It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights Formation in Sky Over JFK Airport

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The plane is tracking east north-east approximately, over Northern Long Island. It will track west south-west, approximately, after turning hard right. This is a standard approach path for landing at JFK. The lights are ships in the Atlantic, south of the coastline visible in the video. That is why they appear to track -- they're quite a ways off.

Or, they are aircraft lights approaching in formation from the south, towards Newark International.

Just two obvious this-worldly explanations. I've landed at JFK countless times. At peak hours you can always spot distant commercial aircraft approach patterns, visible through the pollution haze as bright orange dots that do not appear to move.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Position question answered.
edit on 3/17/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It looks like the three lights are static on a headland, and as the plane the camera is in moves along the changes in distant between the three lights is fairly consistant with that planes progress as it continues from right to left.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

That is the approach for which runway?

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
LaGuardia International is just South in Jamaica, Queens .

Quoted as “the busiest US airport without non stop service to Europe”.

So ya, likely incoming flights lined up to land to either JFK or LaGuardia

edit on 17-3-2018 by Paddyofurniture because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Maybe the lights are stationary and the plane is turning which makes the lights appear to change position since the plane's position relative to them changes.

Not that high up. Stationary lights are typically much closer to the ground, maybe approaching other flights?
edit on 17-3-2018 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
an interesting video. It does remind me a little of some of the Phoenix lights.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

Gave you a star for your excellent recall.
I remember the Vampire streetlight pattern looking down from mulholland drive in California years ago.
Ships make more sense unless there are distant stationary offshore structures.

edit on 17-3-2018 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I lived under JFKs flight path for 20 years and never saw lights like these. Also I’ve flown into JFK many times and never they don’t look like an approaching plane. Landing at JFK you usually come in over NJ as evidenced by the coastline in the video. Those lights are not stationary they are definitely moving with the plane. Just look at the ground. The plane isn’t turning either it’s heading North. If they were stationary lights on smokestacks they would be blinking red lights because at that height they would be in a flight path. Several smaller planes or helicopters fly by them in the video so you can see they are very large. If they’re in the distance then they’d be absolutely massive wouldn’t they?

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Maybe three planes lined up behind each other on a landing approach to LaGuardia Airport?

LaGuardia is about 20 miles north of JFK airport on the other side of Long Island.

edit on 18/3/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Video drones covering ground event. I've been seeing that a lot lately.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru
The plane is tracking east north-east approximately, over Northern Long Island. It will track west south-west, approximately, after turning hard right. This is a standard approach path for landing at JFK. The lights are ships in the Atlantic, south of the coastline visible in the video. That is why they appear to track -- they're quite a ways off.

Or, they are aircraft lights approaching in formation from the south, towards Newark International.

Just two obvious this-worldly explanations. I've landed at JFK countless times. At peak hours you can always spot distant commercial aircraft approach patterns, visible through the pollution haze as bright orange dots that do not appear to move.

What you are saying does make sense and even though I am in no way familiar with the terrain, I can see the dark bodies of water. Ships did cross my mind. What makes me wonder, is if the guy posting the video is also familiar with this scenario. More information in his video description would have been useful.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
It looks like the three lights are static on a headland, and as the plane the camera is in moves along the changes in distant between the three lights is fairly consistant with that planes progress as it continues from right to left.

Thanks, and again that is something that has crossed my mind too.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IWant2Believe323
I lived under JFKs flight path for 20 years and never saw lights like these. Also I’ve flown into JFK many times and never they don’t look like an approaching plane. Landing at JFK you usually come in over NJ as evidenced by the coastline in the video. Those lights are not stationary they are definitely moving with the plane. Just look at the ground. The plane isn’t turning either it’s heading North. If they were stationary lights on smokestacks they would be blinking red lights because at that height they would be in a flight path. Several smaller planes or helicopters fly by them in the video so you can see they are very large. If they’re in the distance then they’d be absolutely massive wouldn’t they?

Thanks for another very interesting viewpoint and it's good that you are quite familiar with the area, which adds a lot of weight to your opinion.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notional
Video drones covering ground event. I've been seeing that a lot lately.

A possibility but they seem rather large and high to me for drones...but again, that is just my opinion.

The three lights formation appears to be quite prominent in many sightings the world over. There does seem to be a preponderance of them. I had my own back in January 2017 when I went outside the rear of the house at 5:30am only to notice three quite bright "stars" sat in a line, equally spaced, seemingly quite low and to the right of the house. I had never seen them before or since. Ten minutes later and they were gone. I wish I had stayed outside but it was devilishly cold and I needed to get my breakfast before setting off for work. Even thinking back about it over 12 months later and the sense of strangeness is still apparent.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Sorry I didn’t mean to sound so matter of fact either. Just my 2c. Haven’t there been a lot of sightings of these red-orange orbs lately all over the globe?

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Looks like some plane lights or something else in the background farther out, coming straight in or going out at slow speeds from the viewers perspective, which is why they appear to stand still because there going on a straight trajectory towards the viewers viewpoint, if the guy was coming in from another direction, likely there would be no formation and those lights would be moving.

I don't know if this constitutes as a UFO or Unidentified Flying Object as you could probably call in the tower and ask them what they are on there radar. Far from aliens for sure. In fact its not even UFOs. As they can likely be easily identified flying objects.

edit on 11pmSundaypm182018f0pmSun, 18 Mar 2018 23:50:57 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IWant2Believe323

Sorry I didn’t mean to sound so matter of fact either. Just my 2c. Haven’t there been a lot of sightings of these red-orange orbs lately all over the globe?

No apologies necessary.

My fascination with this recent rash of sightings is the commonality of three lights...as with my own strange sighting. The lights in the video could well be approaching aircraft, I just wonder why the uploader didn't recognize this, if he is familiar with flying, which he seems to be from his other uploads.

Maybe the title was a bit of humour on his behalf. Anyway, we might as well throw it in the hoax bin now, as I see SecureTeam has left him a request to feature it on the channel.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I tend to think that the lights are actually boats out in the ocean to the east. They look like they're in the air because they're not near any buildings. There are several YouTube videos of planes landing at JFK, and they mostly show the ocean at the top of the screen. If you oversaturate the video, you can even see the reflections of the boat lights on the water:

edit on 19-3-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I tend to think that the lights are actually boats out in the ocean to the east. They look like they're in the air because they're not near any buildings. There are several YouTube videos of planes landing at JFK, and they mostly show the ocean at the top of the screen. If you oversaturate the video, you can even see the reflections of the boat lights on the water:

Good point. Makes sense and again brings into question that the person doing the filming should be aware of this.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join