It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SF Bay bridge AT RISK Known Faulty Bolts installed High Strength Wire Severly Corroded...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
So i came across an interesting article dated i know but Still relevant after the structural and design failure in Florida. it brings the question of US aging Bridge infrastructure and with it according to this article structural Failures noted BEFORE installation by years and STILL went ahead and installed Just wow

Here's a few bits with the link to the whole article:

Hundreds of documents released by Caltrans show its inspectors found structural integrity issues with some of the bolts years before they were installed.
The 32 bolts that failed were among 96 bolts that were delivered in 2008. After the bolts were installed, they were covered by the bridge roadways and are no longer accessible to remove or replace.

In addition, the contract called for bundles of high-strength wire under tension to be grouted within a 30-day period to protect them from corrosion, but they were left exposed for 15 months and were severely corroded.

In March 2013, it seemed that the new span was well on its way to completion, until workers tightened 32 steel bolts that were intended to stabilize the bridge during an earthquake and discovered the bolts were brittle, and cracked.

www.nace.org...

So my Question is What Other NATIONAL Bridge Projects Can be proven to be/are similar to this?
edit on 16-3-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Well this won't end well.
Scary

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Scary

Lowest Bidder is rarely the best quality.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Scary

Lowest Bidder is rarely the best quality.

Yes but it's cheaper, everyone wants cheaper.... You get what you pay for...

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   

So the new, eastern span is going to potentially fail catastrophically in the event of a major quake in the area?

I get that they came up with a "work around" but that doesnt exactly soothe my mind. Caltrans is known to f up.

Tax dollars go to what again?
edit on 16-3-2018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Consider that the ground is moving and this is what has undermined the strength of the structure (in Florida for example). Much like train derailments, this could be a clear gauge of plate movement.

My ears pricked up when I heard it was in Florida, as this area is on a watch list of mine. Peppered with limestone formations, which as the ground moves, has created the many sinkholes appearing in earnest there over more recent years.

As for San Fran? This is another watch area (west coast US) could this information be readying people for the collapse of this bridge? With a pre planned reason as to why it fell (may fall) and to prepare a cover story for the real reason it fell~serious ground movement..

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Good, Fast, Cheap, Pick any two.

From Fox

The companies involved in the construction of the bridge have been accused of negligent safety practices.

Miami-based Munilla Construction Management, which reportedly took on the bridge contract, was accused in a lawsuit from earlier this month of hiring "incompetent, inexperienced, unskilled or careless employees."

OK then!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   
This had me looking at other bridges wondering if the same Contractors and Engineering supply companies are used then came across this which i thought would add a nice twist (pun intended) to it all.

So here's a bit of a prophecy Specifically about the SF bridge in came in the form of a dream to the guy

" Suddenly I was no longer in bed, but high above San Francisco bay, looking down on the golden gate bridge. As I watched it, it began to shudder, break apart, and fall into the waters below."

escapeallthesethings.com...

I know a bit off topic but.... on the other hand can't really say SF/we weren't warned ...and how long of a commute would it be with out the bridge for a while??

a reply to: EndOfDays77

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Not to mention that highly corrosive cloud of smug that lingers over the bay.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The designers...

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Can /is this verified true? That's only 5 ppl to design and construct a bridge???? Sorry I don't buy it. There's got to be more than just 5 ppl involved ???

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   
speaking of Florida...a worker saw a crack and called the state and left a voicemail 2 days before the bridge failed...the person who usually answers the phone was out in the field... didn't hear the message until he got back today!!!

it was verified that they were doing stress tests without closing the road to traffic,,,,,and they put the bridge up without the middle span and the support wires...

I shutter to think how many bridges are in bad shape and ready to fall

originally posted by: mikell
Good, Fast, Cheap, Pick any two.

From Fox

The companies involved in the construction of the bridge have been accused of negligent safety practices.

Miami-based Munilla Construction Management, which reportedly took on the bridge contract, was accused in a lawsuit from earlier this month of hiring "incompetent, inexperienced, unskilled or careless employees."

OK then!

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
The designers...

I'm horrified that brown peeple with vaginas are doing things. Only whites with peni can design bridges.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
There's a great thread over at Lifehacker or Gizmodo linked to a YouTube video where AvE, an engineering Youtuber and his followers figured out what caused the bridge in FL to collapse and basically it's bad construction or bad on site engineering adjustments.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

originally posted by: FlyingFox
The designers...

I'm horrified that brown peeple with vaginas are doing things. Only whites with peni can design bridges.

Too soon?

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
A bridge full of illegals, a bridge funded by sanctuary state legislation, a bridge who'd see and facilitate the death of border patrol officers.... Good riddance. The more trapped each californian becomes on their crappy state land, the better. The less chance them californians infect the rest of us.

In reference to SF Bay Bridge...
edit on 3/17/2018 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
damn that's cold and wrong butkinda funny i would wait until the dead are buried next time

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Bwahahaha....

If only they'd ordered extra cheese... maybe it'd stuck together.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

flying fox that was really in bad taste...but I did chuckle.....what happened is horrible but sometimes we need to let go of the bad and joke a little

top topics

join