It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Scanning Light Outside My Window

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
So I haven't really posted on ATS, but something happened last night that I can't explain and I don't know where else to turn. Hopefully someone here has experienced something similar and can give insight as to what it actually was that I experienced.

So here goes: Last night around 1:20 am, I was laying in bed with the lights off looking at Instagram on my phone. My husband was sound asleep. Although the blinds in our room were closed, a light shining through a crack in the blinds caught my attention. I wrote it off as just a street lamp showing through a crack in my blinds, until that light suddenly turned off and reappeared at another crack in my blinds at the same horizontal level. A few seconds later, it turned off and reappeared yet again, this time at yet another crack at the same horizontal level of my blinds.

At this point I was kind of puzzled but thought "whatever". Then maybe 30 seconds later a bright light moved across my window that resembled a car's headlights driving by. Now, you must understand that I live in a new residential neighborhood that is currently under construction. There is a road about 100 yards behind my house that gets a lot of construction traffic during the day, but not late at night! So at this point I was concerned that perhaps a shady individual was driving around the construction sites looking for equipment to steal. Being curious, i got out of bed and walked over to my blinds and peeked out between two of my blinds to see what was going on.

This is where is gets weird. Maybe 5 seconds after I open the blinds, I'm still looking around to see if the car drives by again when I suddenly realize that my backyard is sort of lit up -- not so bright that it looks like daylight, but bright enough that i can see the hue of the grass in my yard and my son's play equipment. It looked sort of like I had my backyard flood lights on, but i didnt! Before I can think anything else, a straight, thin bluish-white light literally SCANS across my backyard!! It looked like someone took a huge barcode scanner and aimed it across my backyard! The edge of the light even hit my window.

Now, I couldn't see the source of the light, so I'm assuming the source of the light was somewhat above me. The light moved about 15 feet per second, so I only saw the scanning light for about 2 seconds total. It moved from one side of my yard to the other and tapered off as it approached my next door neighbor's backyard privacy fence. I heard no sound whatsoever.

I am not a person that weird things like this happens to. Ive really never experienced anything like this before. Basically, I'm wanting to know what happened last night. What did I see? Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

One more thing: yesterday afternoon , before all this happened, two people came to my house unannounced for the first time. These two people are associated with a religion that I believe has Satanic roots but disguises itself as Christian. Could this light be related to these two individuals?
edit on 15-3-2018 by CBowDO because: Eliminated a redundant sentence and corrected misspellings.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Could have been something to do with the companies providing cable or internet service having someone looking for problems in the lines. That happens occasionally. Seems that people can't wait for morning anymore, they expect their internet restored right away.

Could also be the cops riding by looking for someone, possibly someone called in someone around their house. Could be anything. Could be a couple of drunk teens with a flashlight walking around. Who knows. I wouldn't worry about it, curiosity kills cats not people.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Possible alien ship? Bluebeam? Get velostat.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That's the thing, it wasn't a car. I can see the road from my window, and there was no car. The projection of this light was focused and concentrated in a straight line a couple of inches wide. I don't mean to sound paranoid, but it was just not right. I've never really experienced anything paranormal in my life, and I tend to ignore things that I can't explain. But this was literally looked like a fluorescent bar code scanner going across my lawn LOL.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CBowDO
a reply to: rickymouse

That's the thing, it wasn't a car. I can see the road from my window, and there was no car. The projection of this light was focused and concentrated in a straight line a couple of inches wide. I don't mean to sound paranoid, but it was just not right. I've never really experienced anything paranormal in my life, and I tend to ignore things that I can't explain. But this was literally looked like a fluorescent bar code scanner going across my lawn LOL.

Sounds like a very strong lasar pointer coming from somewhere. It may have been being shot sideways and hit the yard like that. It would make a long stripe like that, with shadows in between at points where the grass was lower.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside

Lol alien ship, hopefully not. But what's velostat?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Velostat is a packaging material made of a polymeric foil (polyolefines) impregnated with carbon black to make it electrically conductive. It is used for the protection of items or devices that are susceptible to damage from electrostatic discharge.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside

Lol alien ship, hopefully not. But what's velostat?
velostat is said when worn on the head to block alien abductions

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CBowDO

Do you think it could have possibly been a drone? My cousin bought a house in SC, and she always jokes about this drone that is constantly showing up in her backyard.

Never answer the door if you don’t know who is there.

I’m curious where do you live? SE, NW ..... you don’t have to be exact.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

How did you feel that day, or when you woke up? I've only have something similar once (surrounding a number of UFO sightings). I was feeling nauseous all day, and had to stay in bed sleeping the whole time with a couple of periods of waking up. Later that night, I woke up around 1:00am needing to use the toilet, still feeling very nauseous and groggy. However after my toilet stop I looked out my deck door and saw the whole forest was lit up as if by some high powered floodlight (I lived in the middle of the bush with few neighbours). My first attempt to explain it was.. "My neighbours are shining a super high-powered floodlight towards me in the middle of the night?". That didn't make sense, I looked up and saw through the shelter of the deck there was a close periodically flashing white light(maybe 50m? no sound of helicopter, and stationary... To be honest it was all a bit too much and I was too scared to go outside and find out what it was, in conjunction with still feeling highly nauseous.. I went back to bed instead.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Maybe some sort of satellite imaging technology we are unfamiliar with?
A little off topic...not too long ago I was hanging around outside having a smoke.
I red laser dot landed on my chest.
I instinctively hit the dirt and rolled to a covered position.
It turned out to be a tot with a laser pointer.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I've seen the "predator" (movie) style laser pointer as it scanned up a street, without a real origin point I could find or rationalize. The 3 little red dots in a triangle, coming from *somewhere*.

A week or so later, we had a CE3 that knocked my socks off. I hate to say it, but prepare to have the paranormal come up and smack you in the back of the head.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Thin blue light scanning across yard sounds like ET.

Or a high powered LED flashlight being tested in the neighbors back yard, with the spill coming through the crack in the privacy fence, and moving as the light moves around the yard.

I have some pretty insane flashlights that people will think the mother-ship is landing from a mile away when fired off.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

LMAO I NEED THAT

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

Do you think it could have possibly been a drone? My cousin bought a house in SC, and she always jokes about this drone that is constantly showing up in her backyard.

Never answer the door if you don’t know who is there.

I’m curious where do you live? SE, NW ..... you don’t have to be exact.

Ok a drone would b le a very interesting and super not scary possibility. (I'm a little relieved now at the propsect of this idea, can you tell? Lol). I do live in the Southeast; however, I'm not nearly as far East as SC.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: WorShip

How did you feel that day, or when you woke up? I've only have something similar once (surrounding a number of UFO sightings). I was feeling nauseous all day, and had to stay in bed sleeping the whole time with a couple of periods of waking up. Later that night, I woke up around 1:00am needing to use the toilet, still feeling very nauseous and groggy. However after my toilet stop I looked out my deck door and saw the whole forest was lit up as if by some high powered floodlight (I lived in the middle of the bush with few neighbours). My first attempt to explain it was.. "My neighbours are shining a super high-powered floodlight towards me in the middle of the night?". That didn't make sense, I looked up and saw through the shelter of the deck there was a close periodically flashing white light(maybe 50m? no sound of helicopter, and stationary... To be honest it was all a bit too much and I was too scared to go outside and find out what it was, in conjunction with still feeling highly nauseous.. I went back to bed instead.

Omg that is so scary!! Honestly, I did feel really lethargic in the day before this occurred. I wrote that off as being a symptom of my period though (sorry if tmi)
could you estimate the source of the light (from the sky, behind the trees, etc?)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Maybe some sort of satellite imaging technology we are unfamiliar with?
A little off topic...not too long ago I was hanging around outside having a smoke.
I red laser dot landed on my chest.
I instinctively hit the dirt and rolled to a covered position.
It turned out to be a tot with a laser pointer.

Satellite imaging is an interesting idea. I know government air traffic is common in my area, so who knows! I would take government satellite imaging over aliens any day lol.

Also, LMAO @ the tot

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
I've seen the "predator" (movie) style laser pointer as it scanned up a street, without a real origin point I could find or rationalize. The 3 little red dots in a triangle, coming from *somewhere*.

A week or so later, we had a CE3 that knocked my socks off. I hate to say it, but prepare to have the paranormal come up and smack you in the back of the head.

OMG WHAT?? Also, pardon my ignorance, but what is a CE3?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Thin blue light scanning across yard sounds like ET.

Or a high powered LED flashlight being tested in the neighbors back yard, with the spill coming through the crack in the privacy fence, and moving as the light moves around the yard.

I have some pretty insane flashlights that people will think the mother-ship is landing from a mile away when fired off.

Haha! I need one of those. See the thing is that both my neighbors on either side of me have privacy fences. I, however, do not. I'm like the only house in the neighborhood without a privacy fence
but anyways, the light was parallel with both of their fences that run along either side of my yard. So I'm pretty sure it couldn't have been coming from their yards? Idk, I'm about to go to bed and # myself hoping this d oesnt happen again tonight lol.
edit on 15-3-2018 by CBowDO because: Changed "with" to "without"...typo!

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

So I haven't really posted on ATS, but something happened last night that I can't explain and I don't know where else to turn. Hopefully someone here has experienced something similar and can give insight as to what it actually was that I experienced.

So here goes: Last night around 1:20 am, I was laying in bed with the lights off looking at Instagram on my phone. My husband was sound asleep. Although the blinds in our room were closed, a light shining through a crack in the blinds caught my attention. I wrote it off as just a street lamp showing through a crack in my blinds, until that light suddenly turned off and reappeared at another crack in my blinds at the same horizontal level. A few seconds later, it turned off and reappeared yet again, this time at yet another crack at the same horizontal level of my blinds.

At this point I was kind of puzzled but thought "whatever". Then maybe 30 seconds later a bright light moved across my window that resembled a car's headlights driving by. Now, you must understand that I live in a new residential neighborhood that is currently under construction. There is a road about 100 yards behind my house that gets a lot of construction traffic during the day, but not late at night! So at this point I was concerned that perhaps a shady individual was driving around the construction sites looking for equipment to steal. Being curious, i got out of bed and walked over to my blinds and peeked out between two of my blinds to see what was going on.

This is where is gets weird. Maybe 5 seconds after I open the blinds, I'm still looking around to see if the car drives by again when I suddenly realize that my backyard is sort of lit up -- not so bright that it looks like daylight, but bright enough that i can see the hue of the grass in my yard and my son's play equipment. It looked sort of like I had my backyard flood lights on, but i didnt! Before I can think anything else, a straight, thin bluish-white light literally SCANS across my backyard!! It looked like someone took a huge barcode scanner and aimed it across my backyard! The edge of the light even hit my window.

Now, I couldn't see the source of the light, so I'm assuming the source of the light was somewhat above me. The light moved about 15 feet per second, so I only saw the scanning light for about 2 seconds total. It moved from one side of my yard to the other and tapered off as it approached my next door neighbor's backyard privacy fence. I heard no sound whatsoever.

I am not a person that weird things like this happens to. Ive really never experienced anything like this before. Basically, I'm wanting to know what happened last night. What did I see? Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

One more thing: yesterday afternoon , before all this happened, two people came to my house unannounced for the first time. These two people are associated with a religion that I believe has Satanic roots but disguises itself as Christian. Could this light be related to these two individuals?

Maybe ask local law enforcement if they happened to be searching for someone with a helicopter. Your experience sounds a lot like a police chopper conducting a search possibly with a spotlight and likely FLIR.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join