It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i love factoids. here is a great one i just heard

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: skunkape23

Jalapenos cheaper than psychoanalysis

So "Female Hysteria" is whats wrong with thems feminists. Most of them seem like some of those treatments there would do them some good, too, it turns out.

edit on 17-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
In WWII the US gave amphetamines to the troops to keep them alert.

During World War II, amphetamines were used extensively by the allied forces and axis forces for their stimulant and performance-enhancing effects. Eventually, as the addictive properties of the drug became known, governments began to place strict controls on the sale of amphetamine; for example, during 1970 in the United States, amphetamine became a schedule II controlled substance.

Source

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Staying home with the kids during spring break is likely to lead to a drinking problem...

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
i a a total sucker for factoids. i annoy people at work cause they will be talking about something and i say the "did you know blah blah bull#"..
some super not important little tidbit of info that nobody but me cares about.

Interesting factoid. Social cues can be difficult but they do make life easier.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I'm working on my own wonder drug...going to call it Damitol

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

i a a total sucker for factoids. i annoy people at work cause they will be talking about something and i say the "did you know blah blah bull#"..
some super not important little tidbit of info that nobody but me cares about.

Interesting factoid. Social cues can be difficult but they do make life easier.

He may just have aspergers.

Their might even maybe be some really cool drug they can prescribe that.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Jesus watches you masturbate

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead
Jesus watches you masturbate

National Masturbation Month was first celebrated in 1995 in honor of Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders, who was fired by President Bill Clinton for her statements supporting masturbation for sexual health.

Masturbation Facts

The question I have: does Jesus enjoy watching?
edit on 3172018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

T100's enjoy a nice full nude stroll when its a nice night for a walk and / or nothings clean.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The “hashtag” key on your keyboard (#) is called an octotroph.

Alaska has a law that says you are not allowed to look at a moose from an airplane.

There is enough sperm in one single man to impregnate every woman on earth.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

The "QWERTY" keyboard was intentionally designed to be the most backwards, inefficient keyboard key layout about possible. It came from back in the pre-electric, mechanical typewriter days, when the 'actual' speed humans can type at wasnt even feasible on such rigid clunky machines. So they scrapped the few layouts of the day, and figured out QWERTY. Later on, when it was no longer needed, "we" stayed stuck on stoopid and clung on to the QWERTY. I actually went searching for a better layout board some years ago, with no luck, at teh time.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Nyiah

Although, it was used initially as a stimulant for her low BP. 

Yeah, the rest is conjecture for entertainment value. Thanks for the fact.

Wait so he didn't design it and name it for her? The Rita-Lean thing is false? I'm so confused right now...

Oh, factoids...
At one time, hemp was so vital to the nation that was actually illegal Not to grow it. Farmers were required to dedicate a certain percentage of their fields to grow hemp.

I haven't actually sourced this, I just read it somewhere but, it makes sense to me, so, I'm gonna go with it.
edit on 3/18/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

Alaska has a law that says you are not allowed to look at a moose from an airplane.

not going to verify but i am pretty sure it is an octothorpe

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Try eating olive's, Real olives not those canned black things.

I eat olives and as long as I eat a few a week I have no pain in my hands, once I stop 2 to 3 days later I start getting pain, mostly in the winter time.

It is fun trying all the different types of olives also, but nocellara are probably the best!

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I like jalapenos.
Factoid: Jalapenos were invented by a Mexican woman with a husband named Jala who had a green penis.

But You left out the other interesting facts... He was from North of the border (aka Gringo) and this was just after TheAlamo™ so although Consuelo LOVED Jala w/all Her heart, it was hard to forget Pepe a little drummer boy from Her Village. Pepe wanted to make some $$$ so He left Mexico for the brighter lights of Bakersfield.

So Consuelo fed Jala penos that made His *privates* RED.

This is how Mexico came to have a flag w/White, Green and Red.

Jala-Gringo= White.
Jala's tool= Green.
Jala's burning tool= Red.

Vaya Con Dios

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I like jalapenos.
Factoid: Jalapenos were invented by a Mexican woman with a husband named Jala who had a green penis.

But You left out the other interesting facts... He was from North of the border (aka Gringo) and this was just after TheAlamo™ so although Consuelo LOVED Jala w/all Her heart, it was hard to forget Pepe a little drummer boy from Her Village. Pepe wanted to make some $$$ so He left Mexico for the brighter lights of Bakersfield.

So Consuelo fed Jala penos that made His *privates* RED.

This is how Mexico came to have a flag w/White, Green and Red.

Jala-Gringo= White.
Jala's tool= Green.
Jala's burning tool= Red.

Vaya Con Dios

I totally read this in Peggy Hill's voice, complete with mispronunciation.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Goo... Great thing Peggy can 'hold Her mud' because Pepe has overstayed the expiration on His work visa..

My hermaphroditic AffenPinscher will be happy that I can type My 'feminine side' Ms. Yin....

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

not going to verify but i am pretty sure it is an octothorpe

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Octothorpe. I think Octotroph is a simple bastardization that became accepted at some point.

Speaking of which, # dates back to the Romans. The symbol evolved from the abbreviation for "pound in weight". In Latin, that was Libra Pondo. The abbreviation was lb (hey, guess what we still use!) They were connected at the top with a slash, which evolved to # over the ages.

Supposedly, it was Bell Labs in the 60's that bestowed the original incarnation of the name -- Octotherp. "Octo" meaning "8" (obviously) and referring to the 8 lines sticking out the sides around the #, and "therp" being pulled out of a hind end & meaning absolutely nothing, then eventually morphing into Octothorpe.
edit on 3/18/2018 by Nyiah because: I boo-booed. I blame the beer & pizza.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Skinny Puppy have accused the US military of using their music to torture inmates at their Guantanamo Bay detention facility, without the band's knowledge or permission. In response, the band have sent an "invoice" to the Pentagon.

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

Good point - shouldn't hemorrhoids be called a intestin-oids

defn;

hemo- in Science. hemo- or hemato- A prefix meaning "blood," as in hemophilia, a disorder in which blood fails to clot, or hematology, the scientific study of blood

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join