It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew McCabe, a Target of Trump’s F.B.I. Scorn, Is Fired Over Candor Questions

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
What did this man do?

You people don’t even know!

Sessions just did this to kiss trumps ass and keep his job!

NO!!!

YOU, yes YOU, Will, are the one who DOESN"T EVEN KNOW!

McCabe LIED when under questionning by fellow FBI/Inspector General.
He also ILLEGALLY changed the wording on FORM 302 from FBI underlings for the Flynn investigation.
To top it off, he changed the wording of gross negligence in the email investigation of Hillary - Like Petreaus, Hillary should have been charged- we are all equal under the law.

Sorry Will, but you are talking out of ignorance.
Deny ignorance.
edit on 17-3-2018 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think you've pretty much nailed it. Because Trump is somehow illegitimate, no one can be fired for any reason whatsoever and all government employees should be exempt from any and all laws and regulations. I wonder if that attitude would change should those promoting such became the victim of unwanted actions by government officials who cannot be fired or prosecuted.

I'm pretty sure it would.

The thing is, that is the greatest threat to democracy we are facing today: when so many people like Pyle, in their desperate attempt to have Trump not be President, are willing to deny the right to vote to millions of Americans. That's what this comes down to. If someone wants to vote different from them, that person should not be allowed to do so. Were I a lawyer, I'd be trying to think of a way to file a class-action suit for denial of civil rights.

It's one thing to disagree. I disagreed with Obama, vociferously. But never once did I state that he did not have the powers of the President. Come to think of it, those disagreements got me called 'racist' on several occasions, an accusation that can have serious consequences. Now that a President I like is in office, I am still labelled as 'racist,' but some folks have added 'deplorable' to the list along with 'backwards.' I'm waiting for someone to have property seized for being 'deplorable' like some have had property seized for being 'racist.' I'm sure it's coming.

This is no less than the attempt to overthrow a duly-elected President. If he cannot be kept out of office by recounts or convincing electoral voters to violate their oaths, then he can at least be rendered impotent and unable to lead, his every movement challenged, his administration's every movement challenged, and every policy blocked by some legal challenge, no matter how ridiculous or unconstitutional. That type of action is a direct refusal to accept my right to vote for President. Luckily, Trump seems smart enough and alert enough to stay one step ahead of these people.

Forget Russia. Russia doesn't hold a candle to the damage that some Americans are trying to do to America. Putin is probably green with envy.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

it is clear that he lied to investigators . read

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

And I have explained to you, in detail, why your legal theories do not hold water. You continually fail to even acknowledge my points, instead skipping right over them and going right back to the same refuted arguments.

Enough.

Read my reply to ketsuko above. Think about it. Look in the mirror. Then come back and tell me again how no one in the Executive branch can be fired for any reason because you don't like losing the election.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Unless you are Jeff Sessions, you have no effing clue as to the reason for his firing.

None.

Not a damned clue.

What we all DO KNOW, is that if heads are going to start rolling, everything damned sure better be to the letter of the law because the leftists are going to start crapping themselves.

I do not like Sessions one darn bit.

That being said, I am 100% sure he would not do this unless he was 100% sure he was on solid ground. Especially in today's hostile political environment. Everything he does is being looked at through a microscope.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
One down many more to go.Now that we have taken their paycheck let’s take their freedom. I have no pity for people who abuse their power. I hope this son of bitch and others like him hang from the gallos.

edit on 17-3-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I love the media pretending this was just a political hit job. They could have fired him months ago. I suppose Trump paid off everybody in the OPR?

The panic is setting in.

(post by tadaman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
One interesting thing from McCabe's statement, speaking about interactions he had with the press during the Clinton investigation:

Nothing was further from the truth. In fact, this entire investigation stems from my efforts, fully authorized under FBI rules, to set the record straight on behalf of the Bureau, and to make clear that we were continuing an investigation that people in DOJ opposed.

Who were these people in DOJ that opposed the Clinton investigation? At this point, with McCabe trying to protect himself and probably intending to sue to get his pension, he may be willing to throw everyone else under the bus.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I read his statement and found it to be another example of how pathetic leftist politicians and bureaucrats are. Always blaming others and never ever facing up to their crimes.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Unless you are Jeff Sessions, you have no effing clue as to the reason for his firing.

None.

Not a damned clue.

What we all DO KNOW, is that if heads are going to start rolling, everything damned sure better be to the letter of the law because the leftists are going to start crapping themselves.

I do not like Sessions one darn bit.

That being said, I am 100% sure he would not do this unless he was 100% sure he was on solid ground. Especially in today's hostile political environment. Everything he does is being looked at through a microscope.

He took the same approach when it came to Comey. He waited until he had Rosenstein, who is definitely not a Trump guy, backing him up saying Comey should be fired. And their letter contained a lot of information to back up their decision and make sure it didn't look political. Of course, some people had to pretend it was anyway, so they could pursue an "obstruction" angle when the Trump-Russia collusion angle dried up.

Which is hilarious, because McCabe testified to Congress that there was "no effort to impede our investigation to date". Not just that their investigation wasn't affected by Comey's firing, but that there was no effort to impede it. Sounds like a strange thing to say if you believed Trump firing Comey was an attempt at obstruction.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Also know as the third FBI administrator whom James Comey told that trump asked for a loyalty pledge. Can it be any clearer? This is significant but I do not think it was a very smart move. It depends on what Horowitz' report says. This could look like more obstruction.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Also know as the third FBI administrator whom James Comey told that trump asked for a loyalty pledge. Can it be any clearer? This is significant but I do not think it was a very smart move. It depends on what Horowitz' report says. This could look like more obstruction.

See the post above yours. There's no obstruction.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

This could look like more obstruction.

How is that when the fbi were the ones that recommended his dismissal?
The fbi is now obstructing their own investigation???
www.nytimes.com...

F.B.I. disciplinary officials recommended his dismissal. Mr. McCabe, who stepped down in January and took a leave of absence, denied the accusation and appealed this week to senior career officials in the Justice Department.

another source for the same story
www.nationalreview.com...

The FBI’s Office of Personal Responsibility has recommended the firing of former deputy director Andrew McCabe, who is accused of serious misconduct.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

It's just their last hope. They know the collusion angle is used up. It's all wishful thinking at this point.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I love the media pretending this was just a political hit job. They could have fired him months ago. I suppose Trump paid off everybody in the OPR?

The panic is setting in.

Certain members of the media are complicit in this huge scandal.
They aren't just playing this politically, they are trying to save their own hides.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Most likely a V A S T right wing conspiracy!

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

McCabe's statement on that is desperation. He claims he was setting the record straight with his leaks to the media. Didn't Comey say that the FBI does not confirm or deny anything to the media?

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

McCabe's statement on that is desperation. He claims he was setting the record straight with his leaks to the media. Didn't Comey say that the FBI does not confirm or deny anything to the media?

Oh I know. I was just noting that one interesting portion where he talks about people in DOJ that wanted him to close down the Clinton investigation. If he sues, a lot of that is probably going to come out in the courtroom.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This will never hold up in the long run.

It clearly shows to be a vindictive move.

We need a good pr man up there in he white house.

Simply based on optics alone gives him enough ammo to keep his pension.

Now if this were done even a week ago it would be different but at such a late hour only shows that it is part of the show.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join