It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You function without medication if you have schizoaffective disorder?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
These threads are the worst. Always vastly error-ridden and often a monumental waste of time.

Firstly, Schizoaffective Disorder is NOT Schizophrenia.
There are many differences between the two.

Secondly, there is no such thing as an “expert”...
1) The doctors/consultants have literally no actual experience of what they try to treat, and therefore it is not even remotely possible to label them “experts”...
2) Every case is completely unique to the sufferer, so any other sufferer (myself included) can only give advice based solely on our own experiences, and therefore it is not even remotely possible to label us “experts”.

OP... It is not a binary choice situation.
Only you, you alone, can work out what is best for you.

You will find many who function on and off meds...
There is no square peg for this cube we are trying to fit...
You must create your own square peg.

All the best.

edit on 17-3-2018 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: freedom7
"it’s almost like they have a green light to just torment me .."

They have the green light 24/7. Their task is to make your life so miserable that you commit suicide. Mr Predictable Devil did this to Job in the Bible. Jinn are the same, always putting nasty suicidal 'suggestions' into people's heads.

Correct; people who are in-tune with the spiritual realm are targeted now because as Jesus said, this final battle is a battle for souls.

Demons (altars) know their 'time is up' as shown on all badges worn at the recent Golden Globe Awards in Hellywood. Just hang in there.

God wants you to survive this nightmare because very soon, it will be guys like you that will be leading this world of non-believers away from a material world, into a new spiritual way of living.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

There is no Mandela effect. Take your medication. I work at a psych hospital, it's scary what you will possibly be capable of otherwise.

If you don't like the way your medication effects you then have it changed in a safe way, don't simply stop.
edit on 18-3-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

There is no Mandela effect. Take your medication. I work at a psych hospital, it's scary what you will possibly be capable of otherwise.

If you don't like the way your medication effects you then have it changed in a safe way, don't simply stop.

Hey OccamsRazor. If you don’t believe in Mandela Effect that is completely ok to voice that . What isn’t ok though Is to make assumptions of what I will possibly be capable of if I don’t take medication .

I understand you’re biased because you work at a psych hospital and see people who are off medication do crazy things all the time .

But before you make assumptions on someone who suffers a certain condition you need to know you know very little about my background , my day to day thoughts , core beliefs , attitude etc .. and you don’t have a crystal ball .

You are making generalizations with statements like that . It’s the equivalent of looking at a young black male living in Charlotte and automatically assuming he is more capable of shooting somebody than the white guy standing next to him who is dressed a bit differently

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Sadly, although the medication has done wonders to stop the intense episodic breaks I am still struggling to be able to find and maintain employment. I never know what kind of day I'm going to wake up to, whether or not I'll be able to handle simple tasks. I try to maintain a routine, keep busy, walk myself up to a cafe and work on my writings, novels, and psychoanalytic analysis of how my condition affects me, and some of the stories of the dissociative experiences.

Long story short I'm in no position to help others as I have to care for my psyche full time.

It's embarrassing and painful not to be able to function in conventional society to the full affect of what I was once able.

I am mystified and happy for all others who suffer from this condition who are able to work through what, for me anyway, is severely disabling.

I still hope there's hope for me.

I do my best everyday.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

All the best General.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Of course a doctor is going to diagnose you with schizoaffective disorder, especially if you tell him you're waking up in different realities, experiencing constant deja-vu, Mandela Effects, these are huge reg flags to normal "trained professionals" what exactly did you think the outcome would be?

Listen to yourself, your intuition, your personal subjectivity, do not seek help from the #ing establishment, that will surely push all sorts of pill onto you, and make hand over fist billing insurance, all the while putting you in a worse spot.

Hope this helps in some way.

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: cellardo0r

You're right. Thank you for sharing that advice.

Th truth is though it was only one doctor who diagnosed me with it and I only had a few opportunities ( Maybe 4 hours total) for him to get to know me and my story.

This meeting was also before mandela effect really became a thing, or was on my and other's radar's. I should have been more clear in my OP. I don't actually carry a schizoaffective diagnosis on me.

The truth is I knew how to mix and match symptoms, and flip things on and off, deflect and divert... Some may call that manipulation or self defeating as it may never lead to a true diagnosis.

I call it built in defense mechanisms that have always instinctively been there with me, because all along I sensed what you were sensing that If I shared too much information on bizarre topics such as these. The establishments would resort to predictable protocol i.e - various forms of treatment to address something they cannot understand themselves.

Trusting your own intuition is key I agree with you in full there. Thank you for weighing in.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 22 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I'm fully functional in society now current day, without medication. I think going all holistic, cleansing my body of toxins, eating right, exercising a bunch, focusing on being as positive as I can be, social with those I love and trust calmed a lot of the storms in my mind..

I still see through a lot of this matrix, but I'm learning to co-exist with those higher sixth senses if that makes sense.

Very liberating to say the least..

It doesn't hurt knowing for all the evil in this world, there is good too. I do believe I'm protected, as I've witnessed unspeakable things happen to people who came to bring me harm, without me even raising a finger or wanting anything to happen to them.

I believe there are guardian angels out there. Surviving a few near death experiences can have that effect on someone

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join