It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The speech JFK never got to give on the day of his assassination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Business Insider

The speech which President John F. Kennedy was due to deliver on the day of his assassination has been recreated with voice synthesis technology. Kennedy was on his way to give the speech when he was shot dead while driving through Dallas with his presidential motorcade. The text, however, survived. And voice synthesis experts have been able to bring the speech to life by synthesising 116,777 voice samples to create the illusion of a fluent performance. Scottish voice company CereProc stitched together parts from 831 separate JFK recordings, each of which was around 0.4 seconds long, to form the full 2,590-word address. The project took two months.

JFK Library
link to transcript

A very powerful speech that he was never able to give due to prior engagements.
Imo It was a great loss to society that he did not make it.

times
link to recreation but must register

Sometimes i am impressed with technology. I think it is chilling to hear this even if it is spliced and such.

My favorite part

This link between leadership and learning is not only essential at the community level. It is even more indispensable in world affairs. Ignorance and misinformation can handicap the progress of a city or a company, but they can, if allowed to prevail in foreign policy, handicap this country's security. In a world of complex and continuing problems, in a world full of frustrations and irritations, America's leadership must be guided by the lights of learning and reason or else those who confuse rhetoric with reality and the plausible with the possible will gain the popular ascendancy with their seemingly swift and simple solutions to every world problem.

edit on 17-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

This link between leadership and learning is not only essential at the community level. It is even more indispensable in world affairs. Ignorance and misinformation can handicap the progress of a city or a company, but they can, if allowed to prevail in foreign policy, handicap this country's security. In a world of complex and continuing problems, in a world full of frustrations and irritations, America's leadership must be guided by the lights of learning and reason or else those who confuse rhetoric with reality and the plausible with the possible will gain the popular ascendancy with their seemingly swift and simple solutions to every world problem.

Oh, that is so true. Look at all the recent flapping about Russia. This quote sums up how people with a level head think.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

indeed

the whole speech is overall very powerful in how the points can span entire generations and still have merit in our daily functions if we just apply them.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Dang, nothing about aliens.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

not much fun in talking about our selves in such grand fashion.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I'm yet to go through the whole speech but that quote alone has a few points to pick through. I mean, the community level is also very pertinent to today's issues in light of the liberal hatred that's arising recently.

There is no listening, there is no learning. It's just pure hatred based on unsubstantiated beliefs with no basis in reality.

Listening and learning is imperative to create a better society.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I have often pondered the source for the need to have so many operating with what seems to be illogical and irrational thinking.

The only conclusion i can come up with is that they have too based on principalities and powers unseen.

As if they showed up late to the show and the only programming left was a set of irrational thinking.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Yeah, it is a bit mind boggling. I was brought up to never trust the government and question every action they take and that was from a traditionally liberal background.

Now? I'm not sure what these so called liberals are fighting for. All I can see is anarchy against their fellow man.

What ever happened to we the people? All I see is brainwashed fools fighting their shadows.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

yep it is very hard to see either sides goals beyond the childish bickering but i still have faith overall that we will arrive somewhere great.

enjoy your day

new topics

top topics

join