It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nerve Agent May Not Have Been Manufactured In Russia.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

The nerve agents are designed to be difficult to prove origin.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

The nerve agents are designed to be difficult to prove origin.

Teresa May's words to Parliament.

Either this was a direct act by the Russian state against our country

Or conceivably, the Russian government could have lost control of a military-grade nerve agent and allowed it to get into the hands of others.

www.mirror.co.uk...

I read that in saying the origin was Russia. Or have i miss read it ?
edit on 16-3-2018 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

There'll be more to it than simply getting some chemical fingerprint match in a database. No doubt, our govt will be reaping the political hay out of it all and amplifying the certainties.

The thing is, it was a Russian ex-spy who was targeted who's been living here in peace for years. Who else has the motive to get him? Who else has a history of assassinating traitors and detractors? Are we to think Russia doesn't have any nerve agents and have no record of transgressions?

I can get behind the doubts and questions, but I'm bemused by all the current arguments that portray Russia as innocents and victims. #neverRussia

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

portray Russia as innocents and victims

I don't think it's a case of that.

My theory is that it is not clear cut and 100% certain the Russians did it.

In all probability they did. Conclusive evidence however has to be constructed and presented.

Accusing is not the same as proving.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Everything pointing to Russia could be true about a deep state player. There is an UNDENIABLE push by the MIC to accuse Russia of random crimes with no evidence for the better part of 2 years,

They hacked our colluded meddling remember?

The obvious fix is that a group of sociopaths in power need a good reason to restart the cold war. There is absolutely no credibility left in government when it comes to the intelligence community. Show us the undeniable evidence that points to what is said.

Only the US and UK government would use a chemical agent on their own people in times of peace with no provication. I dont think Russia ever did that.

We just did.

EDIT TO ADD:
Are you telling us to trust an official story by our government regarding the assasination of an intelligence operative?

How far we have come huh.

edit on 3 16 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Yeah and I get that. Proving is a different thing.

We have to remember that nerve agents are totally designed to break the chain of evidence. They're designed by top scientists to be untraceable for a reason - plausible deniability wherever possible.

In the rush to exonerate Russia, people aren't offering better candidates. Circumstantial evidence and motive place Russia top of a very short list of suspects. NK wouldn't do it and China isn't a likely alternative either. It's ridiculous to me to suggest the USA would have done this and we wouldn't do it. Russia stays top of the list.

Now, there's a little background chatter about the so-called 'deep state' and that's like counting unicorns on a pinhead imo.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Sounds like this guy may have had other enemies, not just Russia. England messed up in condemning Russia without evidence, I suppose they have done things like that in England so automatically think that Russia did it. Many countries have used that practice to silence people.

I am sure the US has done it in the past too, We were caught in the past doing things like that. I am sure that we still do it but much more discreetly now, we fund terrorist groups now. Then we give them "Hints" that someone is causing us grief.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

The nerve agent is of Russian invention called Novichok, but its chemical formula leaked out long ago and the things you need to make it are readily available, so any group with the right expertise could make it.

So this particular batch could have come from anywhere.
edit on 16-3-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The man who was attacked worked closely with Steele on the dossier. Anyone trying to cover up a trail of evidence there would have motive.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

There is an old Chinese proverb that goes

If an assassin murders with a Russian Made AK-47, it doesn't mean a Russian pulled the trigger.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

This is pretty much what I believed all along

I want to believe too !

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It isn't confirmed that Skripal 'worked closely with Steele on the dossier.' Not nearly.

However, if I may throw a bone to the thread, it's being denied by 'sources' on The Telegraph and The FT who are known to speak on behalf of Whitehall. There's always room for doubt with these news outlets...

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Inside job. Done by MI5.

edit on 16-3-2018 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

Nice edit

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Somebody needs to inform some folks that "anti-establishment," Donald Trump is also on the "blame Russia," bandwagon when it comes to this.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

Inside job. Done by MI5.

There are some strange theories going around.

One i have heard is that it's a plot to draw Corbyn out as a Russian stooge.

Stop Corbyn becoming PM by any means.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

Inside job. Done by MI5.

Proof???

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

It's ridiculous to me to suggest the USA would have done this and we wouldn't do it.

Good for you that you have such trust in the US but past events like the Iraq invasion is one of the reasons a lot of people, me included, are not willing to simply accept official narratives without solid proof. Wars that have led to terrible suffering and loss of lives have been started because of lies and disinfo before. Fool me once, and so on...

History lesson for those who have already forgotten:

The chemical engineer claimed to have overseen the building of a mobile biological laboratory when he sought political asylum in Germany in 1999. His lies were presented as "facts and conclusions based on solid intelligence" by Colin Powell, US Secretary of State, when making the case for war at the UN Security Council in February 2003.

But Mr Janabi, speaking in a two-part series, Modern Spies, starting tomorrow on BBC2, says none of it was true. When it is put to him "we went to war in Iraq on a lie. And that lie was your lie", he simply replies: "Yes."
US officials "sexed up" Mr Janabi's drawings of mobile biological weapons labs to make them more presentable, admits Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson, General Powell's former chief of staff. "I brought the White House team in to do the graphics," he says, adding how "intelligence was being worked to fit around the policy".

The WMD lies

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MostlyReading

Good for you that you have such trust in the US but past events like the Iraq invasion is one of the reasons a lot of people, me included, are not willing to simply accept official narratives without solid proof.

Have you got a rational reason why the Trump administration would be authorising this incident?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

a reply to: MostlyReading

Good for you that you have such trust in the US but past events like the Iraq invasion is one of the reasons a lot of people, me included, are not willing to simply accept official narratives without solid proof.

Have you got a rational reason why the Trump administration would be authorising this incident?

I have no rational reason to blame anyone for "authorising" the hit job at this point. Not Trump, not Putin, not China, not... Well, you got the drift. All I know is that in world politics there are ruthless people on all sides and that the official narrative is not automatically the truth. Past history has taught us that. Or at least it should have taught us that.

That is exactly why I want solid proof, not matter who or what that proof points to. I haven't seen that yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join