Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

AUSTRALIA could become the first country in the world to adopt facial recognition

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
AUSTRALIA could become the first country in the world to adopt facial recognition software to help prevent passport fraud, Foreign Minister Alexander Downer said today.

Mr Downer said Australia could introduce the technology as soon as next year following a decision by the International Civil Aviation Organisation to adopt facial biometrics as the worldwide standard for travel documents.

"The decision means that all countries intending to use biometrics for enhanced passport security must use the same biometric system to ensure worldwide interoperability," he said.

"Australia's plans to incorporate facial recognition biometrics into passports are well-advanced following the allocation of $6.5 million to test the technology in the past two years."

The technology will use a person's passport photo to create a detailed electronic portrait of their face.

link.....
www.news.com.au...

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If Aboriginals are the oldest human beings on the planet, then I reckon that Australia already was the first to adopt facial recognition.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
MaskedA........Aboriginals are not the oldest human beings on the planet .....

There is a prophecy that was told to me ....that Australia will become the first in accepting all new things......and the Antichrist will love the people and have many followers.......

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hi helen
Nice to meet you. I have read many of your posts and your like really religious and stuff and I think that its way cool that you post all these things that really make you goo..hmmm!.

See ya later!

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Marcos......Hi

I wish I was religious (I know alot but practice it not enough).........
Although I do post alot in the religious posts It does not in any way make me Christian enough........There are many things about Christianity I know .....especially about the end of times(and that is because of my earlier yrs interest in the paranormal)........I enjoy reading about the early church fathers and what they had to say about the end of times and how their life was in dealing with real demons..).......many devoted their whole life in living in the mountains and in the deserts and away from people........fasting and prayer was their life........prophecy was given to them so that it may be given to us........and I have read quite alot of those prophecies and like to share them with many that have not heard of them........
But thank you for your interest......Many of these posts are not even my own.......I do write them

but the credit goes to the people that inspired me to share them with others......
helen.

Australia is great(I guess I dont know any better!) but the propblem lies in the people and how they see things........
With the U.S you have history .........
U.K.........you have history.......
Europe has history!
But Australia has none.......No significant history of interest to show the world.

...............Well I guess now with this facial recognition and all.......I wont be going anywhere too soon.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Europe has history!
But Australia has none.......No significant history of interest to show the world.

What do you mean Australia doesn't have any history?? or no significant history of interest to show the world?? Ummm...pretty sure it does...or is history only considered relevant and significant when its EUROPEAN history. Lord knows the Aborigines have been there for eons...guess their history doesn't count for jack huh...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien

Europe has history!

What do you mean Australia doesn't have any history?? or no significant history of interest to show the world?? Ummm...pretty sure it does...or is history only considered relevant and significant when its EUROPEAN history. Lord knows the Aborigines have been there for eons...guess their history doesn't count for jack huh...

Peace,
ALIEN

It counts for more than its given credit or merit.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien

Europe has history!

Peace,
ALIEN

Alien it's not about the Aboriginal history that does not count!
It's about what is significant to me....concerning what matters to the whole of mankind and not just a portion of humanity!
Aboriginal people have many great stories to share about their life before 'white man' came and decided that things should be their way.....and done things according to their teachings!
I have great respect for all mankind........but what you read in 'text books'' and what you hear from true accounts are two different things!
Australia is racist..........just because people in high places say one thing.....and mean another does not make it ''true''........
I was born in Australia from Greek parents.....both who are now Australian citizens.......but that does not mean that I was accepted as an Australian all these years.....although now it is much different to what it was years back.........it does not mean that Australia has accepted all people as one and the same.........and not all people are the same in their thinking!
What I was talking about Australia and history is about True Christian followers like those in other parts of the world.......not that Australia has no history to tell!
(I was looking at it from a Christian perspective......and not as anything else!)
helen..
sorry if I came across in a different way!

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Alien........My thinking may be a bit different to what others way of thinking is......(not that my thinking is always right)
When I reply to a post.......I do so in a manner of how a Christian should look at life and try to imitate another Christians rightous way ..........I look at Australia not having the full Christian history as other countries have ......I believe that Christians should try to imitate those of the past rightous Christians........and in Australia there is none........eg....In Egypt or in Greece of the 3rd century..... great fathers of the Church that lived in caves and in the forests......all were great in their wisdom of Christian teachings!
Hope that has cleared up some misunderstandings in this thread.
helen.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I apologize for bringing the Aboriginal focus in my first reply to this post.

I just think it's funny that there is a need for facial recognition software when it is one of the most innate softwares we are all programmed with.

On the Aboriginal issue, I need to qualify my statement.

It is my considered opinion that the Aboriginal people, having lived in an isolated island continent for 40,000 years +, are the oldest race in the world, and I want to be corrected on that.

Not the first race, but the oldest surviving race.

Does anyone have a precis of where the Aboriginal people came from, and the direction of migration, and whether there is in fact an older people in the world?

I also believe there is too much racism towards Aboriginals from European Australians, overtly and covertly. In my Australian friends it is really embarrassing, not just the jokes and stereotypes, but the serious statement that there should have been full genocide at the time of colonizing Australia. Not all Australians speak that way, but plenty do, undeniably.

It's notable also how recently Australian Aboriginals got the right to vote, in an otherwise progressive country.

Rabbit Proof Fence is a really interesting dramatized account of treatment of Aboriginal children earlier this century, could be considered much worse than anything that happened to native Americans.

End of sermon.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Although rabbit proof fence said it was a "true story"...it really wasn't.

Some of it may have been true. But alot of it wasn't. So dont gobasing everything you see in the cinemas or on video/Tv and accept it at fact.

Hell...The US press now have a right to be able to lie to the people of the world through their news. They can lie. Dont accept everything you read as fact.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Thanks for the "heads up".

I'm capable of discerning fiction from reality from dramatization.

If you've seen the film Rabbit Proof Fence, you know the real life heroines appear at the end as old women.

www.rabbitprooffence.com.au/

If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and see it, and read the book Follow The Rabbit Proof Fence.

If, however, you are trying to deny the whole existence of the Stolen Generation, then that is a very stupid and uneducated remark.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 06:57 AM
link   
For a nation that was once a penal colony....

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm not denying a thing about a stolen Generation.

I'm just saying that yes, it has been dramatized. Even though it says it's a true story. There are still things in Rabbit proof fence that are not real, didn't happen, and are actual lies.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 04:55 AM
link   
DaRage

Thanks for clarifying.

I didn't think you were in denial.

I am really interested to know, which parts of the story do you think were not true?

I really enjoyed the movie as a struggle against oppressive and insane government, and a willingness to be free.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I apologize for bringing the Aboriginal focus in my first reply to this post.

I just think it's funny that there is a need for facial recognition software when it is one of the most innate softwares we are all programmed with.

On the Aboriginal issue, I need to qualify my statement.

It is my considered opinion that the Aboriginal people, having lived in an isolated island continent for 40,000 years +, are the oldest race in the world, and I want to be corrected on that.

Not the first race, but the oldest surviving race.

Does anyone have a precis of where the Aboriginal people came from, and the direction of migration, and whether there is in fact an older people in the world?

I also believe there is too much racism towards Aboriginals from European Australians, overtly and covertly. In my Australian friends it is really embarrassing, not just the jokes and stereotypes, but the serious statement that there should have been full genocide at the time of colonizing Australia. Not all Australians speak that way, but plenty do, undeniably.

It's notable also how recently Australian Aboriginals got the right to vote, in an otherwise progressive country.

Rabbit Proof Fence is a really interesting dramatized account of treatment of Aboriginal children earlier this century, could be considered much worse than anything that happened to native Americans.

End of sermon.

Well your out of luck if you have more melanin than your supposed to..........

new topics

top topics

join