It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what ever happened to Morgellons disease ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
what ever happened to Morgellons disease ? You heard so much about it 20 years ago. Now you dont hear anything about it. Does anyone know if the reported case have dropped off or if any new research is being done. I found it to be a fascinating disease . Most of the post online are older and i never hear people talk about it anymore

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

Link from 2015

Since it's so rare, and confusing who knows. Very few links to it online and apparently more questions then answers.

I'm seeing only 1 or 2 links per year regarding that topic.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
You could use google or any search engine to type in that question but you type it here...

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Most of the cases were explained as contamination of the wound with bits of synthnetic fibres from clothing. Modern adhesive wound dressings filled with iodine, hydrogel (from seaweed) and medicinal honey form a watertight seal and suck out any toxins while keeping the wound sterile

A possible link between Morgellons and infection with Borrelia spirochetes has been suggested by one group of researchers. That would link into Lyme disease and Tularemia.

karlmcmanusfoundation.org.au...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.columbia-lyme.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I just spoke to my daughter and she states that she hasn't experienced Morgellons for about 5 years now. She used to have filaments growing out of her skin, like fine fishing line. And contrary to the idea that these filaments are introduced into a wound, she had no wounds where the filaments appeared...Some were nearly an inch long.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

that is great . did it go away on its own or did she do something to cure it?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I had something like that over the years, no wounds either, just had white lines going all over my body, very ennoying, ichy and confusing. What i have read about it its ppl creating an effect out of Stress etc but they also said nobody really knows about what it is. Personnally i treaded it with warm water with sea salt and also magnessium spray/oil and they seemed to help in my case, iching faded and then lines disappeared like they never even been there.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
I just spoke to my daughter and she states that she hasn't experienced Morgellons for about 5 years now. She used to have filaments growing out of her skin, like fine fishing line. And contrary to the idea that these filaments are introduced into a wound, she had no wounds where the filaments appeared...Some were nearly an inch long.

Wow, and when you tested these what did they come back as? Synthetic? Organic?

Was it her hair but transparent or white, or was it not her hair at all? Who did the testing on the specimens?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: HODOSKE
what ever happened to Morgellons disease ? You heard so much about it 20 years ago. Now you dont hear anything about it. Does anyone know if the reported case have dropped off or if any new research is being done. I found it to be a fascinating disease . Most of the post online are older and i never hear people talk about it anymore

It turned out to be primarily psychologically-based, and usually went away when you got people on anti-depressants. Same thing with "fibromyalgia," which is like getting a headache in your body due to the chemical changes that happen in your body when you experience clinical depression.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I authored a thread about Morgellon's several years ago.

I recently looked it over and found that every link lead to erased pages.

Incredible photos, statements, a CDC page... all gone.

Morgellon's seemed to disappear at about the same time Chemtrail spraying tapered off and ended.

Yes, I think the two are related.

Morgellon's victims were found to have the same chemicals in trace amounts that were find on the ground after chemtrail spraying.

Morgellon's was spread by chemtrails and when the chemtrails project ended so did Morgellon's.

edit on 16-3-2018 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Ask joni Mitchell

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: HODOSKE

It turned out to be primarily psychologically-based, and usually went away when you got people on anti-depressants. Same thing with "fibromyalgia," which is like getting a headache in your body due to the chemical changes that happen in your body when you experience clinical depression.

There has been a mechanism found that is linked to fibromyalgia. It has to do with pain receptors, and how readily they uptake the hormones that signal pain.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
So strange. I literally was thinking about this yesterday after not having given it a thought for years.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It is a fibroid disease. The colors of the fibers is what is unexplained. Some people have a problem with not enough of the enzyme in the body to break down these fibers so they grow. There are different kinds of fibrosis, I am not sure what kind it is or if it actually was given a name in that class of diseases, seems like the doctors slammed people's observation more than they called to get this investigated. Some say it has something to do with microbes interaction too. I sometimes get fibrous things in my skin, I had one in my ear that was growing, it was itchy and one day it came out. I also get beezoars easily. a coke will take care of that.

I think that calling this a delusion is a problem that doctors have, maybe there are some cotton fibers in the wounds, but I have seen pictures of these. They were not cotton in many of the ones tested, it was a fibrous strand similar in structure to an elastin fiber protein like fibroids are sometimes or a growth of some kind of protein. Cotton is a protein, but the ones tested were not made from cotton, and some of them were colored. They haven't figured out why these are forming as far as I know.

The internet seems to say these fibers are delusional, so do medical sites sometimes. But the fact is that there is evidence to show some of these are legit, others are not though. Some of the cases are delusions but not all. But most doctors will probably discount them, because they do not know how to stop them. Deny they exist then you do not look like an idiot because you can't do anything.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The internet seems to say these fibers are delusional, so do medical sites sometimes. But the fact is that there is evidence to show some of these are legit, others are not though. Some of the cases are delusions but not all. But most doctors will probably discount them, because they do not know how to stop them. Deny they exist then you do not look like an idiot because you can't do anything.

Not delusional, but more having to do with contamination from cloth, which is then inaccurately attributed to the action of the illness.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

She discussed this situation with her doctor but nothing ever became of it. My daughter said it just stopped happening.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The CDC's take on it.

Abstract

Morgellons disease (MD) is a dermopathy characterized by multicolored filaments that lie under, are embedded in, or project from skin. Although MD was initially considered to be a delusional disorder, recent studies have demonstrated that the dermopathy is associated with tickborne infection, that the filaments are composed of keratin and collagen, and that they result from proliferation of keratinocytes and fibroblasts in epithelial tissue. Culture, histopathological and molecular evidence of spirochetal infection associated with MD has been presented in several published studies using a variety of techniques. Spirochetes genetically identified as Borrelia burgdorferi sensu stricto predominate as the infective agent in most of the Morgellons skin specimens studied so far. Other species of Borrelia including Borrelia garinii, Borrelia miyamotoi, and Borrelia hermsii have also been detected in skin specimens taken from MD patients. The optimal treatment for MD remains to be determined.

It would appear there is good evidence it's a real thing.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
The CDC's take on it.

Abstract

Morgellons disease (MD) is a dermopathy characterized by multicolored filaments that lie under, are embedded in, or project from skin. Although MD was initially considered to be a delusional disorder, recent studies have demonstrated that the dermopathy is associated with tickborne infection, that the filaments are composed of keratin and collagen, and that they result from proliferation of keratinocytes and fibroblasts in epithelial tissue. Culture, histopathological and molecular evidence of spirochetal infection associated with MD has been presented in several published studies using a variety of techniques. Spirochetes genetically identified as Borrelia burgdorferi sensu stricto predominate as the infective agent in most of the Morgellons skin specimens studied so far. Other species of Borrelia including Borrelia garinii, Borrelia miyamotoi, and Borrelia hermsii have also been detected in skin specimens taken from MD patients. The optimal treatment for MD remains to be determined.

It would appear there is good evidence it's a real thing.

Wow, and here I thought that the CDC was nothing more than puppet for Big Pharma. Now I have to rethink all of what I know about the agency.
Actually, I do use the evidence the CDC creates and gathers to do research. The thing is that what we are usually told through their spokesperson is not always what their own evidence shows. I guess you just have to buy off a few people in the CDC if your a Pharma company, what the CDC researchers come up with is interpreted by the person they want to have on their side.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It is a side effect of Mandela effect when you get the fabric of space time caught up in your skin.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Rare login:

Could some of the "Real" (Not follow the leader cases), possibly of been caused by a single strand of Fibre Optic cable?

I remember in Primary School when they were upgrading the network to fibre, he showed me a single strand that he placed on a piece of tape so it would not get onto one of us, as in his words "you would never get it back out again and it will itch and hurt FOREVER".

Or something similar in properties to Fibre Optic strands?

Any ways - See you in another unknown time when something pokes and urges my damaged neurons.

Peace be up on you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join