It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We probably won’t hear from aliens. But by the time we do, they’ll be dead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

There's no reason to believe the alien civilizations would be anything like humans. They may be sentient beings who never die because they are not made of flesh.
They probably wouldn't care enough about mere humans to even contact us. But as Hawking said... first contact with alien species should be avoided.

He told the National Geographic Channel in 2004: “I think it would be a disaster. The extraterrestrials would probably be far in advance of us. The history of advanced races meeting more primitive people on this planet is not very happy, and they were the same species. I think we should keep our heads low.”

Hawking quotes

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
IMHO we already “heard” from them and continue to “hear” from them...

But they are undoubtedly hyper advanced...

Here’s my thinking:
What’s the most universal currency in the universe?
LIGHT
So my communication would be in the form of light from stars pulsing and sending messages hidden in the pulses or perhaps create quasars...

Either way, we are fixed on radio signals so would be deaf to these but eventually I believe we will see a pattern and get decipher a message from the pulsing stars we see EVERYWHERE in the universe...

Heck, it’s how I would communicate if sufficiently advanced...take a nearby star and make it a giant look-at-me “neon” sign....

-Chris

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

This is very interesting. A significant discovery.

A mysterious cosmic signal radiating from the center of our Milky Way galaxy is actually triggered by ancient stars, rather than dark matter, according to a new study.

There is a mysterious abundance of high-energy gamma-rays at the Milky Way's core, also known as the galactic bulge. Previous studies suggested that this abundance originated from dark matter — the mysteriously invisible substance that does not emit light or energy, yet is thought to make up most of the matter in the universe.

Instead, new research shows that the gamma-rays emanate from thousands of rapidly spinning neutron stars known as millisecond pulsars, which are believed to be some 10 billion years old. Because the stars are so far away, their emissions appeared to merge into a signal that astronomers previously interpreted as dark matter, according to a statement from the Australian National University (ANU). [Our Milky Way Galaxy's Core Revealed (Photos)]

Mysterious Milky Way Signal comes from the Past, Not Dark Matter

edit on 16-3-2018 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Doesn't come down to which model of civilization is more successful, good or evil.

There's a certain "efficiency" to the evil model, and it's possibly more "sustainable".

Already, Earthlings have claim to both paradigms.

To simplify the model, consider what type we really are.

In a word, and for accuracy's sake, I would say "primitive" is the best description I can think of.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Doesn't come down to which model of civilization is more successful, good or evil.

There's a certain "efficiency" to the evil model, and it's possibly more "sustainable".

Already, Earthlings have claim to both paradigms.

To simplify the model, consider what type we really are.

In a word, and for accuracy's sake, I would say "primitive" is the best description I can think of.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
We've heard from aliens.

No one cares.

I'd move on. It's too toxic of a subject still, for public dissemination.

I figured out that we received an artificial signal months ago.

I've knocked on every available door, emailed, and talked to everyone of every possible reporting avenue for that type of find.

Even SETI wouldn't give me 2 minutes. No one cares about the subject. It is a mockery and a failure of humanity. (And by this, I'd like to add, I am directly calling BOTH the subject of contact AND SETI a mockery and a waste of resources. You are too busy listening to the stars. to listen to the one guy that can give you direct proof. Don't even bother talking to me Seth or SETI. I'm turning my findings over to the DOD and DARPA tomorrow, because I can't trust it to a bunch of bumbling idiots.)

To be 100% clear. I tried the proper channels for this information. Those channels have had their lines cut. No one touches the subject.

I can't just post this on the internet freely, or provide the information to the public because I don't want to be arrested.
It can be construed as providing potential weaponry to a foreign power. The signal I found was produced by a civilization that was able to harness more energy than every single bomb that has ever exploded on Earth, since we invented things that went boom. If any of this signal contains information about that tech, I can not freely distribute something that would be magnitudes more deadly than a fusion bomb.

DOD, DARPA, that's it. I tried the Universities. I tried the observatories. I tried SETI. I even tried MUFON for crying out loud, and I hate those guys.
They are all cool when you talk about signal analysis, but when you mentioned that you actually found something? No returned phone calls. No returned emails. You become an academic leper. Know what's keeping science from progressing? Science.

bump for answers to this amazing claim!

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
IMHO we already “heard” from them and continue to “hear” from them...

But they are undoubtedly hyper advanced...

Here’s my thinking:
What’s the most universal currency in the universe?
LIGHT
So my communication would be in the form of light from stars pulsing and sending messages hidden in the pulses or perhaps create quasars...

Either way, we are fixed on radio signals so would be deaf to these but eventually I believe we will see a pattern and get decipher a message from the pulsing stars we see EVERYWHERE in the universe...

Heck, it’s how I would communicate if sufficiently advanced...take a nearby star and make it a giant look-at-me “neon” sign....

-Chris

Or maybe the Stars themselves are actually alive and say "sorry" before going supernova. Canadian stars.

Anyway, light really wouldnt be enough. Light is incredibly slow on a universal scale. If light coms is the eqvivalent of shouting at your neighbour, we need something eqvivalent to talking with someone on the other side of the planet with no delay for true interstellar communication.

But that would require FTL coms, which as far as I know remains theoretically impossible even when considering stuff like quantum entanglement. And even if aliens figured out how to do this, we wouldnt have any idea what we see is even communictions - if we could somehow see it. Which we probably wont. We'd only hear the last cries of a civilization as stupid as ours, trying to yell out knowing its impossible to recieve a reply.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

The DoD and it's contractors are the very reason why no one will speak of the things you mention. The entire system of academic social stupidity was built by them, and has taken many decades to achieve the kind of nonsense you are encountering. To try to give what you found to them is like giving a murder weapon to your own murderer.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I'll propose a method of FTL coms. This would require a very advanced civilization to send it out. Send out a directional RF wave with a linked (spooky) atoms buried in the signal. The instructions would be on how to extract the (spooky) atom from the signal and use it to communicate. This would require a very active civilization with lots of resources to monitor all of those (spooky) atoms for a connection and lots of time to listen. Perhaps only their software would be able to respond since they could be long gone before anything happens. Once the connection is made it would be instant communication.
Consider how long the signal could persist before making contact.
LOL all BS tossed into the ether.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join