It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You need this metal medicine for your soul. I give you - JINJER!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
So my metal brethen....recently i stumbled upon a musical band that just kicked my ass.

I have to be honest...i have been in a musical lull for a hella long time..... i literally cannot remember the last band or song that stole me and took me to its realm....its been maybe 10 years....maybe when i personally learned of Alice in Chains and how hard they rocked me for months when i could just listen to ONLY their stuff for months and not get tired of it...just constantly discovering nuance buried beneath the superficial appeal of the work.....you know just something that you could appreicat eon a a real variety of levels. I think some of you will know exactly what im talking about...some of you probly wont but thats okay (yes i am also pleasantly inebbriated and musing on deep sht right now...)

So....enter Jiner. I dont remember exactly how i happened upon them but assuredly it was while surfing metal channels on Yo tube....so maybe i just accidentally klicked i dont effing know....all i know is im pretty sure the first song i listened to all the way through was one called "who is gonna be the one" and after that i listed to a newer cut called Pisces.

So heres the thing my head banging friends.....i want to set these geniuses up for you in a particular order if you will allow me that honor.....

I personally think the best song to start with is Pisces. IT stars really slow and easy listening with very soulful and smooth lyrics to a nice pop jazz feel backdrop and a nicely sycopated drum riff etc all that goodness.....then as the chorus comes on it all....just....changes......like our friend Doctor Jeckyll who is a nice chap, mild mannered and upper crust almost......then drinks the dark potion of liquid metal and is transformed into a beastly creature capable of almost arousing fear with its intensity of wrath and passion combined. Hmmmm......its something to really mediate on over and over if you can dig it.....i know i have......

BTW these guys hail from the country of Ukraine....so pretty amazing they have already

Please start here my dudes........tell me what you think if you care to.....good and bad ill hear you out...

Personally i think these guys are metal geniuses of a caliber rarely seen.....they deserve a much wider audience and i am making it my aim to give them as much exposure as i am able to in my online presence and in my "real" life with family and friends......

OH...and they are coming to the West Coast next month so any of yall out west come out and give these guys a bigtime welcome and lots of love (and money no doubt hahah)

PISCES

If you are ready to graduate I would go to this video/song next......so much variety in this song it blows my mind........

I SPEAK ASTRONOMY

Okay now those first two songs had pretty much minimal screaming and growling....but this girl Tatiania is a growler like no other female i have EVER heard....and her smooth singing vocal range and quality is just frickin amazing.....like i said man i could just go on and on about how amazing these guys are.....but if you have made it this far you are probably ready for a more raw metal screamo type song to witness just how good of a growler Tatiana is.....

OUTLANDER

Okay so no more mister nice guy now........its time to bring on the pure vocal torture that some of us really love ......

oh my god.....

WHO IS GONNA BE THE ONE (LIVE)

Okay so check it out...i could link all their videos but what point would that make. Discovery has to be allowed at this point...i gave you my preferred set list for the newb after personally listening to all of their songs dozens of times and arriving at what i think makes a nice intro into the fascinating and pleasurable world of my new favorite band, Jinjer.......

Peace yall......

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tribal

I remember when metal was cool. This is a bit artsy fartsy and too much processing........ in everything, but especially her voice. They all might as well have keyboards. And keyboards aren’t metall. She probably doesn’t even stink.

I gave it another listen, and i will admit that the music is pretty tight. Kind of reminded me of meshugga. But i didn’t really like them either.

Have you ever listened to nothingface? This is their first album. An audio guide to everyday atrocity.

youtu.be...
edit on 15-3-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

One thing that really grinds my gears is metal elitists. The brotherhood/sisterhood of metal I know/knew is far more of accepting of differences and those who feel outside the norm.

I digress!

OP, cheers for posting this. There are elements in there that I resonant with, I feel a bit of a Kidney Thieves vibe, hear a bit of progressive metal going on and holy mother of Dio - Her growls! How even!

I will be listening proper when I get the chance, and I really do appreciate you posting this.

Horns up mon ami!

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Have you ever listened to nothingface? This is their first album. An audio guide to everyday atrocity.

youtu.be...

NOW You're talking metal. Been a fan of nothingface for over a decade.

Shame Matt had to go and die on us.

Even the lyrics of this one resonate today...

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

Her growls! How even!
it’s done with a computer. It’s like auto tuning for growls. I think she sounds like randy blythe. They prob use the same software.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

One thing that really grinds my gears is metal elitists. The brotherhood/sisterhood of metal I know/knew is far more of accepting of differences and those who feel outside the norm.

Different genres breed different fans. Just because it's called metal, it doesn't mean it's what everyone should just dig.

I've never liked female vocalists that 'sing'... I prefer the growls of certain bands.

Compare this, to any in the OP and especially the one with the vocals mentioned... you just can't compare.

I'm not dissing the music, but it really is artsy fartsy compared to other metal. Like new metallica compared to old metallica. I swear they sold their souls to the devil for a 30 year contract as the best metal ever, and now the contract is expired they're trying to wing it on their own, and failing miserably... I mean, with lady gaga? That is NOT metallica nor metal... :/

edit on 15-3-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

no software needed...this is her screaming "dry" during recording session...

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

its a pleasure to share especially when someone enjoys it.......thanks for the comment and i wish you happy listening

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

thanks for chiming in....i obviously dont agree with you but i know many people who have very particularly ideas of what metal or rock is or should be....so its cool and understandable from a certain aspect of looking at it...

however...i listen to almost every genre of music....barry manilow to bee gees to queen, def leppard, alice in chains...rap...rnb.....to jiner....i listen to everything...even classical music.....so i come to Jinjer with an ecclectic background that perhaps not many do....and as i said i enjoy Jinjer on several levels, not the least of which is their lyrics and technical proficiency.....but mainly for how my "self" responds to the music at a gut or primal level....which it does....

peace.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Loved this one!

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

im a musician and am familiar with many common vocal processing effects.....in this live performance i can really only detect perhaps 3 effects....delay is the obvious one...probably a little chorus....and compression......but beyond that i think its pretty obvious that her screams and growls are 100 percent her own. The very nature of amplifying sounds changes how they sound to your ear versus what is actually producing the sound.....so you gotta take that into consideration when alleging her voice is not 100 percent her own......do you sing? you arent going to sound good no matter how many effects you throw at it if you dont actually have something quality to start with.....if you dont believe me go talk to some vocalists that perform and use effects......

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing all these you guys. I'm not a heavy listener of metal but I do 'hover around the fringes'-lol. I'm liking the tunes but not a fan of the demon voicing software tho. I just wanted to comment on your thread tribal because- I love the way you write!
like below..

originally posted by: tribal
......like our friend Doctor Jeckyll who is a nice chap, mild mannered and upper crust almost......then drinks the dark potion of liquid metal and is transformed into a beastly creature capable of almost arousing fear with its intensity of wrath and passion combined.
Seriously.. you should write some short stories or something!

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

thanks for the nice comment.....i dont know if shes using voice software...that seems kinda far out to allege...almost as if you dont believe people are capable of growling....there are many examples of people who can growl very scarily without any special effects...hey even YOU could do this if properly motivated LOL.....

however, there are people who actually study and learn how to do this vocal effect with just their throat and it is explained very often if you you want to look it up but here is an interesting video showing another of my favorite female growlers from the band Once Human and the it is demonstrated right before your very eyes how they do this......

as i told the other poster above....once you amplify a voice...just that alone changes how the voice sounds versus the original source (the actual mouth and throat). I think if you want to know you can find the truth for yourself and perhaps this video is a good place for skeptics to start ? maybe...

Once Human vocalist demonstrates how she growls without hurting her voice.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: tribal

thanks for chiming in....i obviously dont agree with you but i know many people who have very particularly ideas of what metal or rock is or should be....so its cool and understandable from a certain aspect of looking at it...

however...i listen to almost every genre of music....barry manilow to bee gees to queen, def leppard, alice in chains...rap...rnb.....to jiner....i listen to everything...even classical music.....so i come to Jinjer with an ecclectic background that perhaps not many do....and as i said i enjoy Jinjer on several levels, not the least of which is their lyrics and technical proficiency.....but mainly for how my "self" responds to the music at a gut or primal level....which it does....

peace.

Oh I listen to a wide range of music too, from the potbelleez, little birdie, to ludovico einaudi. Even beethovens 7'th 2'nd movement (I had to hunt that relentlessly as no one ever attributed the artist to what I heard it in...)

I just grew up on certain styles, so I guess for me, I'm used to hearing the style in a different light. I tried really hard to like a swedish metal band many years ago, but his voice and the way he accented some words, just threw me.. lol.. my ears tell me things.

I've never liked bands like judas priest, and even iron maiden can piss me off. the voice makes it, unless it's purposely a ballad.

I mean, from carcass to this... with split enz, pseudo echo, meshuggah (to an extent), chimera (again to an extent), slipknot, and finger eleven and many more in between...

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Hellyeah!

Ermm, I mean, cool!

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

O sorry- Yes! You are correct. I work with computers too much and my mind just instantly jumped there. I meant no disrespect and do realize some peeps can actually vocalize like that. Apologies!

Thanks for posting all the links and vids!

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Hellyeah!

Ermm, I mean, cool!

Oh you kids today... Don't you know I'm hip? I mean, I like the stereophonics, and the games on video. Ahhah, I even perambulate on my bi cycle to the localised establishment and purchase those funky beverages *wiggles head knowingly*

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I was talking about how I feel about Metallica with my boyfriend just this morning! I don't appreciate any of their music post '99 for my own ideological reasons... heh

But you are right - different genres in the overall genre. Like we got mathematical metal man!!

ps: that there is wicked! love it! thanks for sharing, I'mma look them up. I too like OP have been in a lack of new (at least to me) artists funk.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   

It's a journey, not a destination!

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Oh Jin x

fantastico! Every metal thread requires some raining of blood

Every genre has the potential to take you on a sublime musical journey. I still fondly recall listening to Purple Rain by Prince in ah.. altered...state, and my word - every single note, on every single instrument opened up doors, possibilities of creation.

One genre though (and I use it as an umbrella term here for previous post reasons) that always provides that journey is metal. Never disappoints.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join