It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeach 45. . . . . Impeach 45. . . . . Impeach 45

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
It will take 67 votes in the Senate to actually remove him.

Keep wishing.

Correct. Impeachment means nothing without removing him, which will absolutely not happen even with 67 supporting democrats in the senate if they dont have evidence of treason beyond a reasonable doubt. This effectively means any conceivable other explanation here on earth that puts the charge into question. Or maybe a simpler way to put it is you couldn't use the "interdimensionsl shape-shifting reptillian pedo vampires did it" defense.

Could you imagine the fallout from democrats impeaching and removing the president to later find him not guilty?
edit on 17-3-2018 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Could you imagine the fallout from democrats impeaching and removing the president to later find him not guilty?

That's the thing.

I don't really think they care about fallout.

They just want Trump gone.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

originally posted by: face23785
It will take 67 votes in the Senate to actually remove him.

Keep wishing.

Correct. Impeachment means nothing without removing him, which will absolutely not happen even with 67 supporting democrats in the senate if they dont have evidence of treason beyond a reasonable doubt. This effectively means any conceivable other explanation here on earth that puts the charge into question. Or maybe a simpler way to put it is you couldn't use the "interdimensionsl shape-shifting reptillian pedo vampires did it" defense.

Nevermind all that. We're not gonna have 67 Democrats. There's only 10 Republican seats up in the midterms, so the most seats the Dems could possibly gain is 10, that's assuming they won all 33 Senate seats up for the 2018 midterms. That would still only put them at 59 senators, well short of 67.

ETA: There's actually only 47 Dems right now, with 2 Independents that caucus with them. So they could wind up with 57 Dems, plus the 2 Is, if they won all the Senate midterms.
edit on 17 3 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The democrats seem intent on solidifying his 2 terms with this crap. So much energy expanded yet not a single impeachable offense. How can anyone believe these idiots after this?
edit on 17-3-2018 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
The democrats seem intent on solidifying his 2 terms with this crap. So much energy expanded yet not a single impeachable offense. How can anyone believe these idiots after this?

Most people don't. Most of my family are Democrats and not a one of them is still interested in this #. They were at first concerned, of course, as were many Republicans. But it became clear long ago it was a charade. Only the most rabid anti-Trump loons still believe in this, it's pretty much their religion now. This kind of crap is how Pennsylvania went for Trump in '16. They saw right through the false racism and sexism claims and whatnot. They keep it up and it'll go again in '20.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
From what i u understand impeachment is so hard and next to impossible to do. Hence i can never see it happening

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsinthefog
From what i u understand impeachment is so hard and next to impossible to do. Hence i can never see it happening

Impeachment takes a simple majority vote in the House, or over 50%. The House currently has 435 seats, so it would take 218 votes to impeach the President. However, that is essentially just the "indictment" phase. Clinton was impeached in the 90s. Once the President is impeached, the "case" is essentially tried before the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, and the Senate acts as the jury. It takes a 2/3 majority in the Senate, which would currently equate to 67 votes, to "convict" the President after he is impeached by the House and remove him from office. So it's relatively straightforward to impeach the President but it would be extremely difficult to actually remove him from office.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Thank you.

Im better informed now ☺

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They'll be too busy filling Gitmo with Dems and their corrupt cohorts to bother Trump.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
With the possibility of dems returning to power in the House, they will more than likely vote for impeachment.

They can only Impeach if Mueller finds something. Everything else is just talk. Clinton didn't get Impeached because he had an affair - he got Impeached because he lied to a Grand Jury about it and committed Perjury. There has to be a crime committed for them to Impeach.

Just being a d!ck doesn't qualify someone for Impeachment.

Clowns to the Left of me,
Jokers to the Right...
edit on 18-3-2018 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

With the possibility of dems returning to power in the House, they will more than likely vote for impeachment.

They can only Impeach if Mueller finds something. Everything else is just talk.

Not really. What is an impeachable offense isn't really clearly defined in the constitution. As Gerald Ford said, an impeachable offense is whatever the majority of the House of Representatives says it is. They don't have to prove there was a crime, since impeachment is essentially just an indictment. There just has to be the perception of a crime, in their opinion, which is totally subjective.

originally posted by: CryHavoc

Clinton didn't get Impeached because he had an affair - he got Impeached because he lied to a Grand Jury about it and committed Perjury.

Don't forget obstruction of justice. Clinton instructed witnesses to lie to the investigators and to the grand jury, so one of the articles of impeachment that was passed was obstruction of justice. It should be interesting, if they are able to make an obstruction case against Trump (which there's no evidence of at this point), how the Democrats spin it being okay to vote against obstruction for Clinton but then turn around and say obstruction is an impeachable offense for Trump. Of course the Republicans will also have turned 180 degrees, having voted for impeaching Clinton but likely vote against impeaching Trump. Then the media will cover how the Republicans are hypocrites, and completely ignore the Democrats having done the same thing.

Get your popcorn.
edit on 18 3 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

do the leftists really want to piss off 65 million (according to the leftists here) tiny-penis, mental defects with guns?

Problem Reaction Solution. They need that one reaction so that they can get the excuse they need to take away the guns. They have mastered the art of Trolling and have taken it to the next level.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Impeach. Raise taxes. Civil war. The end of usa.
It's scary how much the Dems have tried to convince average Americans that we need to raise taxes on all hard working Americans so
That the scurrilous bourgeois wealthy elites will have to give up some pie in their little Marxist scheme of income redistribution while the lines of Pelosi get away with making millions as a Congresswoman. People do indeed need to wake up.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Right!? Like it's legal for the govt officials to get insider trading on stocks and legal for them to sexually harass interns without recourse.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

what laws has the current president broken?
i'm not a fan of our current president, but i don't think he has been found guilty of any crime. did i miss something?

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Using the Presidency to enrich himself and his family is assuredly a crime.

Almost every day on NPR I hear a new illegal action that happened in the Trump admin or campaign, I don't think it would be hard to find an impeachable offense.

Apparently he may have used campaign money to pay off that actress and they are saying that is illegal. Not to mention his campaign having so much coordination with the Russians.

I would say dereliction of duty as well for destroying the government and appointing people that are completely unqualified adn often criminals. Also his intereference in our justice system seems like abuse of power to me. How many trials and investigation has be butted into ignoring the separation of powers?

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

i'm not a fan of our current president, but i don't think he has been found guilty of any crime. did i miss something?

Trump has broken no laws that I'm aware of.

But it is my opinion that democrats will push for impeachment regardless.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Then they'll look like fools. More than they already do, I mean.

High crimes and misdemeanors.

Since I doubt that there will be any change worth mentioning in the House, this isn't going to go anywhere. The Senate may be a bit more problematic...though I doubt the GOP loses their majority there, either.

I venture to guess that the President is safe.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It took 2 seconds to find one law he broke, plus they say him making money off the government at his resorts is also illegal, not to mention obstruction of justice firing Comey.

nymag.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

Trump has broken no laws that I'm aware of.

But it is my opinion that democrats will push for impeachment regardless.

The dems should be more productive with their time, like trying to dress Hillary up for 2020, some hot pink lipstick and one of those motorised old people carts should do the job.
edit on 18-3-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join