It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Plea For Justice With Regards To Russia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Pay attention just as in the Mueller investigation they are not reading you in on their findings. This is a ridiculous argument because you have no idea about evidence only what you want to believe.
Why are you defending Russia?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Why do you care?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

You see what you want to see.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Oh no. They are the only Russians they can't defend. Don't you know?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MostlyReading

Why would Russia be so stupid as to have an extensive State sponsored doping programme for their Olympic athletes? But they still did, didn't they?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

The nerve agent was developed and produced by Russia. No one else. They wanted to be identified.
If you can get past your disdain for knowledge you can get information on line.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
So my view on this is that right now it seems mostly likely that the Russian state are the prime suspects.

I have written this thread explaining that view at length.

Fundamentally I think what this comes down to is do you believe what the Russians are saying about this or what everyone else is saying?

It comes down to a personal judgment and based on the facts and historical positioning of all of this I have come to conclude that the UK government is most likely to be telling the truth when they say it was a assassination attempt with involvement of the Russian state for the reasons outlined in the aforementioned thread. That is not to say that I am not open to possibility that other individuals or states may have been involved in this assassination attempt its just that I have not seen anything so far that would sway me to doubt that Russia is the principle suspect.

I know that many are asking questions like "why now?" or "Why use a substance so easily traced back to Russia?" and other questions. These questions in themselves do not proof that Russia did not do this nor do they even really cast significant doubt over it. This entire saga is still the subject of a ongoing investigation and it is unlikely that all of these questions will be answered to our satisfaction anytime soon. Indeed some of them may never be answered, many of these same questions could have been asked during the first weeks of Litvinenkos death but remain unanswered yet its pretty much now accepted that Russia were behind his death.

I think that asking these kinds of questions is good because in exploring them we can deepen our understanding of what has happened however at the same time we have to accept that just be virtue of asking the question it does not "debunk" the current theory that it was Russia behind this attack.

Again this comes very much down to who do you trust, I personally do not trust the Russian government and yes I also acknowledge that at times the UK government and others have lied in spectacular ways yet even with that on balance I still maintain that I would trust the UK over Russia particularly on issues such as this.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I don't think that he/she is particularly bothered by little things like facts when it comes to providing us with an opinion.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Itisnowagain

A group of international investigators. What's NATO good for if it can't do that?
Why is the UK deploying so much military to Salisbury?

The Military were deployed because only they have the skills required to safely remove and decontaminate the affected areas.

It is not uncommon for the Military to be drafted in to assist police in the UK.

Again as I said in my first post, questions like this do not actually prove or disprove anything just by the virtue of asking them.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Did you see that Panorama investigation into how political dissent is dealt with in Putin's Russia - it was broadcast the other day? You can get it on the BBC's Iplayer.

Basically, if you want to oppose Putin and stand against him you will be followed, arrested on trumped up charges (as was the BBC's investigative reporter!), beaten up, stabbed and/or shot. He is not a very nice man, to put it mildly.

I know who I would put my trust in when it comes to a choice between our Govt or the Russians. I don't particularly trust our own Govt on everything but you have to apply some common sense here.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Yes, that is exactly what they are actually doing. I have seen this for myself here in Salisbury.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Why would Russia be so stupid as to have an extensive State sponsored doping programme for their Olympic athletes? But they still did, didn't they?

You would have to ask someone who gives a damn about sport. I could not care less about sports, Olympic games, athletes and doping. For all I know every athlet from every nation could be stuffed to their eyeballs with whatever kind of drugs that are used for doping. Or maybe just the Russians. I don't care either way, sorry.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

You don't have to give a damn about sport - the point is that Russia does not play by the rules and that this doping programme was sponsored by the State - as in Putin.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Did you see that Panorama investigation into how political dissent is dealt with in Putin's Russia - it was broadcast the other day? You can get it on the BBC's Iplayer.

Yeah I saw it.

I am quite a fan of John Sweeney.

I thought it was amazing how the followed him around, arrested him on fake charges then told the state run press who then ambush him, then run a news special on him in which the police leak his full statement and his full unedited passport.

Those are not the actions of a trust worthy state in my view.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Indeed. Then there was that guy from RT on Question Time last night. Never heard such a pack of outrageous lies!

And to think that Comrade Corbyn has been recommending RT to all and sundry.

Trustworthy state, my.....foot!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: YouSir

The Police investigation is a criminal investigation into an attempted murder. A crime. That is what the Police in this country do. Expulsions of diplomats and sanctions are political matters for the Government.

I think you will find that it is your good self that is in need of some correction here.

Sadly, that is not all that you are quite mistaken about. A sample is indeed being provided to the relevant independent body, the OPCW.

Well done for referencing Thatcher. She has been out of power since 1990 and is dead but never mind.

And yes, you get to make some rather coarse, sexist and misogynistic comments about our female PM. How nice, very liberal minded of you, I'm sure.

I like your writing style - very "stream of consciousness". Are you typing with your elbows?
LOL! Oldcarpy, that made my morning. As a typisch American I find it quite difficult to type with my elbows, especially on a cell phone. YouSir does a fantastic job of it in my opinion, i'm thinking from now on I should start every paragraph with the word UMM...

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Devino

You are most welcome. Have a

It's Friday and over here the sun is well over the yardarm.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Frankly I hope this is the start of Cold War version 2.0 between the US and Russia. The first go around ushered in the most prosperous middle class boom in history for this country. Let's dance that dance again.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Ummm...for your further...amusement...oldharpy

I suppose I'd rather type with my elbows...than serf on my knees...

You can ignore this...just as Ole saggy bottom did...in her rush to judgement...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The British do not release evidence until the investigation is concluded

yeah except you've already been told to think its Putin. so the results of the investigation are moot at this point. your well has been poisoned already. (see what i did there
)

it wont matter in 3-6 months what the investigation finds. you gotta place blame while its fresh or it wont stick, you honestly expect anyone to believe that within minutes everyone knew for 100% fact who it was. the blind obedience would be comical if it wasn't so pathetic.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join