It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romans in America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It's possible that definitely artifacts from Rome could be found in North America, especially in the North East. The Norse between 900 and 1100 traveled to America and could have easily left Roman artifacts because of thier conquering (along with the Germanic Tribes). As we know, Vikings love plundering!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
What's the big deal? There are a lot of us Romans here in Terra Nova.

Seriously, I'd also welcome any links showing how and when my ancestors first arrived here.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Do cheann im chrios!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Do cheann im chrios!

Legio XX Valeria Victrix

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BattleofBatoche

The vikings made it as far as Greenland its not all that far to america from there so its very possible

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
There are various stories in ireland about warriors and monks goingto a new land across the alantic ( Saint Brenden wasnt the only irish man to visit america, in fact he heard about this land from much earlier stories) but the voyage of maeldun has some curious references in it that could be refareing to south america ( he mentions large flocks of colourful ) maybe maeldun or an irish saint was quetzalcoatl, it is said that quetzalcoatl told the incas that human sacrifice was wrong and that they would be punished if they continued to pratice it.... ( my sources my be wrong Im just writeing what I have been told and read) also the saint bridged's cross has been found in in south america ( pre colombian south america) and it was a sacred object

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucifersjester

Do you have any links to your sources? I would love to read up on this.

niv

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I've read several times about Roman coins in the Western Hemisphere. Here's a general description. Michael Cremo's book, Forbidden Archaelogy, probably has some references although I don't recall for certain.

Byrd - I don't know about Roman stuff but I thought it was generally agreed among archaelogists that Vikings and Irish monks (1,000 years ago or so) visited the US or Canada.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by niv
I've read several times about Roman coins in the Western Hemisphere. Here's a general description. Michael Cremo's book, Forbidden Archaelogy, probably has some references although I don't recall for certain.

Byrd - I don't know about Roman stuff but I thought it was generally agreed among archaelogists that Vikings and Irish monks (1,000 years ago or so) visited the US or Canada.

Cremos books are useless as archeology and science.

An overwhelming agenda to prove humanity extends millions of years back, he ignore solid scientific data in favour of self-serving wonky interpretations, dismissal of conflicting evidence, cherry picked selections, etc. Much of sampling he analyzes are no longer if ever existent artifacts and based on questionable sources.

The entire field of ancient archeology has been overrun on the popular level by religionists and outright careerist frauds like Sitchin.

If it's not from an academic publisher or by someone with demonstrable credibility the odds are extremely high its another addition to the vast and growing Library of Pseudoscience.

The endless websites and videos full of this BS are not even with discussing.

M

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xibalba
In Brazil there is a place known as the Bay of Jars. In this bay divers have for some time been finding jars of Roman make.

Its interesting to note that explorer and archeologist Thor Heyerdahl, had successfully traveled from Africa to Barbados on his second attempt in a boat made of papyrus reeds. A page about Thor Heyerdahl.

EXCELLENT link, Heyergahl is quite possibly one of the worlds sexiest men of all times... GREAT link!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join