It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Spy Poisoning Brings £48 Million Reward For Porton Down

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Wanted to say sorry for all the mistakes before, but i have no time to change them now, wanted to add something.

The formula for the poison was open public, so to say! I forgot that before, every laboratory around the world could create that stuff.

And for sure:
U.S. Ambassador Haley Tells U.N. Russia Responsible for Chemical Attack

Yeah "U"SA, we remember the WMD in Iraq, so much about your credibility!

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

I understand and appreciate what you are saying. Survival might not be preferable in this instance, depending on how quickly and how effectively treatment was administered. If Skripal and daughter did not get an anti-toxin treatment quickly enough, or a strong enough dose, the damage may well already be done, and whatever life they might lead from here on out may be a horror show all of its own.

But they are alive. Most people exposed to weaponised chemicals would have been dead a few times over by now.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I makes me wonder too that if this stuff is so lethal, why are they not dead? I suppose the answer might lie in how they were exposed to it in the first place.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

To be fair although the formulas are available even in the video you have posted the scientist points out that its not so much the formula that is required but the knowledge of how to produce the nerve agent.

I have posted on another thread links about how there is a expert opinion that only Russia knows how to produce this stuff.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Well, its probably going to be something to do with the concentration, the dosage.

Its like alcohol that way. You get a five percent solution, you get drunk after a few pints. You get a forty percent solution, you get drunk off much less than a pint. Upward of that, you can set your hair on fire and burn your guts out, while getting drunk on less than that again.

Except in this case, it shuts off the nerve pathways in the brain, which means people effected by it get convulsions, forget to breathe, and then die. The stuff makes a persons body suffocate itself. The speed at which it all goes down, the severity of the exposure, depends largely on how concentrated the dose is.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

And how it was administered.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Yes.

Its more than likely to have been in the form of a fine spray or mist, according to one of the people who used to work on the stuff.

news.sky.com...

Second to last paragraph is the part about delivery mechanisms.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Porton Down reminds me of an old secondary school chemistry lab from the early 80's with some boffins left to there own devices, then this happens and the government realise they haven't been keeping it as up to date as they should have been doing, just like our armed forces, lets just hope they get the message before something worse happens, and update a few other departments too.
edit on 15-3-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This is laughable. They are using this as a justification for creating it? It has existed for some time now

The "attack" (wink wink) took place just a few miles outside Porton Down. Suspicious, if you ask me. Almost as suspicious as the false flag ricin (or was it anthrax) warning after 9/11/01 in the UK that saw tanks at Heathrow and soldiers on every street corner.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Almost as suspicious as the false flag ricin (or was it anthrax) warning after 9/11/01 in the UK that saw tanks at Heathrow and soldiers on every street corner.

I think it might have been you I mentioned this to on another thread so excuse me if I am repeating myself.

in 2002, Counter-Terrorism police arrested terror suspects for plotting a ricin attack, they were later convicted and are now serving prison sentences.

in 2003, GCHQ intercepted actionable intelligence that Al-Qa'ida was plotting to use a missile to shot down a flight flying out of Heathrow so the decision was made to deploy troops to ensure the airport could be kept secure.

There was no false flag, I don't know where this is coming from.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

yes they did loose control of it with the collpasing of a state. It ended up in US hands and who knows where from there.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: craterman
You'd think that if this were the case, there would be some defect agents spilling beans on why they need to clean house.
a reply to: purplemer

There may well be. Have a look at QAnon.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

What about the Litvinenko case? They murdered the guy by poisoning him with Polonium, for God's sake!

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that. I'm have to look into that at a later date.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Kester

Please someone explain why Russia would use a nerve agent instead of causing an accident? Seems odd Russians would use something that could be traced to them instead of just killing him during a mugging. Or even a hit and run with a car why do something that is difficult to deny?

Just like the polonium poisoning of Alexander Litvinenko, a well publicized, slow, painful death teaches a lesson to would be defectors and traitors.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

It may be possible to coat particles of the nerve agent in a protective covering that breaks down over minutes or hours.

The fact these two were found on a bench suggests to me they thought they were going to meet someone then got sprayed by a covert drone.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Fancy weaponry is often oversold by the developers and manufacturers. When it comes to it the advertising turns out to be pie-in-the-sky. The XREP is a good example. A shotgun fired taser projectile. First time British police used it the projectile went straight through a man's skull, on live TV. That was such a flop the manager of the firm that supplied it took his own life. The way the United States Invasion Force blew themselves to hell at FOB Falcon in Baghdad is another example.

I suspect excessive coc aine use is behind many of the wacky decisions we see made in these times. Possibly a bunch of coked-up fancy weaponry salesmen convinced a bunch of coked-up dirty tricks organisers to buy a state-of-the-art covert drone nerve agent dispenser that only worked in laboratory conditions.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

But if they were sprayed while at the bench, that would mean that there was basically no time between exposure and onset of symptoms, and it would also mean that the other sites which have been investigated, and alleged to be potentially contaminated, were in fact, not actually part of the attack, either decoys set by whatever entity launched the attack, to confuse matters, or by our own services in order to confuse any entity looking at the news in order to figure out how far the investigation into the affair has come.

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

The XREP is a good example. A shotgun fired taser projectile. First time British police used it the projectile went straight through a man's skull, on live TV.

Ermm the only "pie in the sky" I'm reading is this comment, what utter rubbish. Can you give one citation of this? As a UK citizen myself I can assure you no one has ever been killed by the police live on TV here, and definitely not by shooting them through the head, with any weapon never mind an XREP!

LOL...."Got sprayed on a park bench by a covert drone" in the middle of Salisbury....seriously that's hilarious. I mean why just walk up to someone and spray them when you can fly a covert drone in to the middle of a busy town centre, wait for the target to sit down and shoot them with it.......are you honestly trying to be funny?

Not to mention that they were found on that bench, but the locations they'd spent the early parts of the day were also contaminated.

What happened to quality on ATS :-(

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: stratsys-sws

I think he is referring to that case a few years ago when they shot that murderer Raoul Moat with a taser and while twitching he shot and killed himeself?

posted on Mar, 22 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: stratsys-sws

Raoul Moat.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join