It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube will link to Wikipedia to battle conspiracy videos. Will conspiracy sites be next?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
YouTube will link to Wikipedia to battle conspiracy videos
“Our goal is to start with a list of internet conspiracies listed on the internet where there is a lot of active discussion on YouTube,” YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki said. www.foxnews.com...
“We’re always exploring new ways to battle misinformation on YouTube. We announced plans to show additional information cues, including a text box linking to third-party sources around widely accepted events, like the moon landing,” a YouTube spokesperson told Fox News.”
YouTube will now display links to fact-based content alongside conspiracy theory videos and link to a Wikipedia page that debunks the hoax alongside the video. How reliable is Wikipedia? Some of it is as fake as CNN!
So now, will they come after ATS?
Probably not. I don’t think ATS has a Youtube page. But the censorship has started. Numerous Youtube accounts have been taken down. I even had a video of a high altitude weather balloon removed. I included it in one of my OP's. I NEVER mentioned that I was going to post it on ATS. Question is, how did they link my video to ATS? And why did they censor it?

edit on V222018Wednesdaypm31America/ChicagoWed, 14 Mar 2018 17:22:05 -05001 by Violater1 because: ,.hjuky78l

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1
A discussion is already here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I just add the question how deep the censorship will go.
And if they link to ATS, will member sites be taken out as well?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

It wouldn't surprise me at all, in fact more than a few good YouTuber's have been removed for posting conspiracy topics or even simply for talking about conservative views or religion.

The new world order is fast approaching, are you ready ? I would venture a guess and say the collective apathy combined with the dumb look on most people's faces indicates that it will be pushed through without any effort.

All everyone seems to care about is themselves, narcissism is rampant and it's the perfect distraction, or shall I say illusion.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I know there are people in here spreading BS left and right, I don't know if they are paid, or just nuts. I have repeatedly tried to show them they are wrong. Two days later same person, new thread same BS.

ATS Mods decide what is allowed and not, they will not go all YouTube on us. They are/we are anti that. I am not a mod, but long time ATSr. It has always been a website where we are mostly allowed to express ourselves outside of the box.

If you watch a video on YouTube and it's freaking BS nothing wrong with letting the viewer know.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

So if you know who is spreading B.S., why not call it like it is ?

Also what's so great about censoring opinions that are "freaking BS" as you described them, who's to say what is and what is not.

In this case it's easy to say that YouTube is a private company so they can dictate what is and what is not advertised on their site, fine. The real question is where do we draw the line in terms of collusion, who is working with whom to further that agenda of censorship through more than just corporate means.

Tech companies are becoming an entity all their own and a force to be reckoned with, it may not be long before they start actively working with governments around the world to create the ideal of what is acceptable and what is not. So then who dictates what is right and what is wrong ? By who's moral compass are we being led ? Humans continue to prove that they are full of faults and none is fit to rule or have power because all it does it corrupt.

In the end that corruption will become our own demise or at least the demise of those who believe in freedom of speech and liberty from tyranny.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Topic already being discussed here.

Thread closed.

top topics

join