It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: White conservative males stockpile guns because they are scared and feel inferior.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Yep. I is skeered. Not sure of what, mind you... But if'n you say it's so, well then, by golly, it's so.

Do let me know what it is I'm scared of, OK? ...and what is it, or who is it, I'm feeling inferior to, again?? 'Cause this really is news to me.

So lay it on me

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Why do you own a gun? If the answer is to to feel safe or protect yourself, then yes you are scared of imaginary scenarios happening.

If the answer is so I won't have to then it is still fear because you are telling us that a gun is your main source of comfort because you have this imaginary scenario that might occur which means you without a gun, you would live in constant fear of the boogeyman.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: donnydeevil

A gun is a persons LAST line of defense to protect themselves and their family. I hope you family, if you have one, is ok waiting on 911 to rescue them after the perp has already broken down your door and shot a few people.

Fear? Those who have no plan live in fear like yourself.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

what I see are generalizations made about how people feel

Well it is true that a lot of conservatives think this way. Look at many hundreds of times people on this forum say they are afraid the government will come after them so they need guns. The other reason, aside from wanting to feel macho, is that they don't want to get educated, so they feel like having guns will make them powerful so they won't have to compete, that is the vibe I get from a lot of conservatives.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

A gun is a persons LAST line of defense to protect themselves and their family. I hope you family, if you have one, is ok waiting on 911 to rescue them after the perp has already broken down your door and shot a few people.

Fear? Those who have no plan live in fear like yourself.

This is exactly what I mean, they live in fear of something that may or may not happen.

I wonder, do they have the same fears about walking the street and getting hit by a car, driving a vehicle and getting into a terrible wreck or whatever because those things are just as likely to happen them as a "perp" breaking down their door and shooting a few people.

I do not live in constant fear that something horrible may happen to me so stating "Those who have no plan live in fear like yourself" is completely wrong. I will never let fear consume my like it does gun owners, where I feel the need to be armed at all times. Yes a gun can protect you but only to a certain point and then when the gun is useless against unseen threats..what then?

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

what I see are generalizations made about how people feel

Well it is true that a lot of conservatives think this way. Look at many hundreds of times people on this forum say they are afraid the government will come after them so they need guns. The other reason, aside from wanting to feel macho, is that they don't want to get educated, so they feel like having guns will make them powerful so they won't have to compete, that is the vibe I get from a lot of conservatives.

Hah what a crock of baloney! You don't believe any of that ridiculous horse sheet because nobody is dumb enough to believe what you just said. You are either parroting the latest liberal partisan satire, or just saying it to say it because you feel like saying it.
If you really do believe what you just said, then You just might be Karl Marx' reincarnated.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I own for several reasons. None of which are any of your business...but for the sake of conversation, I own for hunting, and for target shooting, and for the same reason I own three fire extinguishers.

Fear is a survival mechanism. To consider it as something bad is, in a word, suicidal. Fear keeps one, usually, from doing stupid things that might get one hurt. Fear keeps one aware of what is going on around oneself.

You must understand something here, boys and girls. I don't give a flyin' # if you think I'm afraid of some vague bogeyman or not. My reasons are my own, and frankly, I have no reason, or need, to justify.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: donnydeevil

I do not live in constant fear that something horrible may happen to me so stating "Those who have no plan live in fear like yourself" is completely wrong. I will never let fear consume my like it does gun owners, where I feel the need to be armed at all times. Yes a gun can protect you but only to a certain point and then when the gun is useless against unseen threats..what then?

What fear? Lol

You do not fear stepping out into a street so do you do it blindfolded...geez. I do not under stand your point as to why you feel those with guns are in fear of something. You are right there are situations where we have no control with or without guns...once again what is your point? Do I also fear if I carry 6 months of food and water too? It's called a form of insurance.

Since you most likely have car, house, life, health, dental etc insurance I guess you fear each one of them... Or maybe you are just preparing and not really thinking about it once you are set with all the insurance you need.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

What fear? Lol

You do not fear stepping out into a street so do you do it blindfolded...geez. I do not under stand your point as to why you feel those with guns are in fear of something. You are right there are situations where we have no control with or without guns...once again what is your point? Do I also fear if I carry 6 months of food and water too? It's called a form of insurance.

Since you most likely have car, house, life, health, dental etc insurance I guess you fear each one of them... Or maybe you are just preparing and not really thinking about it once you are set with all the insurance you need.

One more time, I do not live in constant fear that bad crap is going to happen to me. Gun owners give you all these hypothetical scenarios as to what would happen to them which makes them look like they live in constant fear that something is out to get them. Like the other poster,for instance, they along with most gun owners have a specific fear that someone is going to break into their house and start shooting people. That does not sound normal, that sounds paranoid. a lot of gun owners own gun because they are afraid of something and need to be constantly armed because of that fear.
edit on 17-3-2018 by donnydeevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

One more time, I do not live in constant fear that bad crap is going to happen to me.

One more time, owning guns is a lot of things, sport, hunting and insurance just like your car insurance, nothing more...

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

So if you wear a seat belt you live in constant fear of getting in a wreck? If you have a fire extinguisher you live in constant fear of there being a fire?

Sounds like you and the OP are the ones in fear and projecting your fears on to others.

Let me guess both of you are skinny jean wearing soy boys who couldn't whip your way out of a wet paper bag with a chainsaw?

I got a good idea of what you and the OP are made of and an image of a roll of Charmin comes to mind.

I think people with guns understand bad things in life can happen. Like my uncle being home invaded by three people and pistol-whipped by one of the invaders. He didn't have a gun and luckily they just robbed his place and he only needed a couple stitches.

I'm sure most the right-leaning men on here would not need a gun to handle you or the majority of your liberal male buddies on ATS.

edit on 17-3-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: nightbringr

Why is there always this belief that people who are liberal in their beliefs are some kinds of weaklings and cant defend themselves !

Maybe its because we see the videos online of Antifa and your far left buddies in the street weighing 130 lbs soaking wet and throwing punches with the most improper form imaginable. Only winning a scuffle when you have 5-1 odds. And yes there are ALWAYS exceptions but I have no doubt which side has the tougher men.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Rest assured I'm sure most the right-leaning men on here would not need a gun to handle you or the majority of your liberal males buddies on ATS.

Well that just feeds the stereotype, wouldn’t you say?

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Of course this comes as no surprise to anyone who can think for themselves (obviously this excludes conservatives).

Again this comes as no surprise. When they discover that a stock pile of guns doesn’t actually add 3” inches to their penis. Once they realize they will never measure up, what is the logical conclusion?

blogs.scientificamerican.com...

Speaking of inferior if your woman had one night with me that's what she would be calling you the next day.

PS You may be suffering from low Testerone little beta thefederalistpapers.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I think a good majority of White conservative males are tired of being bashed on a day by day basis and blamed for everyone's failures in life. I think we are tired of the double standards of the left wingers. I say if the title of this thread was Inner City Black Males Stock Pile guns because (insert whatever reason here) it would be labeled racist.

I think the constant bashing of Whites especially straight white men and identity politics pushed by the left in the country may, in fact, lead to civil unrest one day.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Yeah but conservative males make the worst victims.

You got your alpha male president, all will be well.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

LOL - so you too have ZERO concept of the existance of countries or humans outside of the US such that every conservative white male who has ever existed clearly resides only in America - where actual extremist liberal lazy oxygen thieves stockpile guns for softball practice matches and Las Vegas concerts and schools and LGBT friendly nightclubs etc.

Get off the drugs, its unbecoming of you.

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Still not scared of much. I have my wits and can flash my ...whoa!

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Want to talk about the CIA and drug sales under Bush? Obama turned a blind eye to Hezbollah drug pushing in the USA?

What are you talking about? Everyone turned a blind eye once they started smuggling heron out of vietnam (oops). You can go on and on, Regan and crack, Clinton and coc aine. This ain't a partisan issue, dollars are green, not red or blue.

Uncle Sam (the people that are in those positions) aids and abets the drug business.

Bank of America is still allowed to launder money for the mexican drug cartels, and that information is known!

posted on Mar, 17 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
originally posted by: ker2010

I'm sure most the right-leaning men on here would not need a gun to handle you or the majority of your liberal male buddies on ATS.

...but I have no doubt which side has the tougher men

Speaking of inferior if your woman had one night with me that's what she would be calling you the next day.

I know your trying to come off as a bad a** but C'mon..LOL

You know what they say about internet tough guys or if you have to brag about right? They are usually the biggest pu**ies. LOL

Either that or your trolling, please tell me your trolling because the alternative makes you look like internet tough who happens to be one of the biggest pu**ies

I just had to post because of how hilarious you made your self look. LMAO

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join