It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I MIGHT be starting to trust elements of the To The Stars Academy crew

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
For clarity: When the first NYT article came out I was very excited. Over the course of the next few weeks that shifted to feeling bitter and jaded as the story was essentially ignored by non UFO obsessed general public and the focus once again became how this was likely another intelligence agency psy-op or disinformation campaign. Its frustrating to speculate about breakaway civilizations or what the IC has up its sleeves with no change for so long.

I've been interested in this subject for 40 or so years, ever since I saw a totally silent craft fly very slowly over the top of some trees in my back yard when I was about 10 years old. I didn't even bother telling people about it until I was in my 20s because I figured no one would believe me. But I did start reading about the subject and learning about how deep of a rabbit hole it is.

As I am sure many of you feel, we've been fed so much mis and disinformation, seen so many bunk stories, its hard to trust pretty much any video or eyewitness account. We all want the truth. I suppose we end up being pretty good skeptics because all of the bull**** has simply been laid on too think for too long to not raise an eyebrow when something new pops up.

Anyhow... just wanting to give a little backdrop to where I am coming from when it comes to UFO/UAP in the news.

I just listened to a Peter Levenda interview (first time really checking out his side of the "story") and was for the most part sort of bored with lots of the same information I've already heard from Elizondo, Mellon etc. For those who don't know who Levenda is, he helped Tom Delonge write Sekret Machines (he probably wrote the whole thing as he is the author of several books, mostly about esoteric Nazi history) and Tom probably isn't used to writing novels.

I wasn't necessarily impressed with Levendas perspective on the subject, but there was something about the way he defended Delonge, Elizondo and the rest of the aviary involved that got me thinking. At first I wasn't sure how he could defend the Go Fast video. People with much more technical backgrounds than mine are able to determine the phenomenons speed, altitude and are simply writing it off as a bird. Why can't this group of people from the alphabet soup agencies, who have decades of security clearances and experience, provide us with something that is incontrovertible evidence? Is that really a bird? Could you not figure this out with your multi trillion dollar war machine?

But... it also got me thinking:

I heard this quote a couple times during interviews and on ATS recently: people are saying that these stories in the NYT/WaPo etc aren't really there for us long time students of Ufology and the ATS crowd.

I think this might be the KEY to what their intent is.

Also keep in mind they never discuss "aliens" or bring them up themselves... they might field a question about the possibility, but in general avoid the subject every time they go on record.

Perhaps its really as simple as this: The whole TTSA crew are believers and are simply trying to pressure the government to invest more time and money in to the subject as well as release whatever data it can to the public. You might be thinking, they had top security clearances, they've most likely seen far more than we have! They would face more laughter if they claimed "aliens"... so they avoid it.

They have also (especially for this phase 2 of their media blitz) been harping on the fact that the phenomenon is mostly ignored and filed away without any clear answers to what it is. None of the guys involved can really discuss what they've seen or offer more videos or documents if they've been filed top secret without subjecting themselves to arrest. Elizondo claims to have quit due to the lack of interest and acts clearly frustrated with this.

They essentially may be like most us: sick and tired of not knowing the whole story, wanting to pressure the government to provide more funding and thus more answers to all of our questions. It could really be as simple as that... they are wanting to bang the drum a little louder and hopefully get enough people to demand answers that the DOD finally has to do something.

I could be wrong... it could still be some lame rehashed psy-op to make us all look like idiots, but it could also be as simple as they are trying to get this ball rolling and will be dropping info until it garners the attention we all know it deserves.

Thoughts from the ATS crew?

edit on 16-3-2018 by Harpua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Harpua

It’s been two years that they’ve been doing this, and they haven’t put out one single valid piece of information. My impression is that the government has gotten tired of paying for this psy-op and they are simply outsourcing this project to Tom Delong. If you know of one thing That they have done that might change my mind I’m happy to hear it, but I have not seen anything credible come from them this entire time.
edit on 16-3-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
If they simply released the videos and any other data they have and asked for opinions you might have had a point.

But they are not simply "dropping info". They are pushing their narrative and making claims not supported or even contradicted by the info.

Is that the kind of attention this topic really deserves?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

There's a pretty good thread now running "why disclosure will probably not happening " from a member whom I never thought to run such a thread like that.

He sums up pretty much with what I'm battling with for quite some while now after discussing lifting the veil thread and his view of this phenomena.

Things seem to sum up if you listen to George Napp now silently not willing to disclose what ever happened on the skinwalker ranch and bigalow selling this hell hole also makes it more relevant that something not from this earth could actually be as some suggesting it to be.

I'm not completely there yet on their level of this story.

And I'm not favouring it neither do I dismiss it.
That TTSA has difficulty understand I don't find surprisingly strange if we were about to battle two saperate things and one actually finds grip in misusing the other than we're in deep doodo...

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Where's Admiral Akbar when you need him?

Don't do it Harpua!

I would say that TTSA is almost 100% a scam, or possibly scamola....

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

I haven’t seen them put out any kind of evidence. All I have seen is them claiming that they have all kinds of proof and insider connections, But I don’t think they’ve released any of that even.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

You hit on something important here. These phenomena are bizarre & complex .... not so simple as one type of shiny saucer craft travelling to our planet from some distant galaxy. George Knapp and others have been investigating this for years.

We have no way of knowing who the real players are a at TTSA and what they're trying to accomplish. Somehow, out of this chaos and junk heap of bad information, we need the truth, no matter how strange.
As individuals and as a species, we have reason to protect ourselves... and maybe, given the truth, evolve.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

They are intelligence agency people.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

And yet they are still human or ....?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm on the fence concerning TTSA as a whole, and I don't really get a bad vibe from Elizondo, but absolutely every time I see TDL speak, every subconscious alarm bell I have goes right to defcon 1 and starts ringing off the hook. I'm not sure if it's just his body language, or what. I actually enjoyed the first book, though.

The thing I keep coming back to, every time, is why, out of all the people on earth would they pick TDL? He's not particularly smart, he doesn't have great social skills, but he has a MASSIVE ego.

Another issue I have is the fact that it's not the first time that this kind of thing has happened. There's Bill Moore, then Greer. And after all the talk and assurances, nothing. Just disappointment. I think I'm pretty jaded after all that

I'm not sure what to think about the video releases. The only explanation that really fits is that they are slowly and cautiously testing the waters, with desensitization being the long term goal.

I definitely think that SOMETHING is happening, I'm just not sure what that SOMETHING is. The videos released up till now have hardly rippled the pond, as far as the public is concerned, because in reality, the public is already MASSIVELY desensitized.

I don't think that the general public will even bat an eye until there's some kind of concrete "AHA!" moment, so in MY opinion, the absolute best course of action would to just rip the band-aid off quickly.

I've been a card carrying member of the "I want to believe" club since the mid 70s, and since then, every few years something happened that would get my hopes up, and then nothing.

I'll tell you this, though. I think George Knapp is a stand-up guy, and I would bet money that he knows MUCH, MUCH more than he is willing to reveal about both the UFO subject, AND the Ranch, possibly up to and including the whole truth, or at least as much of the truth as anyone CAN know.

I'm just staying in a holding pattern for now, but I'd love to at least get as far as "Cautiously optimistic".

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
One of my things with Elizando is that he says he quit because he was so tired of the government not doing more regarding the UFO subject.

But, the AATIP program ended in 2012. He revenge-quit in 2017. What kind of protest is that? Wait 5 years after the closing of a program to make a stand?

Nope. That's a stupid story to feed to us. And I have no doubt that it's just a STORY.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

They are intelligence agency people.

And Shaman, Esotericists, Contactees, and Crowley-ian Thelemites. Levenda in particular has documented or referenced his association with the "Ritual" culture over the years.

That's not a slam but, rather, an observation that probably has bearing here and is mostly overlooked.

The Occultists have been telling us for centuries that they've been in "contact." Most likely why they skirt around the "Alien" issue.

edit on 16-3-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

The whole Crowley occult thing is such bad joo-joo!
"uh, golly, let's call up demons and see if they want to be our friends, invite 'em into our homes, of course we can use them to our own advantage..."

We are so screwed trying to sort out fact from illusion .... picture a Halloween party with a room full of rubber alien masks, Nixon heads, Trump heads, Hillary heads, a few Disney princesses and that's what we're looking at.

On the one hand, there may be some for real alien tech being back-engineered....there are human and non-human liars playing by their own selfish agendas.

And where are the good guys/gals (human & otherwise) ??

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

It’s been two years that they’ve been doing this, and they haven’t put out one single valid piece of information. My impression is that the government has gotten tired of paying for this psy-op and they are simply outsourcing this project to Tom Delong. If you know of one thing That they have done that might change my mind I’m happy to hear it, but I have not seen anything credible come from them this entire time.

Well, thats my point sort of... TTSA is simply trying to pressure the powers that be in to releasing legit info since they (TTSA) can't do it without breaking confidentiality / secrecy agreements.

Again, this is just a perspective to look at the situation from... of course it may not be at all whats going on.

And yes, they are definitely intelligence agency people who in general have proven themselves to be untrustworthy to a massive degree within pretty much every level of meddling they've been involved in.

Conversely, my other more common perspective is that 3 major (lots of press) sitings occurred in 1947 within weeks of each other which kicked off the majority of this whole subject matter: Maury Island (with intel agency involvement, faked material and a plane crash killing military men) Roswell and the Kenneth Arnold siting. All 3 have strong elements of a potential disinformation campaign and considering their close proximity in time, could show that the whole thing has been fake since the beginning.

But then I go back to my own siting as well as others I've met personally who have seen or experienced stuff and I start speculating all over again.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaYote

Maybe it is all in our best interests. Have we been adversely affected by any of it? Without this manipulation, would we all be in better circumstances? Hard to tell.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harpua
But then I go back to my own siting as well as others I've met personally who have seen or experienced stuff and I start speculating all over again.

Yeah, the curious thing about the whole UFO subject is that while it hasn't progressed generally (except maybe that more people are convinced that they're "real," whatever that means), it continues to progress on a personal, individual level. It crowds into our consciousness through stories told by old, trustworthy gentlemen who quietly admit to some extremely strange thing that happened to them years ago but they never told the story. It's often been said that once you've had a solid encounter, you can't go back to thinking the way you used to. So that's progress, a few people at a time. Maybe that's the plan, if there is a plan.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: SeaYote

Maybe it is all in our best interests. Have we been adversely affected by any of it? Without this manipulation, would we all be in better circumstances? Hard to tell.

eh, from profiting off of wars to the assassination of kennedy to 911... I'd have to say that being manipulated sucks pretty bad.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Well, thats my point sort of... TTSA is simply trying to pressure the powers that be in to releasing legit info since they (TTSA) can't do it without breaking confidentiality / secrecy agreements.

Again, this is just a perspective to look at the situation from... of course it may not be at all whats going on.

You seem to think TTS AAS is some form of UFO/UAP disclosure group?

Here is a link to their financial and legal documentation : www.sec.gov...

Now you tell me where they mention they are working on any sort of UFO/UAP disclosure?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harpua
eh, from profiting off of wars to the assassination of kennedy to 911... I'd have to say that being manipulated sucks pretty bad.

The worst thing a person can have is the fantasy of an alternate history. It just poisons a person's perspective to the point where they're disappointed with reality and what really happened.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

How about a fantasy of a better future?

It's pathetic that we accept this perpetual state of war as "normal" and inevitable. Just because history has been the same sad story doesn't mean that's the only way we can be.
Pathetic that we accept a world being fractured/cracked open/dug up/polluted so we can generate power with fossil fuels.
Sure feels like we've been manipulated into thinking this is the best we can do.

If you've ever witnessed an object moving through the sky (more than once, more than one kind) in ways far beyond accepted human technology, you kinda question why we're so lame....puttering along with our internal combustion engines. You kinda question why we let our leaders lie to us and spend gerzillions of dollars and lives on the industry of war.

Call me bitter. I was one of those kids standing out barefoot on a cold dewy lawn, staring up at the stars....certain, so certain, that I would grow up into an exciting and good world. I fear for my kid and grand-kids.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join