It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew McCabe, a Target of Trump’s F.B.I. Scorn, Is Fired Over Candor Questions

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Odd. All I see is you projecting on others. "You shouldnt feel this way because I say you shouldnt". If you actully paid attention you may notice McCabe was "fired" for "leaking to the press" about the Clinton Investigation. The second High profile FBI member fired for "hurting Clinton" during the Election. I dont think the Trump admin, which is deeply unpopular, realizes that its discrediting its own election win by trying to blame these firings on a deep-state cheating Clinton.

"This is no less than the attempt to overthrow a duly-elected President."

Calling for the removal of a president such as Trump is not trying to overthrow him. The US has a political process that can remove him called Impeachment which is what many are calling for given Trump's actions as president.

"his administration's every movement challenged, and every policy blocked by some legal challenge, no matter how ridiculous or unconstitutional"

I would hope all the ridiculous or unconstitutional movements by any administration are legally challenged.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
People defending this type of corruption at the highest levels of the FBI are nothing but partisan shills. THis firing was recommended internally and executed by the attorney general. It has nothing to do with Trump except this guy was a crooked cop and conspiring against Trump because "he didn't like him." So these other tool also don't like him and just can't see how disastrous this deep this entire FBI/Intel corruption is - or just don't care.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Actually... Sessions didn't have anything to do with it.

The Office of Inspector General (OIG) referred the matter to the FBI/DOJ Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) for a review of the facts. The OIG is just an investigative arm... not a prosecutorial or employment conflict decision maker.

OPR recommended McCabe be fired... which is really saying something, given that OPR usually circles the wagons and whitewashes wrongdoing. The OIG has been releasing information to some of the management folks at DOJ/FBI, when they determine that the evidence and wrongdoing they have uncovered about individuals is salient to an ongoing investigation, and there is risk of investigative compromise if those individuals are left in their positions.

Dir FBI Wray, if you will recall, went to a SCIF and viewed the Nunez memo, and upon returning to FBI IMMEDIATELY suspended McCabe. McCabe then decided to go ahead and retire.

A name that will likely factor into all this quite heavily, is Bill Priestap... who headed FBI Counter Intel. Comey dropped a big clue about Priestap during testimony, although he mentioned him by position, not name.

In that moment... Priestap became a big ass liability for FBIDOJ. It's worth noting, that McCabe was Priestap's boss, and it seems pretty evident that Priestap is singing like a canary to investigators.

I am betting McCabe is going to need a very good lawyer... he could go to jail.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

They became political and attacked the other party

What party is the FBI So we know which was the one they attacked.
That's really dumb. Everyone in the FBI isn't the same party and I bet lots don't belong to any party or even vote.
Trump is the one politicizing everything. His paranoia is starting to smell.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

It's true. He is Kissing ass so he can remain garden troll of the DOJ. Everybody knows this.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

He says otherwise. He says he was forth coming. He says he's being railroaded.
He also says he kept notes much like Comey did.
Trump should know by now he can't fire his way out of legal jeopardy. He's happy in this moment but this is going to be another ass wound when it comes back to bite him. Just like Comeys firing did. Goody goody. More stupid moves trump. He should really learn to listen to people who know better than he does.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: carpooler
a reply to: Willtell

Did you hear his swan song on T.V. He's already playing the martyr. I wish that they had let him retire with his pension, just so they could bargain for part of it, against him serving several more years in the slammer, when he's found guilty in a Court for what he pulled, or for knowing what his subordinates pulled.

If they didn't fire him, it would be used by his defense in any potential court case. The burden of proof to fire him is much lower than it would be to convict him in a criminal court. If he hadn't been fired his defense would argue that the findings of the OPR weren't that serious because he wasn't fired for it. Again, that would've been playing politics. Firing him was just standard procedure for someone who did what he did.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

That's really dumb. Everyone in the FBI isn't the same party and I bet lots don't belong to any party or even vote.

More dishonest pretending from the left that anything Trump says about the FBI is directed at the rank and file. Both he and the press secretary have made clear that he was only talking about certain hacks in the leadership, ie. Comey and McCabe. I realize this isn't about that though and you have to pretend he's attacking the entire FBI and overall intelligence community because he's worried about what they're going to find on him.

a reply to: 10uoutlaw

He says otherwise. He says he was forth coming. He says he's being railroaded.
He also says he kept notes much like Comey did.
Trump should know by now he can't fire his way out of legal jeopardy. He's happy in this moment but this is going to be another ass wound when it comes back to bite him. Just like Comeys firing did. Goody goody. More stupid moves trump. He should really learn to listen to people who know better than he does.

What did you expect him to say? Yeah I #ed up and deserved to be fired?

And what makes you believe Trump thinks he can fire his way out of legal jeopardy? I realize that's what you've been told to think, but it has no basis in fact. Even McCabe testified to Congress that there had been "NO EFFORT TO IMPEDE" them.

Does that sound like something he'd say if he thought Trump firing Comey had any chance in hell of being deemed obstruction?

But yes, ignore this because you need to believe Trump will be impeached and removed, despite there being no factual basis for that. Do you ever post anything besides your own fantasies?

No one thinks firing someone at the upper echelons of the FBI will stop an investigation. McCabe isn't even doing the investigation, Mueller is. The sooner you stop pretending baseless nonsense like this, the sooner you will be able to face reality and get on the road to recovery. You're too old to believe in fairy tales.
edit on 17 3 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hillary committed crimes with the e-mails and somehow nothing is done about it...This country is utterly ridiculous with breaking federal laws and pretending like it is nothing and becoming untouchable.
Some of these wars are against the law as well as NSA spying...Still they do not get arrested or indicted.
Had Hollywood paying women to shut up over possible molesting and physical sexual assault and nothing happens.Got a sitting California Mayor freeing known dangerous criminals and She thinks that is somehow not criminal acts.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

I have a feeling this goes even farther than Comey. If McCabe sings (didn't he once say "if I go down, everybody goes down"?) he implicates Comey, who has already thrown Lynch under the bus once, he invalidates the investigation into Comey's investigation of the Clinton emails (meaning it will have to be re-investigated, potentially opening that can of worms back up) and Clinton's email scandal appears to lead back to Obama.

From there it's fire at will. Trump/Sessions could topple the entire US Federal government with this.

I have been hearing rumors (nothing substantial yet, just rumors from small talk) that the deep state plans to take down Trump if they go down. That's actually fine with me. Trump, unlike most of these politicians, doesn't need his salary or kickbacks or a pension; he's financially set for life and can go right back to doing what he's always done. The history books will show him as the martyred "Hero of the 2nd American Revolution," and the 46th POTUS will be Pence... who is so squeaky clean no one will be able to get dirt on him, especially after the disaster Trump will leave the government in. It will be a complete reset, back to the original intent of the country.

Hopefully there will be no major bloodshed like there was in the 1st American Revolution or the French Revolution.

If that happens, I hope I'm still alive for a few more decades to see the first documentary on it. I can point to the holographic TV and nudge my great-grandkids and proclaim, "I was there! I saw that happen!"

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

I dont think the Trump admin, which is deeply unpopular, realizes that its discrediting its own election win by trying to blame these firings on a deep-state cheating Clinton.

I don't think you realize, I'm not a Republican. I support Donald Trump for his actions thus far, not the Republican Party. Take some of them down too! Anyone who's dirty needs to be gone, D and R be damned.

Calling for the removal of a president such as Trump is not trying to overthrow him.

Ummm, yes it is. It certainly is. How else would anyone characterize it?

The US has a political process that can remove him called Impeachment which is what many are calling for given Trump's actions as president.

There has already been an impeachment bill introduced and debated in the House. It failed.

I still have not heard the charges in the impeachment so many Democratic Representatives are calling for. Isn't that a part of the process, explaining exactly why they want him impeached?

I would hope all the ridiculous or unconstitutional movements by any administration are legally challenged.

Ooh, you're good! The way you took my own words and twisted them around to say exactly what you wanted them to say... wow, what a talent! You should go on the road with that! I'm sure the Clinton Foundation would pay you well to twist statements around.

You know good and well what those adjectives referred to.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
www.reuters.com... Anthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5aacab5e04d3012a44bc3e05&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Here is the statement issued by Sessions: After an extensive and fair investigation and according to Department of Justice procedure, the Department’s Office of the Inspector General (OIG) provided its report on allegations of misconduct by Andrew McCabe to the FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR). Reuters Staff

2 Min Read

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced late on Friday night that he was firing former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, after the Justice Department’s internal watchdog accused McCabe of misconduct.
FILE PHOTO: Attorney General Jeff Sessions speaks to the National Association of Attorneys General 2018 Winter Meeting in Washington, U.S., February 27, 2018. REUTERS/Joshua Roberts

Here is the statement issued by Sessions:

After an extensive and fair investigation and according to Department of Justice procedure, the Department’s Office of the Inspector General (OIG) provided its report on allegations of misconduct by Andrew McCabe to the FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR).
FILE PHOTO: FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe pauses while testifying before a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing on the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) in Washington, U.S., June 7, 2017. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque/Files

The FBI’s OPR then reviewed the report and underlying documents and issued a disciplinary proposal recommending the dismissal of Mr. McCabe. Both the OIG and FBI OPR reports concluded that Mr. McCabe had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor − including under oath − on multiple occasions.

The FBI expects every employee to adhere to the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and accountability. As the OPR proposal stated, ‘all FBI employees know that lacking candor under oath results in dismissal and that our integrity is our brand.’

Pursuant to Department Order 1202, and based on the report of the Inspector General, the findings of the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility, and the recommendation of the Department’s senior career official, I have terminated the employment of Andrew McCabe effective immediately.”
so thats sessions response as to why he was fired so i guess we will have to wait for any blowback but it seems it was an internal fbi investigation

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: whywhynot

I have a feeling this goes even farther than Comey. If McCabe sings (didn't he once say "if I go down, everybody goes down"?) he implicates Comey, who has already thrown Lynch under the bus once, he invalidates the investigation into Comey's investigation of the Clinton emails (meaning it will have to be re-investigated, potentially opening that can of worms back up) and Clinton's email scandal appears to lead back to Obama.

From there it's fire at will. Trump/Sessions could topple the entire US Federal government with this.

I have been hearing rumors (nothing substantial yet, just rumors from small talk) that the deep state plans to take down Trump if they go down. That's actually fine with me. Trump, unlike most of these politicians, doesn't need his salary or kickbacks or a pension; he's financially set for life and can go right back to doing what he's always done. The history books will show him as the martyred "Hero of the 2nd American Revolution," and the 46th POTUS will be Pence... who is so squeaky clean no one will be able to get dirt on him, especially after the disaster Trump will leave the government in. It will be a complete reset, back to the original intent of the country.

Hopefully there will be no major bloodshed like there was in the 1st American Revolution or the French Revolution.

If that happens, I hope I'm still alive for a few more decades to see the first documentary on it. I can point to the holographic TV and nudge my great-grandkids and proclaim, "I was there! I saw that happen!"

TheRedneck

I really don't see the majority of this happening, and if it does it won't happen without major bloodshed. The useful idiots were rioting, assaulting people and burning down buildings just because Trump got elected. Shooting congressmen. Just look at some of the posts in this thread. They have been misled so far down this path by their superiors, the delusion is at dangerous levels. If things did go down as you think, which I doubt, it would be very, very ugly.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

It's not paranoia if they're really out to get you.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Overthrow implies unlawful removal. Calling for impeachment is pretty far removed from that. It is also pretty damn common thing to do. It happened with Obama, Bush, and Clinton. One of which actually got articles moved to the senate.

"There has already been an impeachment bill introduced and debated in the House. It failed.

I still have not heard the charges in the impeachment so many Democratic Representatives are calling for. Isn't that a part of the process, explaining exactly why they want him impeached?"

Sigh... There is a reason I dont like to argue with people such as yourself.

Because its so damn easy to find information on the internet but you do everything in your power to NOT look for it.

"You know good and well what those adjectives referred to."

Maybe you should make yourself more clear in your writing. You take the time to format all our posts maybe put a little bit of that time into properly getting your point across?

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

You may be right.
Permit me to at least hope you're not.

No one is ready for that. No one. Especially those who think they are.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
An absolute sinister and vindictive act to prevent the guy from getting his pension.

Well, we have a sinister in vindictive president, so this should be a surprise to no one.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
McCabe knew the stakes when he swore "the oath". He never dreamed, he'd be held to it/his "oath"... I personally have no feelings for him. I have seen no record of him standing on a battlefield for this country. Matter of fact? I've seen no record of him gambling his life, or putting it on "the line" for this/his country. So, he got fired. He lost a a million + in "retirement"... That's a Million "We the People" ain't shucking out! I have no problem with this/that.
If you or I did what he did? We'd see more than our "retirement" gone... He'd be the one that probably "signed off" on our arrest warrant. Just be happy the "system" kinda works. He swore an "oath". He wanted to play "lawyer" games, because no blood was expect to be spent. He lost! He gets to not bleed. If I was him? I'd stfu and "move on"... And make a couple Mil off the "publishing rights".

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Overthrow implies unlawful removal.

Does it? I was of the belief it implied forced removal, whether lawful or not.

In any case, you are advocating the forced removal of a duly-elected President without regard to those who do not support his removal. Judging by the election, that would be close to half of the population.

Maybe that's a good example of why we shouldn't use implications and connotations in legal discussions.

There is a reason I dont like to argue with people such as yourself.

Facts?

From your link:

The pattern of behavior leading to the conclusion that he sought to cause the hindrance or termination of said investigation(s) include the following:

(1) Requesting that the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation curtail the investigation of the activities of General Michael Flynn under circumstances wherein it appeared that Director Comey might be terminated if he failed to adhere to such request.

A request is not illegal.

(2) Making a determination to terminate the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and only thereafter requesting that the Deputy Attorney General provide him with a memorandum detailing inadequacies in the Director’s performance of his duties.

Which is his prerogative as President of the United States.

(3) Despite offering differing rationales for the termination of the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, admitted subsequently that the main reason for the termination was that the Director would not close or alter the investigation of matters related to the involvement of Russia in the 2016 campaign for President of the United States.

Untrue. Trump stated he had decided earlier that he was going to fire Comey for those reasons, but did not do so until the recommendation from Rosenstein and Sessions. He never carried out a unilateral decision.

(4) Stated that, once he had terminated the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the pressure of said investigation had been significantly reduced.

Comey's firing expanded the Russian collusion probe rather than reduced it. Musings during an interview are not criminal admissions.

That's the problem: the charges for this rabidly desired impeachment are superfluous, non-criminal, and typically minor musings rather than actual actions. And they change day to day depending on which Representative one is listening to. Since you seem to think I am a Republican, perhaps it might interest you to know that the vast majority of Democrats in the House voted against impeachment.

To be honest, I have heard the word so much since the election, with so little substance behind it, every time I hear it now I deduct 50 IQ points from my personal impression of the person who uses it. A few representatives I now realize are dumber than the average gravel in my driveway. At least they know when to shut up.

Maybe you should make yourself more clear in your writing. You take the time to format all our posts maybe put a little bit of that time into properly getting your point across?

As a Communications major, I feel I should point out that communication is only effective when both transmitter and receiver 'put some thought' into the message. In other words, perhaps you should attempt to improve your reading/comprehension skills as well.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

So simple sometimes to get a rise out of people when they think its your beliefs. I honestly like how you picked apart that failed articles of impeachment as if it was something I believed in. I only posted because you said you had never seen one of these bills and I figured I could spare a few seconds of time googling it for you.

If people calling for Trumps impeachment is a shock to you and makes you suddenly and without question think less of people, how did you survive the Bush Obama or Clinton years?

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join