It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ryan Zinke says he never took a private jet because the plane he flew on had Propellers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

It's not a jet if it goes suck-squeeze-bang-blow. 

But a jet engine does go suck-squeeze-bang-blow...

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
the interesting part to me is

Should everyone pay their fair share?

If so, would that mean everyone should pays to enter?

I get confused to when i need to pay my fair share, and when I should get offended because the government doesn't give me something that I am owed

Funny thing about “fair shares” - how do you define it. Can’t remember which country does it, but a European country assesses traffic fines (specially speeding at least) based on the individuals income, so the working poor and the wealthy are penalized equally.
I believe it is the Scandinavian countries, I have heard of people getting fines for speeding that are the equivalent of $100,000or more

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

If it does, you've probbly caused a compressor stall. Or an ingested foreign object has. In the air it doesn't suck as much as it uses airflow from speed, directed by the variable inlet guide vanes. If it bangs, you have a real problem and fuel is continuously ignited in the burner box or hot section.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: penfold

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
the interesting part to me is

Should everyone pay their fair share?

If so, would that mean everyone should pays to enter?

I get confused to when i need to pay my fair share, and when I should get offended because the government doesn't give me something that I am owed

Funny thing about “fair shares” - how do you define it. Can’t remember which country does it, but a European country assesses traffic fines (specially speeding at least) based on the individuals income, so the working poor and the wealthy are penalized equally.
I believe it is the Scandinavian countries, I have heard of people getting fines for speeding that are the equivalent of $100,000or more

I was pretty sure it was one of the Scandinavian ones, but wasn’t sure.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

originally posted by: RadioRobert

If it does, you've probbly caused a compressor stall. Or an ingested foreign object has. In the air it doesn't suck as much as it uses airflow from speed, directed by the variable inlet guide vanes. If it bangs, you have a real problem and fuel is continuously ignited in the burner box or hot section.

Think of all the time we can save when out on the ramp now that we know jet engines don't suck... I'm not sure what you think is happening after the compressor stages in the combustion chamber, but it is a continuous bang. Makes a lot of noise. Surprised you've never heard it...

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

edit on 15-3-2018 by F4guy because: courtesy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join