It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Thought Crime

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

If someone does something that isn’t a criminal offence but the victim, or anyone else, believes it was motivated by prejudice or hate, we would class this as a ‘hate incident’. Though what the perpetrator has done may not be against the law, their reasons for doing it are. This means it may be possible to charge them with an offence.

Source.

Wow. Just wow. No crime, but if someone thinks you have bad thoughts, you're a criminal nonetheless.

Talk about a standard ripe for abuse. This reminds me of the drown a witch and if she dies, she was innocent times.

I wonder how long before we duplicate this thinking in the US? Probably already happening. I keep forgetting we already live in a nation where if you disagree with a POC or a woman, it's automatically because you are a racist or a misogynist pig.

Mind blown how far we have fallen.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Good god. What the heck qualifies as a "hate incident"?

Not letting someone use your new pencil sharpener and being called a racist transphobe?

This is under a right of centre Conservative govt propped up by fundamentalist protestants.

I'm confused.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

So if there's two people that hate each other involved in verbal warfare, what does that mean?

Do they both get arrested and charged?

Help, I've been stabbed by a nasty simile

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
How unbelievably silly... unless they've developed a mind reading device how on earth do you prove that someone was "motivated by hate"?
Also, what's the threshold for 'hate? What if you only 'strongly dislike' something? Since when was hating something a criminal offence? Mind boggling...

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Brothers, Sisters, look look look.. *waves hands slowly in a downward fashion*

I love you all. You love everyone all equally. Let's not bicker. Let's not lament our intent. We're all children of the same flock.

Now then *grinds teeth* Who wants a candied carrot *grimaces*

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Being offended now empowers a person to control the actions and behaviors of others.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
But but the UK does no wrong! Great Britain does this because the people asked for it! This is a good thing and was needed.

Enjoy!
It will only get better!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
What future do you see for the UK ? will it even be in 50 years ? Or will it have imploded and vaporized ? This is not a Monty Python sketch, it is a country dissolving ... Which will be first ? attrition by muslims or complete disintegration, blight and decomposition of a nation. I for one sincerely hope not, but am alarmed at the current direction.
edit on 16-3-2018 by Plotus because: ???

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Welcome to 1984 2018 and beyond.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Well. It's illegal to discriminate people, that's the world we're officially in. And I wont say it's a bad thing.

Do you wanna get thrown out & under the bus for wearing a punk haircut? There you have it in a nutshell. The busdriver is still able to garner bad thoughts and I couldn't care less, his actions are what matters. And public speaking is actionism in my book.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Though what the perpetrator has done may not be against the law, their reasons for doing it are.

"Reasons" are now against the law.

Very bizarre and awful.

Funny, too, officials can't even come up with an example of a "hate incident," rather listing examples of hate crimes.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Winston, what's 2 + 2 equal?

Remember, your answer may offend me.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Aren't we even allowed to Hate everything equally...What about the people that hate the haters.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I plead the 5th.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
What future do you see for the UK ? will it even be in 50 years ? Or will it have imploded and vaporized ? This is not a Monty Python sketch, it is a country dissolving ... Which will be first ? attrition by muslims or complete disintegration, blight and decomposition of a nation. I for one sincerely hope not, but am alarmed at the current direction.

I think London and other crappy cities will continue to change, but get rural like I am and it's still the same cream tea classic England it always has been.

*Off-topic, sorry but your avatar is an ex love of my life, 'Azule' my Mexican heremosa from my uni days, blown me away!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Pretty soon no one will be allowed to wear what they want. A government approved guide book on what to wear that isnt offensive to the migrant population or cause a hate crime to be committed.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The UK has been convicting people of thought crimes this entire time. That’s pretty much the reason for the United States fighting their way out from under the crown. If you guys still had your guns, they wouldn’t even think of trying this # on you. Well, there is still a little room here in the United States for those who enjoy their freedom.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Pleased to have brought you a brief sparkle to your day. reply to: CornishCeltGuy

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

The UK, US and Australian governments conduct regarding taxation, law enforcement and crime policies offends me, therefore the governments should be immediately prosecuted without trial for hate crimes and consequently jailed for at least 7 generations.

There is no discussion here - simply make it so, because my offence trumps anyones opinion, intentions or motivations.

Easy as....

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This law was conceived and written by teenage girls. It’s a bloody nanny state.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join