It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supposedly Matt Damon moving to Australia because of Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Just a small rant,

Regardless of your current political stance, and please by all means I don't care which side you support, why do actors feel the need to constantly try to express and push their political agenda on us? In all seriousness, if someone you like, an actor, singer, scientist, or whatever, stated they were moving because of someone specific being in office, does it really change your mind?

As Bill Burr once stated, OMG DONT VOTE FOR TRUMP OR WE WILL LOSE CHER! Who gives a f*ck... seriously..

I am always astounded at the arrogance of famous people stating they're doing this or that because of someone being office.

Does anyone else think this is dumb? Also.. please be respectful of people in here, this isn't who did you vote for or who do you support but just a discussion on an ongoing issue I see everyday.

Let me know.. I'm bored and want to talk lol!

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SullivanBlack

Does anyone else think this is dumb? Also.. please be respectful of people in here, this isn't who did you vote for or who do you support but just a discussion on an ongoing issue I see everyday.

Well lucky for you,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This has already been posted and their are page of what people think.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SullivanBlack
Just a small rant,

Regardless of your current political stance, and please by all means I don't care which side you support, why do actors feel the need to constantly try to express and push their political agenda on us? In all seriousness, if someone you like, an actor, singer, scientist, or whatever, stated they were moving because of someone specific being in office, does it really change your mind?

As Bill Burr once stated, OMG DONT VOTE FOR TRUMP OR WE WILL LOSE CHER! Who gives a f*ck... seriously..

I am always astounded at the arrogance of famous people stating they're doing this or that because of someone being office.

Why did a reality tv show guy talk so much smack about the last president? And then get elected president? Folks loves them some entertainers - Remeber the bedtime for Bonzo movies?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a year plus in...ATS please

IT'''s the same news everywhere

i am betting it's more because some #metoo related and he wants a good image

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I wasn't aware of any of this until I saw it on ATS, MORE THAN ONCE!!!

Doesn't seem to me Matt Damon was pushing it on anyone. More like ATS forced it on me. And Matt has the same freedom of speech rights anyone has. He just has a bigger platform, much like Donald.
edit on 15-3-2018 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Good riddance. Sick and tired of immature entitled hollywierdos telling me how I should live my life.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I imagine some crazy legal # is coming down the pipeline for Hollywood, and he’s just getting out Before people realize what’s going on.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

There are melodramatic people on both sides of the spectrum.

At the end of the day, we usually don't feel to much repercussions from presidents. Usually local and state level will have more of an impact.

This is going to catch me some heat, but in all reality Hillary wouldn't be much different as far as impact we feel. I sure do hate her, but they all share many of the same common goals.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Is he gone yet. Funny its never ..I moved because..

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

For some unknown reason people who pretend , and make millions doing it for a living have elevated themselves ( with the help of idolatrating idiots) to the degree that they feel they are morally and politically superior.

I say .. let them move.. just not to Canada 😆.

Has Matt ever paused to consider that Trump may actually avert a war in the future? It’s the celebs who are going all nuclear and being war mongers. I’ve really come to lose so much respect for them.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
lol.
I think it probably has to do more with Weinstein than Trump as President.

But,

edit on 15-3-2018 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Just the standard liberal brain damage combined with a MASSIVELY overinflated sense of self-worth. Hopefully the door will hit him in the ass on the way out.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I dunno..

If he is one of the ones that threatened to do so all that while ago, and actually follows through.. more power to 'im!

I might think its idiotic, but he'd get Brownie points from me for actually doing it.

I can't really imagine a world where I actually care either way, but its all an interesting social dynamic. Have any of the folks who "threatened" to move actually moved? The scary part to me isn't so much the narcissism rampant in Hollywood, but the people who feed into it. Hero worship is a helluva thing.. when there are zero heroes to be seen.

I think woodcarver and 3days might have a point too..

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

actors/actress are always in a spot light. If they do something wrong, they ruin there reputation, if they do something good. There reputation is good. Basically, they have to behave in a way where they won't get back lash. Society holds famous people to a standard then what we infamous do.

If you were to punch a person in the face. Nobody would care other then the person got punched. But if a famous person punched a person. You bet that person will get a backlash of the media.

So, they put on a persona to make themselves look good.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Matt who ?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Mr. Damon will take a one-way ticket please. And give up his passport and citizenship for being a childish dumb@ss.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

When did he do that?
Oh right.

He didn't.
But but but
Liberals
edit on 3162018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SullivanBlackHe ain't left yet???

new topics

join