It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would Vanessa Trump want a criminal defense attorney for her divorce???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
One would expect to hire an attorney who specializes in divorce cases, but for some reason Mrs. Trump hired a noted criminal defense attorney instead:

Meanwhile, court papers reveal that Vanessa has hired herself a criminal defense lawyer to handle her split from Don Jr.

David Feureisen of the firm Bartels & Feureisen will be handling the split for Vanessa, who opted for a lawyer based in White Plains, which is close to the family's residence upstate.

There is little else in the filing at this time, and the lawyer for Don Jr is not revealed in the one document that has been submitted thus far that can be viewed on the court docket.

Feureisen has been involved in a number of high-profile cases in Westchester and butted heads with Trump family friend Jeanine Pirro many a time when she was the acting district attorney for the area.

In 2007, he managed to get a murder charge overturned after arguing that Pirro's office had purposely withheld information that would have pointed to another suspect in the case.

Source

I never heard of anyone hiring a criminal defense attorney for divorce. Ever. When I filed over 20 years ago the person was just a plain regular lawyer. That's it.

Could it be due to the ongoing Mueller investigation and how it could impact Vanessa and her family?

Thoughts, ATS????
edit on 16-3-2018 by dianajune because: typo

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Maybe the lawyer is a friend and therefore offered lower fees?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Maybe the lawyer is a friend and therefore offered lower fees?

I suppose anything's possible, but Mrs. Trump most likely does not have a cash flow problem!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Sounds like the lawyer doesn't like the Trump family and would love to embares them and/or take their cash-money

i bet most liberal lawyers would see them selves as full fledged resistance members if they could go after anyone with the last name of TRUMP. The trump hate is strong, and encouraged in some circles.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
My son-in-law did the exact same thing. He is now living to regret this.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
I never heard of anyone hiring a criminal defense attorney for divorce. Ever. When I filed over 20 years ago the person was just a plain regular lawyer. That's it.

Well you may have "never" heard of it, but it happens pretty regularly. Lawyers can practice in most fields, not just the ones they "Specialize" and it can be done for various reasons. They could be friends of the family, they could just be more convenient. The article seems to imply she " opted for a lawyer based in White Plains, which is close to the family's residence upstate. "

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Criminal defense is only part of what he does.

He also deals with general civil, trusts and estates, personal injury and matrimonial.

But because TRUMP BAD, the media like to omit these facts.

the answer is right in your op:

David Feureisen of the firm Bartels & Feureisen will be handling the split for Vanessa, who opted for a lawyer based in White Plains, which is close to the family's residence upstate.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

yeah cuz men always come out on top in divorce...
edit on 16-3-2018 by smkymcnugget420 because: double quote?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

Not always. My ex ignored the letters from my attorney and the court. My divorce was granted by default because he never showed! heheheeee

Once he got a letter confirming our split, my ex gave me a call and was very unhappy. Oh well.....too bad.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

He made the decision to file. He made the decision to hire this guy. If he weren't so clueless he would be doing better, but the fact is you cant fix stupid.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
Criminal defense is only part of what he does.

He also deals with general civil, trusts and estates, personal injury and matrimonial.

But because TRUMP BAD, the media like to omit these facts.

the answer is right in your op:

I understand your point, but there are many attorneys in that area who handle just divorce cases. Why this guy? He is a noted defense attorney.

Of course, if Jr. gets caught up in the Mueller probe, Vanessa could be required to testify if they are divorced by then.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
i wonder if she thinks junior will hide money?

interesting for sure.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I once had a divorce attorney represent me in a criminal matter because she was a close family friend and knew her # inside and out.

Not everything is a conspiracy I think.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

He is a noted defense attorney

Again, answered your own question.

He's a noted attorney, period.

Vanessa could be required to testify if they are divorced by then.

Not under federal law she can't. Spousal communication privilege applies even after divorce to any communication during the marriage, under federal law. Either party can invoke it. Testimonial privilege can still be invoked after marriage if the witness chooses to invoke it.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

spousal testimonial privilege which applies only in criminal cases lasts only as long as the marriage does.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Spousal testimony privilege lasts the duration of the marriage. The witness still can't be compelled to testify if they invoke the privilege, but the ex-spouse can't invoke it to stop them from testifying.

Adverse Testimony Privilege (“Spousal Immunity”) FEDERAL LAW 1. Protects the witness spouse from having to testify against the party spouse 2. Witness-spouse holds the privilege 3. Witness-spouse can waive the privilege 4. Criminal cases only 5. Trammel v. U.S.

Marital communications privilege lasts beyond the marriage to communications during the marriage. Communications privilege can be invoked by either party so long as it pertains to communications during the marriage.

1. Either spouse may assert the privilege 2. Protects words and acts intended to be communications. Example: Privilege protects Wife from disclosing Husband’s confession to her. Privilege does not protect if W saw H shoot John Doe, or saw blood on H’s hands after H was said to have shot John Doe. 3. Requires valid marriage. Parties must be married at time of communication. 4. Applies only to confidential communications. Privilege revoked if communications made in the presence of, or likely to be overheard by, 3rd parties. 5. Privilege applies to communications during marriage even after divorce.

Handy little explanation for you.

Since Mueller is conducting a federal investigation, federal evidence rules are applied unless they take it to a state court and let them take over.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
www.lawyers.com...

Bartels & Feureisen, LLP

Areas of Law

General Civil and Criminal Trial Practice
Personal Injury
Matrimonial and Family Law
Estate Planning

I think the liberal media is twisting this, as they always do.

And everyone keeps saying she will testify against her husband - WHY? I have not heard one credible report that he is guilty of anything, and yet people are going insane making things up.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

Sounds like the lawyer doesn't like the Trump family and would love to embares them and/or take their cash-money

How?
How does it sound like that?

There is nothing whatsoever in either the OP or its source to suggest that!

To the contrary the source make it seem like it will be a peaceful and civil divorce: The divorce is listed as uncontested, so there should be disputes over neither children nor money and it also means that Don Jr. has agreed to the divorce.

Further they are quoted saying:

'After 12 years of marriage, we have decided to go our separate ways,' the pair said in a joint statement.

'We will always have tremendous respect for each other and our families. We have five beautiful children together and they remain our top priority. We ask for your privacy during this time.'

No, to me it sounds like she did not get a divorce lawyer because she did not need one, andsimply got this guy because she of course does[(i] need a lawyer for the whole affair.
edit on 16-3-2018 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
none of your business

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Vanessa knows things about Jr. and his slimy business dealings and doesn't want to get caught up in his future criminal indictments. She doesn't want to get listed as his accomplice or co- conspirator. Probably to little, to late.

The Trump family has been dealing with the mob for years...

www.usnews.com...
edit on 16-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join