put their keys and sunglasses up, or wait for their entourage of children to return to orbiting them like a human solar system, that make me crazy.

I believe in "me" being important. So id dispute you there. This is a problem of people who just get treated too politely and thus havent learned couth. They get an earful of me bitching about them to my son whose bitching right back to me as we push past.

Old people get a pass. Always, for anything. No matter what.

<< 1  2   >>

join