It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making a case for immediate martial law RE: extreme Dem corruption purge

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: DBCowboy
Who is going to fire the first shot? Kind of reminds me of the start of the Revolutionary War. Hopefully, it can be avoided. Time will tell.

There won't be any shots fired.

Well that’s a waste of some good guns!

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

edit on 17-3-2018 by kaylaluv because: Oops, misfired!

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

No it isn't.

The point isn't to murder fellow citizens. The point isn't to usher in martial law.

The point is that these powers are DANGEROUS no matter who holds office.

Worst yet is that SCOTUS (as usual) supports the Unconstitutional powers.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

In a few years Trump will be just a footnote in the pages of history.

I'm more concerned with freedoms that are constantly eroded.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I agree with the premise NWTrucker, but I really wanted to point out how many dictatorial power is actually held by the Executive

Yet not enough people ever take exception to it, because at least half the country is placated by having "their guy" in the Oval Office. Much like intrusive and warrantless spying, no one ever cares until the other party is in power to abuse the same system their party did the cycle beforehand.

This is why left right or center needs to support corruption purges, no matter which party it hurts. And allowing government the power to usurp the Constitutional SUPPORTS the erosion of our Constitutional rights! So when the left supports infringement on the second amendment, they actually support erosion of ALL civil rights.

Remember that. They're already using a case, for example, against a Canadian CEO to weaken encryption.
edit on 3/17/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: JBurns

That's ridiculous.

Stop threatening people.

Who started the thread advocating martial law calling out the militia and putting people in camps?

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: JBurns
Jealous?

Just thinking how many lefties one could get with a machine gun.

Probably not as many as one would want, but if you’re gonna put them in concentration camps, you could always offer ‘em a few “showers”.

Sweets, its less about left vs. right , more about squashing dissent, protest and demonstration. When the people come out to peacefully demonstrate authorities get tyrannical... start riots.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

In a few years Trump will be just a footnote in the pages of history.

I'm more concerned with freedoms that are constantly eroded.

Yep.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Trump has more pressing matters at hand. The law suite against Stormy will consume all his time and energy. First things First then we will have time for Fascism.

edit on 17-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

And you agree this is a major problem, regardless of who holds the office I assume?

Game show host, master of ceremony, ring announcer, puppet of the state, just read the teleprompter and sign on the dotted line.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You read things too literally. You couldn't tell the sarcasm in my post? Or many other similar posts on similar matters?

Obviously I don't support those actions, but you can't deny that the Executive *does* legitimately posses such powers. There is no challenge to their exercise. Much like NDAA and the forsaken Patriot Act(s) or any law targeting free speech, laws targeting protected firearms (all of them) or laws targeting voting or any other action protected by the CONSTITUTION!

That is the point entirely. Yet no one seemed to have any problem with Obama holding these same powers. Or with NSA spying without a warrant on many Americans. Or US allies spying on Americans to get around legal prohibitions

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Sounds about right intrptr

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

And what about the next person?

What if it is Mike Pence?

What if Alex Jones were somehow elected?

What if a terrorist that hates America somehow was elected?

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

If you believe the government should institute martial law to root out your political opponents, you're an idiot. And about the furthest thing from an American I can think of.

Kind of funny seeing people who claim to be against government overreach talk about giving them full authority over everyone. What's next? Going door to door rounding up people who don't support Donald Trump? Maybe you could make them wear special symbols in public so you know who they are?

I'm actually glad you made this OP. It's clear evidence of just how bat s#!t crazy the cult of Donald is. Keep your hands off my freedom you statist lapdog.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

And you couldn’t tell the sarcasm in my posts?

I know you are always trying to make hidden points with your hyperbolic threads. I just refused to take it seriously this time.

Yah hoo!

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

No argument from me. I was pointing out the worst case scenario the left pushes in relation to the alternative 'worst case scenario'.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

What if Alex Jones were somehow elected?

I trust AJ more than Trump. At least he admitted he is a performance artist. Trump is just a pretender thinking his BS and arrogance will influence the whole electorate when in fact it's just the intellectually challenged and perpetual adolescents he appeals too. If he would have run against anyone other than Hillary he would have been laughed out of town.
edit on 17-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
OP, i think it's time for you to have a nice long break from the news and the internet. go to your safe house in the woods and do some whittling and think about your life.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So do you agree or disagree that dictatorial powers are problematic, regardless of who is holding the office

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Heh

Let me get right on that

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join