It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making a case for immediate martial law RE: extreme Dem corruption purge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

The government runs 24-7/365 days a year without or in between administrations. It has to continue forward each day. These folks are the real "government" running the store no matter what. And there are checks and balances in place to supercede a misguided or lunatic President.

These too are always in place. Otherwise...a really crazy POTUS making an even CRAZIER singular decision against all professional government department consultation prior...would kill millions 'cause he "wants-to". Research that.

*As in how Trump's mind works-he could flip for no reason...and waiting for that one any day now.....

"Trump Asks, 'If We Have [Nuclear Weapons], Why Can't We ...
During a foreign policy briefing several months ago, Trump asked three times in an hour, "If we have them, why can't we use them?"

www.politicususa.com...

Full governmental on U.S. soil and our Territorial grounds (Puerto Rico-Guam etc)fully declared martial law is not likely. But then Donny makes up reasons....

*FYI: Subjects to research...CONTINUITY OF GOVERNMENT, OVERIDING PRESIDENTIAL ORDERS etc.....
(no links provided....do your own research!)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

with all those bump stocks and legally registered whatever machine guns you probably have huge testicles too.

get em

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It would be civil war. The government can't impose martial law unless we are fighting a major war. The war on foreign & domestic terrorism isn't enough to make that happen. It needs to at least be direct contact between opposing countries that have large military capabilities for us to even consider that. If we did, most of what martial law is only to keep our democracy safe & election results fair & just to the best of our capabilities, while keeping our public secure.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I know you are always trying to make hidden points with your hyperbolic threads

I genuinely cannot find a more effective way to communicate certain ideas. Sometimes people just have to see them realized through speech or strawman arguments in order to really illustrate the idea behind it. I don't think I am doing very well though
I will never understand how any person in this country can support weakening the Constitution in any way

They just don't realize what kind of nightmare that will usher in. All civil rights would be gone within a short time after any single right fell (but especially the first and second)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SatansPride

Care to show me where any law says that?

I can support my statements by quoting the Constitution (as I did in my OP)

No, frankly those powers exist and could be utilized by Trump (or any other POTUS) on a whim. There is no process to challenge it, and it allows suspension of civil rights. You really don't see that as a problem?
edit on 3/17/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
im polishing my musket right now.
gonna start calling you itchy

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Average, but that is wholly unrelated

They aren't mutually exclusive. Did you have an actual contribution/statement of substance?

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Average, but that is wholly unrelated

They aren't mutually exclusive. Did you have an actual contribution/statement of substance?

i communicated what i need to
thanks

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

gonna start calling you itchy

Am I supposed to care what you call me? You're who, again?

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

No you didn't, but you're welcome.

Somehow I doubt you have the faculties required.
edit on 3/17/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

So do you agree or disagree that dictatorial powers are problematic, regardless of who is holding the office

Christ on a cracker man, you're the one calling for a PURGE of the Democrats. I guess elections don't work in your fascist mindset eh?

You just destroyed any credibility you might have had. bigly!!
edit on 17-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Martial law is a double-edged sword. It can be used as a tool for good or as a weapon for evil -- even when intentions are the absolute best. As a tool for good, it can only be used when the potential threats to the nation and the people are such that the nation and people would never recover if the worst came to pass. And even then we have to decide if the price is worth losing our souls to save our lives.

I have no doubt there is massive criminal corruption in DC. But I also have no doubt that our congress critters and our recent presidents have done everything possible to make their criminal corruption "legal" under color of law. And that includes keeping their bad behavior hidden from the public. Before martial law, we need transparency. If Trump -- or anyone -- wants to make a case against someone for criminal corruption, then make the case loud and proud for all to hear. Don't just tell us you have "classified" info and you know and we just need to trust you. We don't trust you. You have to prove your case to us with real facts and evidence.

And then make your case for why you need to suspend our rights in order to prosecute -- or hinder -- their transgressions. Elections for example. If our elections are as corrupt as Trump says they are, and we know where the weak links are -- electronic voting machines and absentee ballots and last minute unverified voter registrations, etc. -- then at least try to fix those issues before calling off elections.

Martial law must be reserved as an absolute last ditch resort... and must be justified to the public first. We're not even close to that point yet.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Nvm
edit on 17-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

www.encyclopedia.com...

If we were to go to martial law, I hope we would stop most bad people from being in state or national offices better than we do now lol.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The problem is: DJT has admired and congratulated such dire actions of dictatorial tin pot dictators from all over the world, which puts him in the same boat as them --- meanwhile ---- spurring more authoritarian and genocidal deeds from those dictators, because of Trump's praise of them.

I know who the real enemy is...

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

No, frankly those powers exist and could be utilized by Trump (or any other POTUS) on a whim. There is no process to challenge it, and it allows suspension of civil rights. You really don't see that as a problem?

This is a generalization, not law Ive found for some to gain clarification regarding over-riding a lunatic President.

*FYI: An average article source for reference, but makes the points.
www.gq.com...

“When an executive order rests on authority delegated to the president by the legislature, the easiest way for Congress to clap back—particularly when the president's authority is kind of a reach—is to pass a law that nullifies the executive order, thus rather pointedly "clarifying" that the president's delegated powers do not in fact include whatever he so foolishly thought they did”.

“In an effort to rein in this type of purposeful vagueness, an executive order signed by President Kennedy in 1962 formalized the practice of requiring that presidents cite the specific statute or constitutional provision that grants them the authority to issue a given executive order. This is a great idea in theory. But again, in practice, presidents try and work around this obligation by citing their general duty under Article II of the Constitution to ensure that the laws of the nation are "faithfully executed."

So "Martial Law" better be a widely agreed upon recourse...otherwise

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
So how would we identify such wild game?

Will we have access to previous election ballots?

What if they change their views at the last minute?

This turned out to be quite the thread.

Right turn Clyde!

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

And what about the next person?

What if it is Mike Pence?

What if Alex Jones were somehow elected?

What if a terrorist that hates America somehow was elected?

Once you get into "what if's" you've gone beyond reality and into the land of fear. I'm not saying that Americans won't tolerate martial law being imposed by Trump, I'm saying Americans won't tolerate national martial law being implemented by anyone. intrptr pointed out the Patriot Act. Good point but "fool me once,...."

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

But are you not merely quoting the parts of the Constitution that you like and ignoring the rest of it and its foundations?

Martial law is not mentioned in the Constitution. It's part of the Posse Comitatus act[ of 1878/url] and supersedes and supplants the [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurrection_Act]Insurrection Act of 1807 ...and as you can see from a cursory reading of these articles, you have not supplied any grounds on which to invoke martial law.

The two laws I cited, in fact, prevent the President from doing what you suggested, since they limit the powers of the federal government and prevent the President from using federal military personnel to enforce domestic policies.

The Founding Fathers felt that the law should uphold the Constitution, not military might. That's why we have a Supreme Court and not a Supreme Leader For Life.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

And I already own many bump-stocks and a lawfully registered NFA machine-gun.

Yah hoo!!!!!

I believe you mean "YEH HAW!".

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join