It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just where have ""the Russians"" gone?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Lastly, as I am to understand it, Russia has been meddling because the ultimate prerogative has been destabilizing the US. That would involve pushing agenda's only long enough to secure them politically before supplanting them from the other side - all with the intent of keeping the US busy fighting itself rather than dealing with the evil # Putin has been up to.

OK, fair enough, but the next logical question is "why are we playing right into their hands on this and jumping when they say 'jump'?"
This dumb $^%# www.newsweek.com... seems to be doing Russia's work for them and she's one of many in DC and the media. It's a goddamn laugh a minute watching people accuse others of "working for Russia" while letting Putin flip them over while they ask him for another. Meanwhile, instead of going after REAL examples of federal officials personally gaining from playing slap and tickle with Moscow (i.e. Beau Biden, Uranium 1 deal followed by generous 'donations' to the Clinton Foundation, misc. speaking appointment payments to Clinton et. al., etc.), we're watching an 'investigation' into a collusion which most signs point towards never having taken place. It's a massive waste of tax dollars and time, and it is entirely based on a political witch hunt.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't give a # if I never made the claims themselves. You know, people will be a lot more willing to converse with you if you didn't decide their positions and opinions for them based on stereotypes.

Then I offer you my apologies, I genuinely was not trying to put any words in your mouth. It is my fault for assuming you presenting the same argument that a good many of others have. Admittedly, there are plenty on the left who are unimpressed or otherwise undecided on the matter. That's great and perfectly reasonable

But there is no denying the active and dishonest effort by some individuals to destroy his Presidency based on what amount to mere rumors and innuendo at the present time. I'm not saying they can't be true, or that in time they won't come out to be true. I don't believe they will, but the point is that no evidence supporting that conclusion currently exists in the public information space

It is wrong to blanket deny the possibility (which I don't), but equally wrong to de-legitimize his Presidency based on what currently amounts to nothing (nothing as in no crimes committed)

But the hysteria and outrage surrounding Russia's generalized intelligence activities is so-far overblown there are no words to describe it effectively. The MSM and a bitter candidate seized on well known efforts to use in a highly politically destructive way.

Some on the left are attempting to unseat a legitimately installed US President based on rumors. Just let that sink in for a moment. And they justify it because they don't personally like him, and are also bitter about their loss. They then attach a bunch of words with extremely negative connotations in order to further injure his reputation.

Absolutely ridiculous. I'll be one of millions to point this out: an America-first policy is not racist, it is not "nazi," it is not authoritarian. It is sensible. This is the United States of America. Our first duty is to our own nation.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Happy to confirm it for you.

The sad part is you probably actually believe it.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
The Dems would have you falsely believe "The Russians" rigged the 2016 election against their candidate. However, this narrative is entirely debunked by the many recent state elections that have gone favorably for Dems. From New Jersey, to Louisiana and now seemingly even PA.

So, if Democrats are being targeted, why were these ones permitted to win? Wouldn't having either house of government out of GOP hands go against the supposed aims of this entirely theoretical Russian plot?

Evidence or it never happened. Even anecdotal evidence is now suggesting Dems lied about the fake Russia story. Sadly their lies may not be fully known until the midterms are over, potentially squandering a large period of time that our agenda could be otherwise un-challenged.

We already know they've accused a bunch of Americans as being Russian spy robots, so what else are they lying about? The evidence seems to say: Most of it, if not all.

Still haven't seen one shred of hard evidence. Indictments are cheap. Ham sandwiches can be indicted. Where's the hard evidence? The worst part is, since we all know those Russians won't be standing trial, Mueller will never have to produce one shred.

Where are you at Ruskies?

The Russians haven't gone anywhere, and both parties are more than likely up to their dirty little necks in the borscht. The whole damn thing just smells.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

STRAWMAN, Straw man, strawman, I think you say STRAWMAN in every thread.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Well I make a point of not doing that as well as not letting people who do do that influence my thinking. I make statements pretty much in every thread on this investigation that I am withholding judgement against Trump and his admin until the investigation is over. That way, all the evidence is available for review and I can come to my own conclusions about guilt. Right now, saying guilty or not guilty is FAR too preliminary since we aren't privy to all the evidence that Mueller and co have looked at.
edit on 14-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I got a different logical fallacy for this post: Deflection.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: notsure1

I got a different logical fallacy for this post: Deflection.

Strawman..

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Thirty6BelowZero

Lots of people have 'pinned' her but it will not be the DNC...LOL

EH EH EH EH!!! Even if it's true, I'm a little disappointed at Trump for stooping that low. Melania is leaps and bounds more of a woman than her. But hey, she's a genius in the eyes of a libster.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So? Instead of telling us there is "plenty of evidence" SHOW us...WHERE is it?? and you are wrong because you fail to provide actual PROOF, NOT talking points, NOT opinion...FACTS backed up by REAL evidence....We're waiting...a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rockhndr

You are more than capable of performing the same google searches I am. If you truly cared and weren't just trying to create an empty "gotcha" moment, you'd go look.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Asking for evidence? That's a strawman. It was made clear on Page 1 while on the trip to see the Wizard, that they "don't have to prove anything" where their accusations/implications/suspiscions/strawmen are concerned. You're chasing down a dead end here.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

My only point is this: where's the evidence?

We haven't seen one shred.

There has been plenty of evidence released. I can't say it is compelling enough to find criminal guilt yet, but saying there is none is a straight up lie.

I just want to see some kind of evidence.

Could have fooled me, because this thread makes it look like you just want to lie, throw out strawmans and argue with Liberals over said strawman.

YOU are conflating regular national intelligence activities with the Trump campaign or Presidency to de-legitimize him. YOU are falsely conflating narratives, not me.

O rly?
Post my exact words were I did this along with actual proof of how I'm wrong.

First sentence...there has been plenty of evidence released...YOUR claim...NOW back it up
edit on 14-3-2018 by rockhndr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
YOU made the claim, I am not going to go look for YOUR side of the debate.....YOU brought it to the table, YOU provide your own proof, I'm not doing your work for you.....Make a claim? Back it...starting to wonder exactly, WHO the strawman is...**eyeroll**a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
*Sigh*.....I know, but I have patience with waiting....I am a Mother first LOLOL!a reply to: burdman30ott6

link   

thats not how it works here bud. You make claims, you provide evidence. You have none, you stop making claims.

So far you have provided no evidence and have argued what many of us knew here was bs as soon as the words Russians were uttered.

Funny how the story changed immediately after the Satanic pedophile Clinton lost.
edit on 14-3-2018 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

link   

Well see. I would provide it to you, but I have a feeling you really don't care to look at it and just want to argue with me instead. Hence why I'm just going to appeal to laziness and not acquiesce to your demand. If you don't want to believe that evidence exists to compel this investigation to continue, that's on you, but the investigation continues anyways. So you can pretend reality is something else, but that won't make the investigation go away, and me producing this evidence or not producing it isn't going to de-legitimize the investigation any either.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

a reply to: JBurns

I don't have to prove anything. For one, the investigation is still ongoing. For two, I'm not an investigator anyways; it's not on me to investigate and prove wrong doing on the Trump admin. For three, you made up an argument with this thread. At no point have the Democrats or literally anyone that matters accused the Russians of rigging any elections. The fact that you repeat this claim over and over throughout your threads shows an unwillingness to deny ignorance. For four, I have made no claims in this thread outside of rebuking your crazy strawman. How about your prove that Democrats are actually saying the Russians rigged the election first?
I get your point, but actually at one point they were accusing the Russians of potentially hacking some votes.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
empty "gotcha" moment? **facepalm** BACK UP YOUR CLAIM....Oh! You actually can't? Then SIT THE **F** DOWN...preferably in the FRONT of the class, you know, so you can see the chalkboard better....a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Maybe, but that narrative was dropped a long time ago when it was shown not to have any legs. Yet conservatives/Trump supporters won't drop it. Mostly the investigation has always been about Russian meddling anyways and the idea of them directly hacking the election was just a small inquiry that didn't pan out.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join