It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Damon Takes his Toys and Goes Down Under Because of Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Nothing shows your commitment to country than moving away.
What an inspiration!
Patriots, here is our fearless leader.

People can't move away.
Why do people feel the need to talk #?
All the good riddance crap.

Didn't know a person had to live in the states forever

You don't - that's what freedom means.
Moving to another country because you don't like your own government ?
That means: A) He can't be bothered to try to change it or
B) He doesn't care what becomes of his country.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
I just have to pause and laugh...Australia and safe...does he not know just how many things can kill you there that are much more common than gun deaths or crime...

I know right, imagine how much safer it would be here if everyone carried guns everywhere...

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I get why folks gloat....but still don't get why anyone would wish the dude ill will. He's doing what makes him happy.

I suspect that most Americans here would accept an opportunity to move to Australia. Its a great country with fantastic beaches.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I know right, imagine how much safer it would be here if everyone carried guns everywhere...

spiders would not stand a chance

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
So I had to ask myself: How has Donald Trump impacted my life since becoming president?

There is only one thing that I can think of: More money in our paycheck due to the Tax break.

Absolutely NOTHING else has impacted my life with him being president.

At least on the home front.

I have been impacted online, by the constant whining I see from the Left about him being president. Becomes quite tiring and annoying. The battles between Left and Right, especially here on ATS is quite caustic. Watching long term members loose their minds on here.....quite sad.

That's about it. So the only thing that has impacted me with Trump as POTUS is a bigger paycheck.

Not really seeing a reason to leave the good ol' U S of A.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well, at least he isnt all talk.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Well the feds etc are rounding up more pedophiles, I keep hearing people say...

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well the feds etc are rounding up more pedophiles, I keep hearing people say...

Care to explain what that has to do with me?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
From what I've seen from this thread, the conservative mindset isn't about allowing individuals make up their own mind where they live or freedom to speak under the 1st amendment. It's about jealously of those more fortunate
and censorship of anyone that isn't part of the right wing cabal.

It's about control and hate, not freedom that our founding fathers fought and died for.

Is it any wonder that Matt Damon doesn't want his children to experience this and grow up in a toxic cultural atmosphere? I'm glad I don't have kids!!

edit on 15-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Not you, but peoples lives are being "affected by" Trump, and while in your example it wouldnt make much sense for him... but in the example of some others...

Or maybe he'd been wanting to move there, since he was a kid even, and finally got around to it and decided what better timing he could also snatch it as an SJW Badge of Honor as well.

edit on 15-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
crap is he trying to move to Byron bay. the good people near Brisbane haven't done anything to be inflicted by some Hollyweird person living near them.

soon he'll be marching around telling aussies they can't put beet on their burgers and that kanga bangers or roo meat is bad even though it's delicious.
edit on 15-3-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

That's kinda lame, the Aussie crew I hung with, I recommended all kinds of cool places to hang in the US.

But I get your point, tourist trap areas suck, I live in Florida, I feel your pain.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I think someone else said it earlier, but if it were you (me) or anyone here, just regular folks, moving to Australia because they felt safer there, it'd be a collective. . . "Meh. Put a shrimp on the Barbie doll."

But because the person doing it is an actor, we should all give a damn?

Matt Damon? You are a dancing monkey that I enjoy watching. Keep making good movies and dance, little monkey, dance.

Don't care where you live.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
A) He can't be bothered to try to change it or
B) He doesn't care what becomes of his country.

Isn't that why most of us in the west are here? our ancestors basically gave the finger to their native land and left

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Matt Damon? You are a dancing monkey that I enjoy watching. Keep making good movies and dance, little monkey, dance.

Agreed. I never care about hollywoods elites decisions and desires. They do their job...usually well..and thats all I care about. So unless he is moving next door or wants me to come hang out with him now and then and become my friend...his personal life is of no concern to me.

Same with Tina Fey, Wil Wheaton, Ted Nugent, Michael Jordan, etc.

I do wonder who gets custody rights of Ben Afflick now though

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Now he can advocate for public schools AND send his kids to them.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

I do wonder who gets custody rights of Ben Afflick now though

I just saw "Justice League" the other night.

Ben is all yours.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

"Matt's been telling friends and colleagues in Hollywood that he's moving the family to Australia," a source told the outlet, adding that the the move is because of his fundamental disagreement with President Trump's policies. "Matt's saying the move will not impact his work -- as he will travel to wherever his projects are shooting," the source explained. "He's also telling friends he wants to have a safe place to raise his kids."

Matt Damon moving to Australia because of Trump

Alright....one down, a few hundred to go

Your move Barbra Streisand, Chelsea Handler, Rosi O’Donnell, Whoopi, John Stewart and about a gazillion other crying babies..

What happened to California seceding??
I signed a petition for Texas to vote yes on letting them go...
My mind can already see the Californian army...

-Chris

[SNIPPED] I will take 300 days of beautiful weather mountains beaches and the second most visited city in this ENTIRE NATION, with New York being first. New York city hates Trump as much as we do....You can have your small town 1950 butt backward Existence, with your Trump like attitude.. He won't be around much longer.

He couldn't get PAs Republican nominee in office, even though Trump won that state by 20 points. It should have been an easy win, if people were still supporting Trump there. He even gave the nominee rallies and his full endorsement. People are done with trump wake up.

[SNIPPED]

edit on Fri Mar 16 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

did none of that crew have a typical aussie sense of humor to rub off on you? No pain, i love tourists. Everyone is welcome even Annee.

Except the poster above ^^^ snowflakes tend not to last long in our climate.
edit on 15-3-2018 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Lamb got the votes in PA because he was pro-life, anti-abortion, pro-lowering taxes, anti-Pelosi, pro-2nd Amendment.

Hell, I would have voted for him!

All Trump has done is lowered taxes and pissed off the leftists.

2 wins in my book.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join