It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Damon Takes his Toys and Goes Down Under Because of Trump

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

If Crocodile Dundee says it, it must be true

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

island

hahahahaha - ever hear of continents?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: MysticPearl

island

hahahahaha - ever hear of continents?

Whatever. Ya'll are just a really big island.

I think it used to be owned by Dr. Moreau. He left some nice critters behind, like platypus, to remember him by.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Good for him. Australia is a great place to live. I hope he and his family are happy there.

why? who cares? he could buy you and sell you 5 times. he doesnt care about peasants like me and you. he is leaving us behind to suffer.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
not much I can say other than...

Don't know you, don't care.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yup.

Other than that, don't care. Though, I know I'm supposed to.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Yup.

Pretty much. Mine did, anyway.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Don't lie, you care...

Deep down I bet you wish it was you who was over here kicking it up with the Aussies... Living the good life... Just drinking lots of Aussie beer, well trying to dodge all those venomous creatures we got crawling around everywhere.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Didn't say I don't like y'all, or where you live. Quite the opposite, in fact. One day, sir, one day I'm going to make a long vacation there.

I don't care that Mat Damon is moving there.

No offense, but aussie beer is somewhat over rated. ((ducking and running for cover))

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

why live anywhere other than queensland. its stunning, the people are good, and it can top lots of places around the globe.

cairns area has two world heritage sites. one of the most biodiverse rainforests anywhere and longitudaly most of queensland is situated in the same as tahiti, bora bora, cook islands, fiji. Hawaii on the opposite end. cuba. Puerto rico. yucatan. it's paradise. take the road from Caboolture inland towards nanango 50 miles and it looks like something from Lord of the rings.

Brisbane is one of the most beautiful fully cosmopolitan cities you could hope to visit. just take a walk from Roma station to the local botanical gardens.

hell even dominos, kfc and mcdonalds crap on anything fast food wise youll find in America (minus in n out- they're exempt )

in the summer when it rains it may be fierce but stand outside in those warm rains and realize that water showering you came from fiji or vanuatu. sure beats the acid rain or whatever youll get from the states.

hell i might just post some pics in this thread of the majesty that is proper queensland.
edit on 16-3-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

to be fair Aussie beer is weak as. and waaaaaay to overpriced. all alcohol prices in oz are damn near abusive. thanks you derro bogans. bloody housos

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Whatever. Ya'll are just a really big island.

It's true. A real continent has at least one large river that cuts most of the way through it.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Deep down I bet you wish it was you who was over here kicking it up with the Aussies... Living the good life... Just drinking lots of Aussie beer, well trying to dodge all those venomous creatures we got crawling around everywhere.

And now we also have to avoid Matt Damon!

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

all alcohol prices in oz are damn near abusive. thanks you derro bogans. bloody housos

Seriously... That's the main reason I dream about migrating to the US... It'd be like an alcoholics paradise over their.

I think us "derro bogans housos" would fit right in... I even heard a rumour you can buy beer at your petrol stations.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

yep you can. servos sell beer. today i saw a 12 back of 8 percent beer for 6.99. (9.00ish aud)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

You mean one of these people is finally putting their money where their mouth is?

Maybe we can encourage all the others who swore they would move to follow Damon's great example.
edit on 16-3-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

yep you can. servos sell beer. today i saw a 12 back of 8 percent beer for 6.99. (9.00ish aud)

Oh see, now your just bragging.

That same 12 pack of 8% beer would cost at least $90 over here... and that's only If it was on sale.

What do I have to do to get myself one of those green cards?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

nah brah. I'd much rather forgo the beer and live in Australia any day. what's wrong with good old cordial.

aussies like to complain about Australia but have no idea how much better they have it than americans. like A LOT better.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Not complaining about Australia just Queensland..

The problem with Queensland is the weather, it's frigging hot, the storms can be damaging, homes in places like Harvey bay have lots value because of the damage caused by cyclones, and insurance is an issue. Anywhere north of cairns and you have damn crocks to worry about as well box jellyfish in the ocean, oh and taipans...

Brisbane is a nice city but a little boring, it doesn't have the infrastructure that say Sydney has, it is a pretty city I guess, the river is great. I live an hour or so away from Brisbane.

On a more serious note, Most of Australias rednecks live in Queensland and they drink xxxx beer which is awful, they are responsible for the spreading of cane toads
also their stupid state of origin team I'd too damn good .

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

That sucks.

Beer should be cheap and plentiful.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join