It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people so god damn oblivious?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
So I decided to go for a stroll today, and I was quickly reminded how much I hate humanity. Nobody gives a hoot about anyone but them. We do not deserve to be saved by some alien race. Everyones mindset is all me me me. And if you dare challenge that mind set, then you are the bad person and you need to shut up. Well no more, I will speak out about this.

People literally stop walking in a place where they should not, turn their fat ass shopping cart around 180 while everyone behind them has a dumbfounded look on their face. Then they change their mind and turn around 180 again and keep going. THIS NEEDS TO STOP. You do not own the whole isle you twats.

There are other people on this planet besides you and your sweet little munchkin. I dont care if you have one baby or 5. We all have places we wanna be too. So try not to be a huge jerk off, do what everyone else does, and dont stop like a moron when there is a line up of people behind you trying to get by.

Please tell me Im not alone when I feel this way.
edit on 17-3-2018 by JourneymanWelder because: words

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

Better question to ask yourself is, why am I oblivious to the things that I am oblivious to?

And what are those things?

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
And you're not? It amazes me how much self-loathing people have today, and how easily people judge others. We are the only species that hates ourselves so deeply.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Sure, there are plenty of dumb #s and selfish pricks.

Some times people make mistakes on rare ocassions. Happens to the best of us.

Others make a habit of being complete douche bags.

Then there are totally awesome people, but even they have bad days (possibly due to dealing with the copious amount of douche bags).

Some people work around the clock to make money and feel that they are justified in acting however the want because of this.

There are many areas in life where people need to put in effort and do "good works" than to simply make money for themselves.

Otherwise youll often end up with oblivious, selfish dick heads. If being genuine and nice to people is a chore, that person has a problem.
edit on 17-3-2018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

They are in their bubble, don't hate them for it. Like you've never walked around in your own selfish little bubble before?

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
And you're not? It amazes me how much self-loathing people have today, and how easily people judge others. We are the only species that hates ourselves so deeply.

youre telling me everything is fine and dandy? its not. and dont even try to turn it around on me. youre probably one of those people that stop while everyone behind them is wondering what the hell.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Better question to ask yourself is, why am I oblivious to the things that I am oblivious to?

And what are those things?

Im asking the questions here. And I dont take people seriously who answer questions with questions. That might work in the politics forum but it wont work on me princess.
edit on 17-3-2018 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

wait WHAT???

someone was pushing a cart in one direction and now i need to brace myself.....
they turned around??!??!!?!?!?!!!!!!

the #ing nerve of people these days

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Please tell me Im not alone when I feel this way.

You are not alone. It is so prevalent that it has become a trope.

Exhibit A:

If only stores hired their own choreographers:

edit on 17-3-2018 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
jesus christ OP calm yourself. if you get that angry by someone being indecisive in the supermarket i am confident in saying you need some therapy and maybe meds as well.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder
Everyones mindset is all me me me. .

As my Mama used to tell me, "If you're pointing the finger at someone (let alone everyone) there are three pointing back at you".

Then there is the story about the wandering bare-foot monk who discovered that if he laid leather on the ground and just walked on that his feet were much more comfortable ... until... Until he started to run out of leather to lay upon the earth and discovered that wrapping his feet in leather was much more effectient. In other words fix yourself and the whole world changes; try to change the world and you're out of luck.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Manners and conscience begin in the home. If the parents are assholes so, too, the children.

ETA, this is why I shop at two in the morning. I'm a recluse and I can't stand the f'ing masses either.
edit on 3/17/2018 by Lurker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1
Manners and conscience begin in the home. If the parents are assholes so, too, the children.

ETA, this is why I shop at two in the morning. I'm a recluse and I can't stand the f'ing masses either.

im just being a dick cause why not.
i dont start threads about people turning around but my wife and i get our # done at wal mart or whatever grocery story by 8 n the morning cause i cant handle the people

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
driving is the worst. just a couple basic rules to follow. Yet people can't figure it out.

It's insane how oblivious people are to their surrounding and the way they present themselves.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I am also asking questions here.

Do you know what is obvious to us about you when we read your rant?

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Everyone beefing but not looking for solutions. I propose:

Problem solved.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Don't hold it against them, friend. They could be having a lousy day as well. Judgement sucks.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

You do not own the whole isle you twats.

Never go shopping on Green Saturday

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Oh wow. That is me. I do it all the time but say sorry as I try to navigate crowds with my sore feet. Please, forgive me.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
People are just so oblivious.

Exiting the freeway from the left lane.....
Talking on the phone and weaving in traffic.
Talking on the phone and going 10-20 mph below the limit.
Taking up the whole aisle in stores....
Talking loudly on the phone in stores.
Acting as if they are the only person[s] in the store.
Being jerks in general.

In our area, if you clear the grocery by noon, you're OK.
During the week.
I would not shop on the weekend under any circumstance.
edit on Sat Mar 17 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join