It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Jr.'s wife files for divorce

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
in legal proceedings, a wife can't be forced to testify against her husband, but can an ex-wife??

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: kurthall
Not sure, Jr has a lot of debt, from what has been reported. I am sure she will make out nicely though.

She probably wants it over in case he goes to prison.....

Or more likely just tired of being scared about powder in the mail..

Yeah, exposed to baby powder and they all had to go to the hospital, because they were having "symptoms" LOL...

I mean it's a terrible thing that person did.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Well according to some on the left side of things that participate on ATS that disqualifies you for holding office and proves you have low Morales. I in no way believes this but if they apply it to one they apply it to us all
edit on 3/15/2018 by DJMSN because: Correction

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

at least they had good health insurance, and their bill probably didn't amount to years of labor to pay?? have they figured out weather those packages that are being left at the doorsteps of people's houses waiting to explode upon opening are hate crimes or not? gee, I can't imagine just what is embolding white separatists to leave packages on the doorsteps of people who are connected to upstanding citizens of the black community.... haven't heard anything about the hispanic women to know weather or not she was associated with the influential minority communities or not.

if a white powder was sent to my house, I would end up having to just wait it out to see if it was harmful or not. our healthcare system is crap and I refuse to run up health care bills that I know I won't be able to pay anymore, screw that!! that's what hopes and prayers are for. but well, exploding packages, well at least the waiting and wondering is eliminated I guess.

my guess is that the white powder had little to do with the divorce filing. it would be more believable that the stress imposed by being involved in the russia investigation, with it's legal fees and such is a bit too much.
or, I don't know maybe they think that if they can get a divorce before the mess blows up, maybe some of that wealth can be safe if it's awarded to her in a divorce settlement first.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I can imagine this was the worst two years of their lives. No parent has five children in a marriage, expecting it to end in divorce.

I think it's sad.

But the left wants Trump blood. Looks like they got some.

Life and marriage are hard enough. How many of us could survive what that family has been made to endure?

The daily hate is one thing, but believing some nutcase might harm you or your children? Yeah, that would end it for most people.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
I can imagine this was the worst two years of their lives. No parent has five children in a marriage, expecting it to end in divorce.

I think it's sad.

Life and marriage are hard enough. How many of us could survive what that family has been made to endure?

The daily hate is one thing, but believing some nutcase might harm you or your children? Yeah, that would end it for most people.

I was in law enforcement in a small town and had folks I knew offer to kill my kids or burn my house down. Still married after 30 years. What about deployed men and women who make their marriages work, even though mom or dad may not come back? I guess some white powder is too much to cope with.
If you can stay married and be tested by life, I guess you are lucky. If your daddy bailed on every marrage, I guess that teaches the kids what to do when times get tough. We should all be so sorry for rich folks and their terrible 1% problems.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

No parent has five children in a marriage, expecting it to end in divorce.

really, you think??
boy, do I have a story for you. just remember... you said... NO PARENT!!
when I was growing up we would make yearly visits to my grandmother's house and I would play with the kids that lived next door. these were good people, fine upstanding middle class people. he was a lawyer and she was a stay at home mom. every sunday morning I would see them all dressed up piling in the car, bibles in hand heading for church. well, one of the times we were visiting, the mother was pregnant with what was her sixth child. well, when it came time for our next trip, my mom talked with me before we left home. she told me not to say anything to the kids about their dad not being home and explained to me what had happened. mom did indeed have her baby, a fine healthy little baby!! but soon afterwards, dad left and moved in with his sexitary... who come to find out he had been having an affair with all along. they were in the process of getting a divorce. my mom knew that I had ears that heard what the adults were talking about, and she was afraid that if I didn't know this by know, I probably would from the conversations I heard at my grandmothers. she thought it was better that I find out in a controlled way and knew not to say much to the kids about it, so she had this talk to me.

so yes, this is one parent, who knowing that he was heading for a divorce court, who had five kids and was working on creating a sixth....ended up in divorce court!!! she might have been taken by surprise maybe, but... it was his choosing, he knew danged well what path he was choosing to run on!

and, to be honest, I really doubt if they have been put through much more than the clintons have or the obamas... death threats seem to come with the job as well as the media blitz tearing them down.
edit on 15-3-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
way to encourage family values and keeping biological families together trumps
maga we all know there used to be a ton of divorces and broken homes back in the day when america was great!!

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DogStarIn1066

I think it's sad.

I was in law enforcement in a small town and had folks I knew offer to kill my kids or burn my house down. Still married after 30 years. What about deployed men and women who make their marriages work, even though mom or dad may not come back? I guess some white powder is too much to cope with.
If you can stay married and be tested by life, I guess you are lucky. If your daddy bailed on every marrage, I guess that teaches the kids what to do when times get tough. We should all be so sorry for rich folks and their terrible 1% problems.

You had people offer to kill your kids? That's messed up.

And it appears she is the one bailing as she filed for the divorce. It isn't always the dad that bails.

Divorce isn't a rich people problem. I'd say they are more likely to just stay together and have an open marriage than get divorced. In their case ( the 1% ) it would be a lot cheaper to do so and much more beneficial for both parties as they don't have to go through the public shame with their friends...they want to keep their appearances up for as long as they can. Just look at Matt Lauer.....only reason she left him now was his scandal became public.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This is a WIN for TEAM I-HATE-EVERYONE-WHO-DOESN'T-THINK-LIKE-ME!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There will be dancing in the streets! Joy Behar will probably cry from being over-joyed!

I see many happy leftists because Trump jr. is getting divorced!

Champaign bottles will be popped tonight!

*WOOT*

CNN and MSNBC will probably be running day-long specials!

Congrats ATS!

Dance the night away you leftists!

YAY!

Someone is getting a divorce!

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DogStarIn1066

Laughable you think your experience matches the level of hate and risk they endure. You could have moved and problem solved.

I too have been with my wife for more than 30 years, and even I wonder if we could have done it under these circumstances. In fact, I'd probably even encourage a divorce if I thought it would take the heat off my family.

Something I've not seen anyone mention is the possibility that they may very well have decided divorce was the safest move for her and the children. But I doubt you could believe that possibility since it's clear you're not a fan of people with means or the President. To you, you only see people worthy of scorn and judgement.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

a reply to: DogStarIn1066

Laughable you think your experience matches the level of hate and risk they endure. You could have moved and problem solved.

I too have been with my wife for more than 30 years, and even I wonder if we could have done it under these circumstances. In fact, I'd probably even encourage a divorce if I thought it would take the heat off my family.

Something I've not seen anyone mention is the possibility that they may very well have decided divorce was the safest move for her and the children. But I doubt you could believe that possibility since it's clear you're not a fan of people with means or the President. To you, you only see people worthy of scorn and judgement.

Wow. So much here to consider.

Just move? I was in eastern Montana and the next town over was 83 miles.

Next - how/why do you think that they are divorcing for the well being of safety of the kids? Link?

Clear that I am not a fan of people of means? Boy howdy, I am a person of means at this point in my life, own a consulting firm and get regular oil royalties for a lease on my property. I work 6 days a week and make mid-6 figures.

Not a fan of Trump, for many reasons. One of which is that on a personal level he is worthy of scorn. He is a pig to women, and I know this from his own words and actions. Some folks can overlook his failings as a human and vote for him. I could not.

Before you start on the Clinton whataboutism, I never voted for any Clinton. I am a moderate, and have voted my beliefs, not a party since 1980.

Enjoy your assumptions, your deflections, and your responsibility for defending a corrupt president rather then acting like a good American and questioning the actions of your government.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Vasa Croe

She probably doesn't enjoy the political spotlight.

I wouldn't either.

Yep...I'd hate to be suddenly thrust into that as well....having everyone around trying to pick apart everything you do constantly....doesn't sound fun at all. Very stressful.

And we wonder why we can't get good people to run for president... what good people do you know who would put up with that?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

LMAO! Nope, happily married and 100% committed to my amazing wife for over 15 years now. Try another angle.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I think the blame for this situation is totally on the haters who have made their lives miserable. These haters never let up on their malevolent abuse of the first family, to the point they emboldened a psycho to send white powder to frighten Mrs. Trump.

Only the very strong can stand up to that kind of treatment. Apparently Vanessa had enough and does not have the will or strength to go through it.

Congratulations haters. One more down. You broke up a family.

Yep let's blame everyone else for what happened to this couple, it's not their fault it's everyone else's fault....

Why have personal responsibility when everyone else can be blamed for what goes wrong in your life,....

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

So much hate! So many accusations based on hate! This country has gone insane.

Why do you make assumptions that she would have anything damaging on him to keep quiet? You are making accusations that there something damaging exists without facts. That kind of accusation is based on hate.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Think about what the family goes through. Reports are that Vanessa was always a private person.

All of a sudden every move is being watched and criticized. Your family is maligned for no valid reason, just because some people have decided they should be targets of hate.

You have Secret Service hovering every minute of every day and night. That is probably why they requested to not have Secret Service for a while. Your family is getting daily death threats. Then someone sends white powder as a threat. If that had been real, she and her children could be dead. So, you have no choice but to have Secret Service hovering. Imagine living with that level of fear every day?

If people in this country were sane and compassionate, they would leave the first family alone. There is no reason to hate them on the level that people do. It is not an exaggeration to call it insanity.

Again I say, only the strongest could survive that.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
She should just die and get it over with.

That will show him and everyone.

Sounds like a win for the left. Let's see what Melania wear's to the funeral and trash her no matter if she looks like a victoria secrets model or the queen mother.

No prob, what goes around comes around.

By the time dems run the place, I'll be long gone or I'll have a governorship by way of china.

For LIFE!!! LIFE!!!

And I will look all you guys up.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
So the OP is a straight news item, and of moderate interest to those watching America's new royalty. But even though I think Donny Jr. comes across as a pampered goof, there's no call to politicize or take pleasure in the breakdown of his marriage.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Personally, I think she's just fed up with the stress of situation. Whether Don Jr. is guilty of anything or not, the pressure must be intense. i could imagine anyone wanting to get away at some point.

(Damnit dawnstar, you beat me to it. That'll teach me to read the whole thread first. lol)
I'm going to ask a "pot-stirring" question here. I'm sure the answer is all over the internet and I'm going to look it up for my own curiosity. But, does divorce nullify spousal privilege? Is there a slight chance she wants out so she isn't pressured to not testify?

On a side note, at my bachelor party I was given a anecdotal quote that made me chuckle that I'm leaving here for levity.
"Why are divorces so expensive?"
"Because they're worth it!"
edit on 16-3-2018 by Eshel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join