It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Accuses Russia of Ongoing Operations to Hack Energy Grid

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
So, now they are trying to get into our energy grid. How much more is trump going to let the Russians get away with, before he speaks up? If he does not address this, the Russians must have something on him.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Trump administration accused Russia on Thursday of a concerted, ongoing operation to hack and spy on the U.S. energy grid and other critical infrastructure, and separately imposed sanctions on Russian officials for alleged high-tech interference in the 2016 American presidential election.

The Treasury Department said the GRU and Russia's military both interfered in the 2016 election and were "directly responsible" for the NotPetya cyberattack that hit businesses across Europe in June 2017.

The new sanctions the alt right are dismissing that should have been put into place WEEKS AGO, are being put in place to counter act their attacks on the U.S.

"These targeted sanctions are a part of a broader effort to address the ongoing nefarious attacks emanating from Russia," Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said. He said others would face punishment in the future under the new sanctions law "to hold Russian government officials and oligarchs accountable for their destabilizing activities."

People this is VERY serious. The only ones, who will dismiss this, along with anything else Russia, are trumps followers.
finance.yahoo.com...

edit on 15-3-2018 by kurthall because: fix

edit on 15-3-2018 by kurthall because: add link

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

originally posted by: kurthall

The only ones, who will dismiss this, along with anything else Russia, are trumps followers.

I'm neither a Russian or a Trump follower. But this makes no sense. Russians aren't that stupid.

More like another false flag to me...

edit on 15/3/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

This makes no sense. Russians aren't that stupid.

Uh, I guess they are. Its the trump admin calling this out....Of coarse not trump himself. Also there are links and proof...I did not get this on a shill site, like trump followers do. These are people in our government saying this. Not just some reporter. Or Alex Jones Info Wars.

edit on 15-3-2018 by kurthall because: add

edit on 15-3-2018 by kurthall because: add

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So are they attacking us because they want to start war, or are they attacking us because of the economic war we are waging on them?

Which came first...

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Whatever you say, bro.

I'm not interested in partisan discussions. Just want to know the truth no matter who's getting nuked in the head for it.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Trump administration accused Russia on Thursday of a concerted, ongoing operation to hack and spy on the U.S. energy grid and other critical infrastructure, and separately imposed sanctions on Russian officials for alleged high-tech interference in the 2016 American presidential election.

Well, that's an odd thing to do for the so called Russian puppet.

edit on 15-3-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I think the state of secrets is more concerned about hostages escaping from 'rebel' captivity in Syria.

Thousands are streaming out of Ghouta now, Massacre averted.

smh.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

The only ones, who will dismiss this, along with anything else Russia, are trumps followers.

I'm neither a Russian or a Trump follower. But this makes no sense. Russians aren't that stupid.

True. The Russians are smart and they know that they now have the political party that is in power in this country in their hands.

The Right Wing has put themselves in a compromised position over this entire Russia issue and Russia can do damn near anything they want, because they have apologists and defenders at the ready. The Right Wing will be there to whine about it all being a MSM, Democrat conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

the Russians must have something on him

Or it's made up!

'Hey, the other Psyop isn't working, quick, accuse them of something else, Russia Russia Russia'

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Espionage of the cyber variety.

It's not just Russia though, then again I here China has a lot to offer... This isn't new either, we've had a few threads over the years in regards to this topic.

The US deploys similar tactics, in fact I'd be surprised if you could find a nation that can for instance write a good virus that can inhibit another's infrastructure and/or perform the roll of "spy" who are unwilling to use such things.

This is more political than anything. It's a cold war with a new set of parameters. Most of us are in the cold so to speak of what this all means, me too.

a reply to: Irishhaf

Some say anti-missile technology came first, others say corruption.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

And that's were the real hostility and war is being raged.

In the minds of the people.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Like the incident where WaPo falsely accused Russia for hacking Vermont on steroids.

Not very original.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
So are they attacking us because they want to start war, or are they attacking us because of the economic war we are waging on them?

Which came first...

They do it because its what country's do. They probe and spy on one another's capabilities, systems and weaknesses.

If the U.S. and the West aren't doing likewise, they better. The next major conflict will also take place on the internet and computers. I'm sure China and Russia know that, we better as well. Can't take the moral high ground, you need to fight fire with fire.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I am much much more concerned about China's cyber espionage escapades than Russia's, Yet everyone is crickets on them and in full blown panic over Russia.

link   

Russia's annexation of Crimea. That's where a lot of the economic sanctions against Russia originate.

link   
False reports of Russian hackers targetting Power grid

WHAT'S FALSE:
The infected laptop was not connected to the power grid, and no evidence documents that the malware was placed on the laptop by Russian hackers

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

It's all a bit concerning really.

If ever such methods of espionage became less subtle and more malicious I don't feel it'll be the likes of military installations that go without power first.

It'll be your home, then your business, then key infrastructure, then hospitals.

Seemingly such technology and software doesn't harm the government or military of the nation much but the people. Ask Iran, or North Korea.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Do you people really believe that only the Russians are trying to hack into the American power grid?

Do you people really think America hasn't hacked or tried to place back doors into everyone else's power grids?

I cannot tell if people are this anti-trump that it makes them illogical or are they just this illogical and that's why they are anti-trump

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

It's all a bit concerning really.

If ever such methods of espionage became less subtle and more malicious I don't feel it'll be the likes of military installations that go without power first.

It'll be your home, then your business, then key infrastructure, then hospitals.

Seemingly such technology and software doesn't harm the government or military of the nation much but the people. Ask Iran, or North Korea.

The whole "internet of things" is going to be exploited hugely. They already have been using those millions of devices for Denial of Service attacks on various websites and companies.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

People go where they are misled to.

Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. --Mark Twain

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join