It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump proposes returning to the gold standard.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: WarPig1939

Spoken like someone who has no idea how the gold standard really works..

Gold is no more functionally valuable than anything else.. it is shiny and doesn’t rust.. that is the only reason the ancients considered it valuable.

There isn’t enough gold in the world to account for just 350 million Americans..

We don’t even have any real gold likely, and that’s fine..

Paper money/gold is ONLY valuable because people agree to use it..

So anything people are willing to use is cool.

Exactly. One is measured against the other. Now there's all the evidence needed to say both are bogus.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Something has to change. Gold standard or not. Trump may have stated the Gold Standard out of his own ignorance but I'm sure he has a plan of going back to "something" other than the dollar.

It may work it probably won't. Who knows. Instead of trying to label Trump as an idiot all the time, you could wait and see what happens like everyone else.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Abraham F Kennedy. I mean John Lincoln

Stop it. You meant Warren G. Jefferson.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: eNumbra
What happened to the last president who wanted to return to the Gold standard...

Who would that be?

If it wasn’t JFK, I may be mixing up my conspiracy theories again.

link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
...I'm sure he has a plan of going back to "something" other than the dollar.

There is no something other than the dollar. It's what we've used our entire history.

link   

What happened to the last president who wanted to return to the Gold standard...

Qadaffi was murdered after he announced he would introduce gold Dinar as exchange for oIL on the world market.

That would have rocked the PetroDollar Oil Market. International banking interests couldn't allow that. Nor would they ever allow any other economy to revert to a "Gold Standard".

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

If it wasn’t JFK, I may be mixing up my conspiracy theories again.

It's wasn't him because it wasn't anyone.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I always get my Masonic puppet figureheads mixed up. Good looking out

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Wrong. Really wrong. Couldn't be wronger. It contradicts your own post.

The value can be and would be arbitrarily set. An arbitrary value. Not using gold as currency. Using it as a 'standard'.

Set it. Maintain it. Make it law.

link   
just in time for St. Patty's Day ...

link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Qadaffi was murdered after he announced he would introduce gold Dinar as exchange for oIL on the world market.

That would have rocked the PetroDollar Oil Market. International banking interests couldn't allow that. Nor would they ever allow any other economy to revert to a "Gold Standard".

North Korea is also one of the only remaining states without a central bank attached to the global market; and trump wants to go there and negotiate with him.

I can almost see the false flag and ensuing conflict now.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Eh. Personally I couldn't care less what system we go. I have doubts Trump is serious about it, it will probably be a one time thing of talking about it.

It will probably never leave the drawing board.

Make it easy and set the value to a fixed number, and make it unchangeable.
edit on 14-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Seems likely. Trump isn't Qadaffi. The U.S. isn't Libya. At a guess, due to it's own supply of gold, Putin and perhaps other political leaders-who have also been screwed- might, just might, jump on the bandwagon and say "you know what? This is a good idea and we support it".

Not impossible....

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
lol he would be murdered by his own people

link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: nwtrucker

It would be a boon, but it won't happen. If we return to the gold standard, then someone will have to inventory all of the nation's gold...And that can't happen; because we don't have it anymore.

Good luck Mr. Trump. I hope you're serious about this but if you are...you won't survive too long...there's more powerful people than you who want to keep on robbing the country and it's citizenry, as well as many other countries.

It won't happen. Hmm, where have we heard that one before?....Oh yes, now I remember. Trump's election....

link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
Eh. Personally I couldn't care less what system we go. I have doubts Trump is serious about it, it will probably be a one time thing of talking about it.

It will probably never leave the drawing board.

Make it easy and set the value to a fixed number, and make it unchangeable.

I would personally like a basket of commodities be fixed with the dollar. I know it's not perfect but since the gold standard will never happen this is a good option in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

trump wants to go there and negotiate with him.

US only announced talks with North Korean gubment after the two Koreas began talking to each other. Can't have that.

Whatever would the US military do if Peace broke out?

They'd have to go home just like Vietnam.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Throughout history banking 'interests' have always sought to wrest control of nations finance away from the people.

Inserting themselves as middle men in economies, issuing 'currency' and extracting fees form transactions and interest from loans.

All for doing nothing.
edit on 14-3-2018 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

Removing that wiggle will lead to a lot of broke bankers and a broke Banker many times is a dead Banker

Meh, I'm of a military mindset. Collateral damage is acceptable.....

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Throughout history banking 'interests' have always sought to wrest control of nations finance away from the people.

Inserting themselves as middle men in economies, issuing 'currency' and extracting fees form transactions and interest from loans.

All for doing nothing.

Yep..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join