It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew McCabe, a Target of Trump’s F.B.I. Scorn, Is Fired Over Candor Questions

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

this is a 24hr nothing burger

he will get his monies in short order

really political move until others are held accountable

I would bet he doesn't. In the military as with Government agencies retirement is a privilege and not a right.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Agreed

Flynn's crime is choosing to answer questions instead of stonewalling and talking to a lawyer

Damn witch hunts didn't end in Salem

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

a reply to: queenofswords

hmmm

i see loopholes formed in order to meet timelines simply so they could vindictively try to keep his funds.

my point is that haste makes waste in many cases

What would be a waste is letting this scum keep his pension based on what OPR and the IG indicate he had done.

if he is convicted then he would loose it anyhow

That's a completely different matter. That's not how leaders are supposed to make decisions. He committed fireable offenses. He was fired. Whether they are criminal or not is a separate issue. We'll get there.

So you think the OPR said he should be fired for political reasons?

What are you basing this on besides wishful thinking?

i think they likely have not listened to the opr much but decided to at the last minute in this case. purely speculation on my part at this point.

here is a write up i just found

lawfare

i have not read it yet and do not know if this group has political leanings

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I have friends in law enforcement.

As one told me, he could have served for 20+ years with honesty and commitment, doing everything by the book. If he decided to become a bit dirty just before retirement in order to put a "little extra $$" in his pocket, then his whole career is for naught.

Jill McCabe was not a politician when she ran for a state office in 2015. She is a pediatrician. She ran as a Democrat and got Big Huge Democrat $$$ through Hillary and Bill's friend and cohort, Terry McAuliffe. (Watch the wives.) Remember, Andrew McCabe is Republican, supposedly.

What REALLY was that money for? Early retirement funds for her husband turning a blind eye to Hillary's corruption?

They NEVER thought Hillary would lose.

McCabe turned dirty. Shame on him. I don't want one single taxpayer dollar going to these people. Who is next? What other "fine public servant" turned dirty? Great Leadership and Loyalty mean NOTHING if you use your position in the end to enable corruption and cover-up....(are you listening James Comey, book seller/excuse maker?)

Bring on the rain!
edit on 17-3-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

hmmm

i see loopholes formed in order to meet timelines simply so they could vindictively try to keep his funds.

my point is that haste makes waste in many cases

What would be a waste is letting this scum keep his pension based on what OPR and the IG indicate he had done.

if he is convicted then he would loose it anyhow

That's a completely different matter. That's not how leaders are supposed to make decisions. He committed fireable offenses. He was fired. Whether they are criminal or not is a separate issue. We'll get there.

So you think the OPR said he should be fired for political reasons?

What are you basing this on besides wishful thinking?

i think they likely have not listened to the opr much but decided to at the last minute in this case. purely speculation on my part at this point.

lawfare

So you posted something without reading it? Wow, that sure makes you look informed and not like all of your statements so far in this thread are simply based on your own political leanings.

You might want to give it a read. It basically says we won't know for sure until we see the underlying OPR and IG reports, but it also makes it pretty clear that if it's true that OPR found McCabe had misled investigators, Sessions was right to fire him. And even left-wing sources like WaPo have sources telling them that's precisely what the OPR found, so if you're holding out for some last-minute vindication I think you're going to be disappointed.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

lawfare

Comey's friend who leaked to the NYT.
Could not be more biased....

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
proverbs 24

17 Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:

18 Lest the Lord see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I always found it curious that Comey quoted scripture,
but he doesn't seem to understand it in the least.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

agree 100 % . clear out the Republican and Democratic and Government employees who are corrupt . Then the true debates in congress can happen and things can get done .

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

this admin has a giant problem with tact

Its not a politically appointed actor that fired him. It was after investigation by the FBI's OPR.

ATS readers hint.....
please start at the beginning of the OP before looking foolish

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

this admin has a giant problem with tact

Its not a politically appointed actor that fired him. It was after investigation by the FBI's OPR.

ATS readers hint.....
please start at the beginning of the OP before looking foolish

yes yes
we have covered that in the thread

my point of tact is that the timing shows vindictiveness

? What date did that recommendation come?

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

I always found it curious that Comey quoted scripture,
but he doesn't seem to understand it in the least.

yea i don't know bout comey but i did find him taking noted to be smart

i opened my bible last nite directly to that passage and found it has merit today

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Looks like McCabe is bringing down Comey

thehill.com...

03/17/18 10:00 AM EDT
However, McCabe may have rectified his “singled out” status with his long statement criticizing his termination: In the middle of it is a line that could be viewed as incriminating fired FBI director James Comey, not just in leaking sensitive information but also in lying to Congress. McCabe is accused of misleading investigators about allegedly giving information to a former Wall Street Journal reporter about the investigation of Hillary Clinton and the Clinton family’s charitable foundation.

McCabe asserts in his post-firing statement that he not only had authority to “share” that information to the media but did so with the knowledge of “the director.” The FBI director at the time was Comey. “I chose to share with a reporter through my public affairs officer and a legal counselor,” McCabe stated. “As deputy director, I was one of only a few people who had the authority to do that. It was not a secret, it took place over several days, and others, including the director, were aware of the interaction with the reporter.”

If the “interaction” means leaking the information, then McCabe’s statement would seem to directly contradict statements Comey made in a May 2017 congressional hearing. Asked if he had “ever been an anonymous source in news reports about matters relating to the Trump investigation or the Clinton investigation” or whether he had “ever authorized someone else at the FBI to be an anonymous source in news reports about the Trump investigation or the Clinton investigation,” Comey replied “never” and “no.”

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

That verse speaks of vengeance. I speak of justice.

Romans 12:19

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Who is to say He has not repaid using this investigation?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

What date did that recommendation come

You've claim you've read the whole thread - figure it out

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

oh i know the answer and the question was designed to make you question why they sat on the recommendation for two days before acting if the violations were so egregious.

i did not make the claim you state just that your point was already covered.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I already told him it only came out on Wednesday. Selective reading though. He just wants to believe there was no good reason to fire him, and no amount of information to the contrary is gonna convince him otherwise.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

That verse speaks of vengeance. I speak of justice.

Romans 12:19

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Who is to say He has not repaid using this investigation?

TheRedneck
23 These things also belong to the wise. It is not good to have respect of persons in judgment.

i can not say

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

For some reason I just have a hard time with
some one who has lied and entrapped innocent
people while letting guilty people go.

I am sure there are plenty of verses that address that too.

Picking and choosing a verse that supports your own position while being
sanctimonious reminds me of a verse about taking the beam out of your own
eye before you take the speck out of someone else's eye.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

no no you assume that

i said that they should have fullfilled the recommendation immediately if the violations were so egregious as to take away pensions. simply because of the optics

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join