It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Scanning Light Outside My Window

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Maybe ask local law enforcement if they happened to be searching for someone with a helicopter. Your experience sounds a lot like a police chopper conducting a search possibly with a spotlight and likely FLIR.

The only thing is I didn't hear a chopper. But that definitely doesn't mean that there wasn't one.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is FLIR?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
So I'm in bed now and about to shiz myself hoping there are no weird lights tonight lol. My hubs is already asleep because he's not afraid of anything. Lucky guy.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CBowDO

Maybe ask local law enforcement if they happened to be searching for someone with a helicopter. Your experience sounds a lot like a police chopper conducting a search possibly with a spotlight and likely FLIR.

The only thing is I didn't hear a chopper. But that definitely doesn't mean that there wasn't one.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is FLIR?

FLIR is a thermal imaging camera used on aircraft for searches a lot.

Likely wouldn't hear the chopper in many instances....just depends on how high and where it actually was....there are a lot of circumstances that would allow the sound to be unnoticed or silent really.

You could search the news for whatever to see if there was a search of some sort going on that night as well.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CBowDO

I couldn't really think of a good reason for feeling that way either. Hard to tell the source of the light, but the only open space was the neighbors through the trees to my left maybe 10m away (not visible from where I am due to forest/trees). I had the feeling it was coming from somewhere in that direction as there was no other logical place for it to come from, but it didn't really make sense how they could shine a light through the forest and light up all the trees in front of me so absolutely, and the shadows were not obviously from the left, as if the light source was elevated. Together with the silent flashing light above.. It's super bizarre... But If I told you all the other # I saw surrounding that time you prob wont sleep at night...

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

FLIR is a thermal imaging camera used on aircraft for searches a lot.

Likely wouldn't hear the chopper in many instances....just depends on how high and where it actually was....there are a lot of circumstances that would allow the sound to be unnoticed or silent really.

You could search the news for whatever to see if there was a search of some sort going on that night as well.

So no news reports of an escaped convict loose in my hood (although that has happened in the past). And the neighbors I've messaged haven't seen anything either. Buuuut, after googling FLIR for 5 mins, I think I'm just going to write this off as maybe a helicopter drill involving FLIR or something similar. There is military air traffic occasionally in my area after all.

I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts! It's going to help me sleep tonight

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: WorShip

I couldn't really think of a good reason for feeling that way either. Hard to tell the source of the light, but the only open space was the neighbors through the trees to my left maybe 10m away (not visible from where I am due to forest/trees). I had the feeling it was coming from somewhere in that direction as there was no other logical place for it to come from, but it didn't really make sense how they could shine a light through the forest and light up all the trees in front of me so absolutely, and the shadows were not obviously from the left, as if the light source was elevated. Together with the silent flashing light above.. It's super bizarre... But If I told you all the other # I saw surrounding that time you prob wont sleep at night...

Wow... that sounds terrifying! And I feel awful for you having to experience that And everything else you alluded to. Are you still having these experiences? When did they start? Have you always experienced weird things like this?

I have a friend that is practically a magnet for unexplained stuff. It makes you wonder why some people are prone and others are not so much.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Dont worry I'm fine! I've kind of gotten use to it, you start becoming addicted to interacting with these anomalous things eventually, due to burning curiosity. It started about 10 years ago when I saw a large orange orb do a right-angle turn and instantaneous super-acceleration and disappear into the background of space. I got ptsd from that to the effect that I constantly survey the sky etc, and have consistently seen things since then. In the last 3 years I moved out to an isolated coastal forest area and the experiences escalated and were closer then the others(including the event I just described to you regarding the "floodlight". So yeah still experiencing these things. Tends to come in waves. Actually I caught one on my super terrible phone camera 3 months ago, of a stationary light that suddenly takes off at some crazy speed.. Some other stuff happened too but I don't really wanna talk about it publicly...

Coincidentally I have a "dream" memory of 3 "greys" and a saucer-shaped vehicle in my room when I was about 4 years old, but I never took it seriously until the lights started appearing. It feels silly to talk about though since it's pretty far-removed from everyday reality for the majority of people. I've posted about these experiences on this forum before though in more detail. Some of the more extreme sightings have been with other people so.. Not just crazy :p

p.s. sweet dreams...

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

So I'm in bed now and about to shiz myself hoping there are no weird lights tonight lol. My hubs is already asleep because he's not afraid of anything. Lucky guy.

Probably those two people who visited your house weren't human...or humans from the future. Too bad you didn't find out what they had to say. Maybe something was lost in your area eons ago, and they think that your house was built at those coordinates.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Hello.

I was going to suggest all manner of things that it might, or might not, be, but then I realize I didn't quite understand what the light was like.

Was it a "bar" of light, like a stripe, that crept slowly across your yard, almost like a scanner? Added by a general diffuse sort of light that lit up the yard?

If there is construction work nearby they might have extremely high power lights on some of the equipment, like diggers have for instance. Sometimes I have seen that light, if powerful enough, can reflect (as light will do) from very smooth surfaces. If the angle is right, you will for instance get a "bar" of light from windows. And if the light source is moving a little, the angle will change and the light will move across the ground (or wall, depending on angle).

You can see this in windows, for instance, when you open them and sun is hitting at a certain angle, it can create a bar of light.

If you really want to test this out, you can find yourself a mirror and play around with it until you get a bar of light reflected from it. Then maybe you can even work out where the light might have been reflected from.

So. not saying that is what it is, but worth a shot perhaps if you are curious.

I'm going to relate something that happened to my grandfather at the end here, because it demonstrates how looking into these kind of things sometimes can dispel the mystery.

There is a certain house where I grew up that is quite a bit older than most houses, and it is a pretty small one that is lying a little by itself. Now, some years before this happened, a man that lived there had died (this was possibly a suicide but I'm not certain), and not long after rumors started to float around that people were seeing lights in the house. Which made no sense, because nobody lived there anymore. Quite a few people had seen, when passing by, that the kitchen lamp seem to be on inside the kitchen window. (This would be an oil or gas lamp at this time, because the house had no electricity). Naturally some people were freaking out, and there was much talk about haunting and so forth.

My grandfather happened to pass by the house one evening, on his way home from visiting his brother, and as he passed the house, he suddenly noticed that the kitchen lamp indeed seemed to be on. Although a little unsettled by this he walked across the field to see what was going on, and the closer he got the stranger it got. The lamp seemed even to be moving. He went almost up to the window, and as he was getting close to the house, the light suddenly went out.

Instead of running away, however, he stopped and backtracked, and suddenly the light came back on.

What he discovered was that a very large mill, which was some distance away, had gotten some new floodlights to help with loading and unloading of grain. And at a certain angle from the road, all the way across the field, this floodlight was reflected in the window through a gap in the treeline, in a manner that looked exactly like an oil lamp on the kitchen table. If you went past the light would be obscured by the trees, and the light would seem to go out.

So, although I'm not saying that your light is mundane like this, it might be worth ruling out before you invest in tinfoil.

Just my two drakhmas.

Cheers,
BT

edit on 16-3-2018 by beetee because: Spelling and clarification

edit on 16-3-2018 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
I've seen the "predator" (movie) style laser pointer as it scanned up a street, without a real origin point I could find or rationalize. The 3 little red dots in a triangle, coming from *somewhere*.

A week or so later, we had a CE3 that knocked my socks off. I hate to say it, but prepare to have the paranormal come up and smack you in the back of the head.

OMG WHAT?? Also, pardon my ignorance, but what is a CE3?

Close encounter of the 3rd kind- ET pops up his head out of his craft.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Since you stated you live in an area under construction, could it be something like this? Maybe not exactly this, but similar technology. Someone couldn't sleep and decided to do some late night measurings to save some time in the morning, or something like that? Wouldn't explain why it was apparently measuring your house, though.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I don't know what to make of your experience, but I believe you and I find the experience absolutely terrifying because I've had nightmares in which the same thing happened. Seems that they were UFO related nightmares. I have them sometimes and the scanning ones are the scariest. I don't claim to be an abductee or anything. I've just always had vivid dreams. I can't even imagine this happening in real life. Wow, I'd probably have a heart attack!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Having experienced a similar experience it turned out to be a red lighthouse type ufo orb with a scanning beam facility. Not suggesting this is what happened to you but these things do exist and can't be discounted given your description of the event. If it is a ufo orb out there it is probably still in the vicinity, get yourself a torch and aim it north north west and give thee flashes each one second apart. You might make contact again with it

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Those two showed up at my house yrs ago. They told me their names were katrina and rita then a couple weeks later they came again like the wind.

true story

so yes i believe what you say is possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join