It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What We Know, and Don’t Know, About the Firing of Andrew McCabe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Lawfare

Anyone who is confidently pronouncing on the merits of Andrew McCabe’s firing Friday night is venturing well beyond the realm of known facts.

A very in depth resource of facts on the termination.

But on McCabe’s innocence or culpability for some infraction that might justify his dismissal, we will reserve judgment—and we caution others to as well. It is simply not clear at this stage whether or not the record will support his dismissal.

This will likely tie up the msm for some time to come.

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

That was written by Comey's friend who leaked
his memo to the NYT. A very biased opinion.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Actually, Sessions should not have even fired him, he recused himself from any involvement with anything related to this matter.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Looks like McCabe won't lose his pension after all....

www.rawstory.com...

Now McCabe is free to spill the beans. This could bigly blow up in Trumps face...Mueller already has McCabes's notes.

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 17-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I had that feeling when they waited until the last minute to fire him.

Thanks for the linky

Gotta love dem loopholes!

edit on 17-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Actually, Sessions should not have even fired him, he recused himself from any involvement with anything related to this matter.

They done a runaround and separated it from the russia thing and tried to tie it to clinton dump investigation

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Sessions sucked up to trump and clearly violated his recusal promise.

Stephen Gillers, a nationally renowned legal ethics expert from New York University School of Law, told MSNBC that Sessions flatly violated the recusal. “The scope of the recusal is very broad — ‘any existing or future investigations of any matters related in any way to the campaigns for President…’ The grounds for firing Mr. Comey in the Rosenstein memorandum are explicitly stated to be Mr. Comey's public comments about Mrs. Clinton, during the campaign and prior to the election,” Gillers said. “These grounds are plainly encompassed within Mr. Sessions' description of the broad scope of his recusal,” he added. A U.S. House committee solicited Gillers’ view on the recusal issue, and he sent written input to the committee Wednesday.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

to me it seemed all along that the recusal was too convenient.

These firings by the don have as much grace as an airline killing a puppy.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

From your own link

We have the broad suggestion that McCabe was not truthful with Justice Department investigators but no sense of what he said or what the specific truth was.

From your link - he lied - if - you - work - for - the - FBI - that - is - enough - to - get - you - fired

hint....

Attorney pleads guilty in Mueller probe to lying to FBI over contacts with former Trump campaign official

www.cnbc.com...

Why didnt you hang around the other thread?
(www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=howtonhawky)

heat getting to you - so you wanted to bring out a different spin?

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Ya know, sometimes I found myself wondering if I am being fair to Trump, maybe it's my liberal bubble,real or imagined, I thought that's getting the worst of me, I try to take any emotions out of it, but I ended up in the same place, the current occupant of the oval office is simply unfit, ah mean who lies to an Allie and brags about it the next day.

Ppl who are hard core Trump supporters, c'mon the man is unworthy of your support, Russia can shut us down at a whim electronically and the POTUS seem not to care, he fired any one who suggests the Russians are a problem ( not our friend) but a competitor at best in the same line as China he is mute.
edit on 17-3-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

What we know -
McCabe lied under oath during his IG and OPR investigations and they recommended he be terminated.
McCabe said they were going to f*ck Flynn and then they would f*ck Trump.

What we dont know -
Just how many corrupt Obama officials are involved in this mess.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Despite all the intense "opinions" here and everywhere about the firing,we will never, ever know the truth.

Everything, D & R and everyone in between, is pure gossip, spin and speculation.

In my extremely jaded opinion, one cannot survive US politics and be an honest, trustworthy or loyal citizen/politician.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Ppl who are hard core Trump supporters, c'mon the man is unworthy of your support, Russia can shut us down at a whim electronically and the POTUS seem not to care, he fired any one who suggests the Russians are a problem ( not our friend) but a competitor at best in the same line as China he is mute.

That is one way of looking at it.

Another way to see it is that Russia has been doing this for decades,
the previous President Obama was busy rigging an election for
Hillary so she could continue to cover up a sordid slew of crimes.

Obama did not want to draw attention to the Russian meddling,
so he kept it hush hush. But he was worried if Hillary lost
then someone would uncover the lies and corruption.

So when Obama realized it might be Trump that would win,
they set a trap to render him powerless and hopefully
impeach him, in case he won.

Do you see in the above that Russia is just a small
part of the picture?

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

That was written by Comey's friend who leaked
his memo to the NYT. A very biased opinion.

Pay no attention to that..... you aren't supposed to notice that

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

From your own link

We have the broad suggestion that McCabe was not truthful with Justice Department investigators but no sense of what he said or what the specific truth was.

From your link - he lied - if - you - work - for - the - FBI - that - is - enough - to - get - you - fired

hint....

Attorney pleads guilty in Mueller probe to lying to FBI over contacts with former Trump campaign official

www.cnbc.com...

Why didnt you hang around the other thread?
(www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=howtonhawky)

heat getting to you - so you wanted to bring out a different spin?

get over yourself and save your accusations.

if you are wondering why i made this thread it is because after i posted it in the other thread and read it i found it to be valuable as far as the info contained in it. As to why i quit posting in the other thread it is because i was warned.

forgive me if i enjoy facts in lieu of speculation.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
[url=http://]https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-s-gripes-against-mccabe-included-wife-s-politics-comey-n842161?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma[/u rl]

"The day after he fired James Comey as director of the FBI, a furious President Donald Trump called the bureau's acting director, Andrew McCabe, demanding to know why Comey had been allowed to fly on an FBI plane from Los Angeles back to Washington after he was dismissed, according to multiple people familiar with the phone call.

McCabe told the president he hadn’t been asked to authorize Comey’s flight, but if anyone had asked, he would have approved it, three people familiar with the call recounted to NBC News.

The president was silent for a moment and then turned on McCabe, suggesting he ask his wife how it feels to be a loser — an apparent reference to a failed campaign for state office in Virginia that McCabe’s wife made in 2015.

McCabe replied, “OK, sir.” Trump then hung up the phone."

Make no mistake, in addition to this being an attempt to discredit McCabe as a witness to the special council investigation this was personal. Trump is completely ruled by his baby emotions. What a little bitch.
edit on 17-3-2018 by crtrvt because: Sauce.

edit on 17-3-2018 by crtrvt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

What we know -
McCabe lied under oath during his IG and OPR investigations and they recommended he be terminated.
McCabe said they were going to f*ck Flynn and then they would f*ck Trump.

What we dont know -
Just how many corrupt Obama officials are involved in this mess.

How do we know that?

were those flynn type of lies or the real kind?

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

it is just cats and dogs

fbi and cia

imo trump is both a dem and repub that loves to play both sides against each other for the sake of chaos

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt

Make no mistake, in addition to this being an attempt to discredit McCabe as a witness to the special council investigation this was personal. Trump is completely ruled by his baby emotions. What a little bitch.

Ah, it could'nt have been that Andy previously had
engaged in setting up a trap, aka an insurance policy to
screw Flynn and Trump and said during the conspiring
F**k Flynn, and the we F**k Trump?

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

i can not disagree with that but i will say i would be pissed if i were wire tapped too.

scratch that i am and not much i can do about it except ask them to find my site and key for me cause they won't find anything else of interest.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join