It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Veterans treated like garbage if they get injured?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

but, it's my feelings that cause me to speak out...
the feeling I got when I first met one of my husband's friends, a nam vet... and watched him flip out and start shouting commands and ducking from imaginary explosions, or at least that's how I interpreted his movements.
or the feeling I got when the homeless vet came into a fast food place and sat down with us who seemed just a tad bit looney, but well, held onto enough money to buy himself a good meal instead of having to eat our leftovers.
the feeling that it's rather pathetic!! the feeling the people running the show have to be some sick sobs to leave those who lost so much fighting in wars that turned out to be rather useless when it came to our national interests would be left to fend for themselves afterwards. the feeling of compassion, the ability to put myself in their place, to see with their eyes, and to feel with their hearts and to imagine just how let down they must feel by the country they fought for. to me maybe more feeling and less drive for profits and money is what we need...
after all, are the prisoners being treated so much better because people feel so compassionate towards them, or is it more that the prison system is now more outsources and for every tv the place in them costs a few hundred dollars less that what they are getting from the state and federal gov't... so having tvs equals profits!!!

the one's running the show must not have that ability because if they did they would be as horrified as I was to see what was happening.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

Veterans today, modern war veterans are volunteers, at least they willfully want to be there, usually because they have no other option. They don't serve the country, they serve corporate gains and profit. Veterans are basically industrial line employees no different than any other manufacturing job. The way it is. There is no major threat on America and yet there are never ending wars overseas and occupations of other nations on other bases where all they do is test weapons and jack each other off.

What does a person joining the military have to fight? Why would they join the military? What need is there to fight in the Middle East? What are they protecting, who are they protecting, what money are they worth, etc? They aren't protecting you or me, that is for damn sure. They are actually making the world a worse place by continuing war in a destabilized area of religious and economical playgrounds with shadow corporations making money from both sides.

Oil, Heroin, Cartels, pedophilia, human trafficking, etc. Those are the values the military are fighting for today. If they are too dumb and brainwashed to know what they are truly fighting for then no, they don't deserve tax dollars, they deserve corporate dollars from Lockheed and Boeing not to mention 20+ other corporations that are making major bank on the wars. Take it up with them.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder
So let me see if I got this right. You serve your country. You do what you are told, sweat for it, bleed for it, loose sleep for it. Then one day you get injured.

You are pretty much useless to your country, so say bye bye to ever working again. Then you decide to apply for insurace. Thats not an option either because the wait time to see if you even APPLY is AT LEAST one flippin year! And thats across the country, in canada anyway.

Do the people that give their lives for us not deserve better treatment then a one flippin year wait time or am I farting in the wind here? Im honestly suprised the suicide rate isnt higher!

They risk their lives and we poo all over them when they get back. I would wanna kill myself too. What a sad state of affairs.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

And lots of vets do suicide - I think one a day is the last I heard.

But in the good ole USA if you are sick, handicapped or otherwise infirm and unable to 'produce money' for someone you are considered not only an economic failure but a moral failure. Welcome to the free market.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Just as a reminder...Janet Napolitano, the former Homeland Security Secretary, said the returning vets were the biggest threat to our country. I wonder what she meant by that statement? She went on to be the president of UC Berkley...the home of the death of free speech and the first amendment.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Veterans only mean something when someone is trying to get elected.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AllKnowing

I find it amusing when folks such as yourself go on self-righteous diatribes about your moral indignation toward war because it hurts people. But you too are selective about who you really give a # about, aren't you?

Stop pretending you're better than anyone else.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I find it amusing when folks such as yourself go on self-righteous diatribes about your moral indignation toward war because it hurts people. But you too are selective about who you really give a # about, aren't you?

Stop pretending you're better than anyone else.

Why should a veteran be treated any better than anyone else receiving government benefits? Think about it logically, look at where the money is coming from, who that money supports. People are just people right? A war veteran is no better than anyone else, in fact a war veteran has better odds of killing another person, that is a crime right? I mean go to "hell" type of crime. Why are veterans placed on a pedestal of society when any idiot can subjugate themselves to the perverse indoctrination of criminal thought.

If some vigilante went into a pedophiles home and killed the person, he would be doing the state/nation a great deed and yet would end up in jail. If person joins the military out of high school and kills 3 innocent people overseas out of fear, he is a hero and receives a medal and 50k per year if his finger is blown off while they tried to defend themselves from a killing spree.

I have many friends that are veterans, I knew them before war and after war. They come back as psychopaths with drug habits, at least 50%-60% of them. Many of them never saw combat, and still they come back like that. It was the training and environment that caused it in most cases. Why would tax payers pay for such training only to get damaged goods back when they were never used? It's a broken system, the soldiers are broken down to a shell and reconfigured to do things that go against their ingrained morals and then their brains conflict with the thoughts for the rest of their lives. It is basically MKULTRA type of programming. There is no coming back from it without years of deprogramming. Tax payers pay for their service and once they are out, it should be the end of it. They have their own healthcare system that tax payers pay for, it may be #ty, but it is better than medicaid, same difference in the end, sucking on the teet of the country that pays for you.

Anyone that thinks they are doing the Nation a great service by going to the Middle East to fight "terrorists" might as well just stay in the country and vote against communism, maybe protect our borders first rather than go overseas and lose wars and get nothing out of it. Waste of money and resources.

If any military person can explain how fighting in Iraq/any -stan country protects the U.S, people's freedoms, I would love to hear it, because they don't, the military only fights for money and they are losing a boat load of money and then come back handicapped. It is a waste and the world knows it.

The military lies by saying they protect our "freedom." Our freedom is inherent, we are born with it, no one can take it away. And then look at the propaganda by the military, hundreds of millions spent every year on commercials and ceremonies in order to recruit new people to enlist instead of taking care of their own, I hope that paints a picture for ya. #ing Starship Troopers with no actual goal.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Veterans only mean something when someone is trying to get elected.

Why should a Veteran mean anything over any other person that picked a different avenue of career opportunity? Are Veterans better than every one else? What is your argument? Veterans served their country....That is an empty statement. Anyone that pays taxes serves their country.

And yes, I would rather pay military personel tax dollars to fix roads around my Midwest city rather than fight overseas for no reason. At least some good can be experienced by it and pay less repairing our cars.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I get it you hate service members and veterans.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllKnowing
#ing Starship Troopers with no actual goal.

Your candor is not surprising.

As a veteran, I will always stand up for your rights to vomit ignorant garbage.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

You are missing the point! Veterans are special because they served in inhuman conditions and with the distinct possibility of being killed. The people that you are criticizing are the elected officials who are in command of the armed forces. Be thankful that we still have patriots to go in your stead. Enjoy your arrogance because someone, in the military, has paid for it with their blood. It may have not today or yesterday but some soldier has put up his life for you!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join