It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeach 45. . . . . Impeach 45. . . . . Impeach 45

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
I don’t judge lol

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump reminds me of Bill Clinton....in many ways.

The scandal-distractions remind me of Bill and Hillary Clinton....in many ways.

It's like they all use the same playbook.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

I'm with you, this should be more of a sure thing than the dems beating trump for president.

If all they can run on is trump sucks... and the economy continues to do decently well to very well the democrats are screwed.

....which translates to : "Time for another false flag!"

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
They probably will win control but there's no way they're going to impeach. Trump is far too useful for the left. They'd have you believe they hate the guy but Trump has pretty much given (purposely or not, I have no idea) the left everything they could dream of.

Maybe they'll just go through the motions like what happened with Slick Willie. They might impeach him but leave him in office. Mike Pence just isn't the kind of caricature-style villain they need to keep their base motivated and engaged. In fact, Pence seems like a fairly decent guy in a lot of ways. The left hates to face Republicans like him.

edit on 16-3-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I shut down all satellite programming other than the very basic subscription available. Dish networks Welcome Pack. I'm sick of Fox, CNN, MSNBC and all of the other so called news channels. They are nothing but propaganda. I'm sick of them.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I've come to realize that the past will always be repeated because we aren't smart enough to change our behavior.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Bill Clinton was not impeached for sleeping around. Did you know that?

He was impeached on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice!

In fact few but the most partisan cared that he “slept around”. What so many people found as unacceptable and despicable was that as a sitting President he took advantage of a young intern under his indirect supervision and received sexual favors from her right inside of the People’s House.

Get it straight.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

I hope they all run on that.

It's a winning strategy for sure.

I'm still foggy over the "what for" tho.

Does it matter?

Do they even need a reason?

They hate Trump.

He brought about lower taxes, he wants to build a wall, and he got a judge on the Supreme Court that won't ban guns.

Isn't that reason enough?

And I bet they think America is as great as it can possibly be.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I have to wonder if the leftists really care what people think any more.

It's not like the "deplorable vote" will ever impact them.

Their base is large enough that they really can do whatever they want with the rule of law and Constitution now.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I've come to realize that the past will always be repeated because we aren't smart enough to change our behavior.

I think you have it figured out then.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
I am starting to get irritated.
I would like to line these #ing loony Dems up and backhand every one of them in the mouth...right down the line.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

How could someone be "literally Hitler" and expect not to get impeached?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Having read through the article and having been alive for those kinds of proceedings, twice the following can be stated:

Several things that should be stated:

Impeachment is not just about justice, not in the sense of the adversarial trial as many would see on TV, but it is political. And in such a trial, it would all be with in the public interest, and there is no classified evidence that can be entered, it gets put into the public spot light to view and look at.

The process is as follows: First there has to be a motion brought onto the floor of the House of Representatives, along with a list of charges, done under oath, and then it is voted on initially, before moving to the appropriate committee, for them to look at and come up with a far more detailed charges, to be brought up. There then there is an investigation that is approved off, and then findings are reported back and it goes to a committee vote if there is grounds for impeachment. If there is a formal resolution/Articles of Impeachment is brought up before the full house to be voted on. The house debates and then at the conclusion, it is voted on by the whole house. It requires a simple majority is required, and then it is taken to the Senate. The senate gets hold, hears the articles and then sends back to the House that such has been received.

The proceedings then goes like a standard trial. The Chief Justice is the judge in this case, presiding over the impeachment hearing. The Senators sit as Jury, and those that are selected in the House of Reps, serve as jury. The President has the right to call on his own attorney or attorneys. Once the trial is done, then senate deliberates in private. It requires 67 senators to convict, 2/3’s majority.
No matter how it goes, a copy of the judgement is filed with the Secretary of State.

Now if a sitting President is found guilty, then he is removed. Not even a presidential pardon can help or protect a sitting president from the impeachment proceedings. If he is removed, and is not granted a pardon, by the incoming new president, he could face criminal charges.

So even if they want to remove the President, most would still listen to the people they represent.

And ultimately, it will have to come down to the evidence, and if it shows the actual crimes. Without that evidence, the public would not support such an action. And here is where it will get sticky on both side of this, and that is a lot of dirty secrets will come out. What if one of the witnesses or piece of evidence also implicates legislator, or a governor, or even a Senator?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

How could someone be "literally Hitler" and expect not to get impeached?

That "literally" makes no sense.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Where've you been?

Google God: |"trump" "literally hitler"|

About 129,000 results (0.26 seconds)

edit on 16-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hitler is literally Hitler.
Trump is literally Trump.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Ummm...holy crap...mobius looped...“ground hog day”...

Quick...someone skewer the varmint...or was that rotisserie...?

YouSir

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
I am starting to get irritated.
I would like to line these #ing loony Dems up and backhand every one of them in the mouth...right down the line.

Ummm...whew...at least you won’t have to blind fold them first...

Right...?

YouSir

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I for one would greatly appreciate if Trump was gone...even if it has, on the face of it, nothing to do with me.
But he has been in my part of the world, and he tried to ride roughshod over some old folks there and steal their homes while saying he didn't care, and that nobody cared..., people like that don't change so much. Is this really the sort of person you want DB?
I don't lie DB, what I say is true, maybe some day you'll realise it, sooner or later.
More than anything though, I think it's the ordinary people on the ground who should come together in a realisation that government is just not working anymore, except in dribs and drabs..and start to be rational about the way the country should be run...for the betterment of all of the people, not just for winners and losers, you owe to your kids.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Really?

Lets see...

Google God: |"Trump" "literally Trump"|

About 6,510 results (0.38 seconds)

Google God hath spoken: Trump is literally Hitler!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join