It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the World in Danger of War with Russia over Trump's appeasement and Putin’s acts?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

what's your point

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
He’s the president of the US

You need to get a grip ON REALITY

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

So Putin is the bad guy and we are just trying to survive in this mean oppressive world.

I don't think Putin is a saint, but compared to us? What does usa have: somewhere around 580 bases in a 42 other countries excluding the 4100 bases on our own soil and 114 bases in us overseas territories. Russia has 8 or 9 bases in other countries, most of which are bases in former soviet republics. I had heard once that it would be easier to name the countries that aren't forced to host one of usa's bases.

I don't really think the rest of world views us as a leader in moral support. That would fall along the lines of 'they don't like us because they were jealous of our freedoms'. You don't think our government has killed our own presstitutes that don't go along with the official narrative?

Willtel:
I don't really like trump very much. I was happy to hear his words of nationalism and freedom but I realize the greater possibility is that they were just words with no intent to honor them. What angers me more than that is the assumption that previous presidential politicians were any better.

To me, the greatest danger by far is partisan politics. The assumption that clinton or obama were any better or even that they had a inkling of honor is much much worse. When you come out and get upset that people may just support trump it completely destroys any message you are trying to convey. Because people see correctly that if you are partisan, all other efforts from you are corrupt. It may not be true, but it is what I have observed over the last 12 months at least.

Have you condemned the other side as strongly as you have for anything associated with trump?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Actually, I support Putin 100 percent in Syria.

And have not had what I consider evidence that he's guilty on this since the west has lied so much their unreliable.

I’ve written serious intelligent, nuanced and complex OP’s not simple-minded love-hate trump or Putin nonsense, just like this op--which is a nuanced open dialogue about topical interests--war and peace and Trump and Putin.

As for my opinions...
I’ve written more anti-Obama ops than most.

I’ve enumerated my grand conspiracy theory that Trump’s election is a deep state plot to have the MSM and Neocons to get their cred back.

You know on the basis anybody is better than Trump

You can't pigeonhole me like many people on this forum who think black and white only, no nuance, no complexity, little intelligence.

I've tried to educate these dogmatic people that politics like life is not black and white but often grey.

Those who are closed to the possibility that they're not always right will one day have a great shock

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The utter enormity of nuclear powers selling each other wolf tickets how bad their nucs are and poising each other with nerve gas is pretty scary.

The problem is we’ve gotten used to this, therefore the shock wears off.

In history, certain personalities come upon the scene and take things seriously while we are complacent

BTW this is very serious stuff here, we are too complacent.

This imo really is about the ME.

The deep state isn’t going to stop their assault on Syria and Putin is getting pissed off in that Trump is not doing what he wants.

Putin should understand the deep state transcends political personalities; Trump must do what they say.

edit on 14-3-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Its clear Putin is getting definitely angry at the west

He will have to get in line. With our President not welcomed in England, I say let them sort it out for their selves. Let them handle Putin without the aid of the U.S. Maybe they might change their minds on how they feel about our President then.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

The media is saber rattling at the moment, all the news in this country is "Putin bad need to get him ", are you sure you are not falling for the media hype?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Trump? You mean Obama. Where Putin literally invaded countries and Obama did nothing but tell Russia once he's reelected he can work with them more.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Putin is bad. Very bad. Just because the media is mostly fake news doesn't mean everything they say is wrong.

Romney knew it, Obama and the Democrats said it's Cold war thinking.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The media is saber rattling at the moment, all the news in this country is "Putin bad need to get him ", are you sure you are not falling for the media hype?

I listen to the media as you do and make my own decision.

But you have to understand even liars sometimes tell the truth. So sure Putin has been maligned but if one side is evil you could usually bet the other side ain't no saint

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
No.

Where do you guys get these absurd notions? At this point I'm not even convinced you watch news, where do you get your information, The View?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Russia is not limited by treaty what weapons they can or cannot build. Hitler renegaded on the Versailles treaty and rearmed Germany with planes and tanks which were illegal under the treaty and no one cared. Russia can build a million nukes if they want and that's their land and it's no one else's business.

So I don't see any comparison with regards to appeasement.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join