It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ski Lift Accident Anomaly

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to post this since I'm not necessarily suggesting any sort of paranormal activity, but I am hoping to find a logical explanation.

Many of you may have seen or heard about the recent ski lift accident in Georgia (Eastern Europe...not the US).

Although it has been reported nobody has died, the videos may still be disturbing to some so please view with caution.

The first video I saw was this here: www.youtube.com...
Starting at approximately 0:38 seconds you will notice one passenger with a red jacket does not leave the bench and is violently thrown about by the machine.

Later, I saw a video posted with footage from an alternate angle. That video is here: www.youtube.com...
I watched it several times and noticed the passenger whom was thrown about in the first video never makes an appearance in this alternate angle.

To better visualize the anomaly I decided to sync the two videos side-by-side to see if I could figure out what is happening. The synchronized video is here:

Synced

Notice both videos show the exact same things happening...until you reach the 0:38 on the left video. On the right video the bench is empty. On the left video there is a passenger.

Can someone explain this?
edit on 16-3-2018 by Battlefresh because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2018 by Battlefresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Battlefresh

I would like to add that several more videos have popped up, each with new perspectives. Again, some show this person and some do not. I'm trying to wrap my head around what is going on.

The one thing all videos share in common is a person obviously seriously injured laying on her back, and yes she is wearing a red jacket, BUT this person was on the bench with several others and you can see she is one of the very first injured persons. The following person with a red jacket is never seen on the ground in any of the videos.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
That's really strange, thanks for bringing it here. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Count the number of seats already backing up in both videos, I believe they are different moments in time.

Peace

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
That was tough to watch.
How the hell didn’t anyone get killed?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Wow. That was so cool when the people were getting tossed off the skilift going backwards around the base. Those people will have a story to tell for the rest of their life.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Yikes!!!!! That was crazy. Why in the WORLD did it take them SO LONG to get that thing stopped? And it was actually sped up, wasn't it? That thing was whipping those chairs around that turn faster than normal. Wasn't it?

It almost looked like a joke video or a spoof- except for the people flying off of the thing. You can hear how helpless the skiers on the ground feel. I assume the word they were all yelling at the people coming down the lift was "Jump?"

The person laid flat out on his back under the pile of chairs- he was in orange from head to toe- that guy was NOT moving. From the second video angle you can see him and even as chairs go over him and bang into the chairs piling up, he doesn't flinch even once. He was either dead or knocked out cold.

I'm seeing the person in the red jacket who is violently thrown off, in the first video- single rider, right? I'm having trouble finding that person in the second video.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
After the lady (I assume) in the yellow jacket with the 3 other people is cast asunder, I count 4 more crashes before the red jacket guy. At this point in the second video, the camera only swings back, and in the first, his movement was very fast and we don't see where he lands.

I think it's just the camera work of the second guy, not being on the chair as it collides at that point.

Brutal event anyway, glad no one was killed.

"I went skiing in Russia, and all I got was this death certificate."

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Okay...I was bored so I tried to find what you said.

First video: 16 sec. mark

Second video: 33 sec. mark

so going by this there should be a (very roughly) 17sec. delay between both videos.

If we look at a screen grab from the first video at the 45sec. mark (right after the red jacket was launched) we also noticed a snowboard falling down...

In the second video this snowboard can also be seen around the 1:04 mark and if you look closely you'll noticed the person in the red jacket in mid-air...

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoSat, 17 Mar 2018 08:19:42 -0500am311920183 by operation mindcrime because: Peace

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Okay, apparently I have way too much time on my hands and since you asked for an explanation and not if we could find the person in the red coat, allow me to overkill this with my two cents...

roughly the camera angles from which both video's were shot...

From the angle of video 2 we can roughly deduct that the length of the column which supports the wheel is about 15ft.

Especially noticeable in video two is the open through left from the blue door.

The most plausible explanation I can give you based on these videos, is that the red coated person was thrown somewhere in this area and left both camera's field of view.

Peace

(although this was fun to examine, I wish all people involved in this accident a speedy recovery)
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoSat, 17 Mar 2018 10:11:51 -0500am311120183 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
... it was actually sped up, wasn't it? That thing was whipping those chairs around that turn faster than normal. Wasn't it? ...

chairs being removed from the line at the bottom of the hill meant there was no counter balance weight (chairs climbing the hill) to slow the decent of the chairs on the line descending the hill. so the downward force on the line increased with each chair that was removed.

so yes it was speeding up faster and faster.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Count the number of seats already backing up in both videos, I believe they are different moments in time.

Peace

Has to be.

As if the accelerated ski lift isn't bad enough... who's operating that thing?

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Escalators loose speed control sometimes, too, eating passengers in a machines gone wild frenzy.

Either some controller is asleep at the switch, which does;t account for the increased speed, or somebody hacked the program and sped it up for laughs.

Can't wait till a 'self' driving car network gets hacked, some asshat directing them all off a cliff , or crashing into trains, etc.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Okay....I think I found some more evidence to back up my theory.

In the second video, at the 1:27 mark, there is a red blob that can not be seen before or after. That would suggest it is moving and probably means after the red coat was ejected and landed in the pass through, he/she got up and it is in fact the red blob we are seeing...

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoSat, 17 Mar 2018 13:55:39 -0500pm315520183 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Look at the right hand video, at about 24 seconds, and the left hand video, at about 42 seconds.

Person gets flung between the front part where the chairs are, and a support beam or box. They are lying in a heap in the shadow and some debris. I slowed both videos down opened each fullscreen, and did a lot of pausing to see a pair of legs go plop behind the foreground support thing.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Yeah I thought the same thing but after looking over it about a million times I'm leaning more to the proposition that the red coat never hit the ground and got sandwiched between the accumulating carts...

Here you can somewhat follow his path...

Peace

edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoSun, 18 Mar 2018 06:30:39 -0500am313020183 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Okay...one more to solidify this theory... (Overkill is my middle name)

In video 1 you can see he is thrown over the back of the cart he was sitting in

And in this blow up from camera 2 you can clearly see him falling (head first/arms extended/on him belly) into the next cart...

In the following frames you can see how he remains lying in the pile of carts and at the end of video 2 we still see a glimpse of this red jacket in between the mess...

Yeah....I guess I need a hobby.

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoSun, 18 Mar 2018 14:00:28 -0500pm310020183 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Yikes! I think it's a miracle that no one died in this thing.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Yeah they were pretty lucky...

Peace

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Notice both videos show the exact same things happening...until you reach the 0:38 on the left video. On the right video the bench is empty. On the left video there is a passenger. Can someone explain this?

The passenger in the red jump suit?

They are in both videos.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join