It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: White conservative males stockpile guns because they are scared and feel inferior.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It's not the size of your weapon; it's the fury of your attack!

The whole debate is class warfare. The anti-gun elites always reserve guns for themselves and their hirelings.. Bloomberg owns guns, and he isn't about to get rid of them. But he wants you to belong to a "gun club" for five or ten grand a year for the privilege of having 2nd amendment rights. He wants to take the guns out of the suburbs, and lock them up at the country club.

No different now than in the Middle Ages. Keep the taxpaying classes unarmed and hungry.

edit on 15-3-2018 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

And don't I know it! Thing is: to where?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Well why do people stockpile so many guns if the core motivation isn't fear?

Same reason I have a room full of books. I read for pleasure, but I don't like reading the same book every single day.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: madenusa
I cant throw a rock at 1155 feet per second......

Slacker! Then again, a big enough rock makes fps irrelevant and can still “...just kill a man.”

Seriously though, would love to see one of these “intellectuals” disassemble and reassemble a 1911, let alone figure out how to safely chamber a round, deactivate the safety, and put a round downrange.

The reason they’re so gun averse is because they’re afraid of inanimate objects they can’t comprehend...like folks that can’t do minor maintenance on their own vehicles, like change a tire.

OP, good luck living out your apparent miserable existence by belittling people you don’t know and will likely never meet...which should secure your “keyboard warrior” medal in infamy.
they are scared of the AR15 it looks badass,but my semi automatic goose gun can do more damage. The AR15 is not a assault rifle they would never send our boys to war with a semi automatic.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

It's fascinating the suicide angle is ever mentioned. Seriously, we've allowed 50 million infant murders in this country because "our body, our choice" yet the same reprobates championing that farce are the same ones calling for the infringement of an actual enumerated right because people are making the choice to end the existence of their own body.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Well why do people stockpile so many guns if the core motivation isn't fear?

Why do some women stockpile so many shoes if the core motivation isn't walking?
Because a slipper is not suitable for a night out on the town, whereas, it is perfect for a night at home.

To your question, why do people stockpile so many guns if the core motivation isn't fear?
Because a shotgun is not suitable for protecting oneself while out on the town, whereas, it is perfect for protection at home.

Any more innane and myopically visionary questions?

Education is knowledge
Knowledge is power

Please, take this as education, and therefore, power over fear of that scary black object.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It's fascinating the suicide angle is ever mentioned. Seriously, we've allowed 50 million infant murders in this country because "our body, our choice" yet the same reprobates championing that farce are the same ones calling for the infringement of an actual enumerated right because people are making the choice to end the existence of their own body.

Right or wrong, also those that seek to skip the suffering of a terminal illness with suicide. I guess individuals have the right to use suicide to end a terminal illness as long as it’s not a 22 cal bullet to the heart. With a gun, it’s gun violence brought on by owning a gun.
edit on 15-3-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Why do people stockpile wealth and money? Good thing I am in dept up to my ears like the US government. I guess that makes me comfortable about myself?

edit on 15-3-2018 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

Why is there always this belief that people who are liberal in their beliefs are some kinds of weaklings and cant defend themselves !

Some of the most liberal people I know are also quite capable of defending themselves
adn will # people up if they mess with them

just because you are liberal doesnt mean you wont stand up for justice with self defense .

A nice example from history , shaolin monks , extremely liberal and peaceful until they developed Wu shu and many other kung fu styles to defend them and others against bandits, and other raiding empires

edit on 16-3-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   

all that debt is make believe digital fakery !

just pray for a solar flare to take out the server that holds the debt info on it

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Please cite how a monk is liberal? Can you cite a major military victory by Shaolin Monks?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
So, you guys soundguy is not really trolling he's going with he's got......

somewhat at least i think unencumbered by the thought process and a touch of common misconception. I like to carry a big pistol when hiking in bear country with the grand kids and when hiking outback of my house in wild hog turf so,....yup....what does that make him......him needs to be an outdoor person and quit laying in bed all day.

there's a whole world waitng out there for ya soundguy....hey...up a little more on my vocals, I sing up in my throat.
edit on 16-3-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

shaolin monks are liberal in that they were accepting of others cultures and religious practices and sought not to influence others , they were either Daoist or Buddhist and under the definition of liberal

"willing to respect or accept behaviour or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas."

Daoism is all about respecting others and accepting behaviour or opinions of others

The monks whilst not a military force often sided with various Dynastic rulers of China and fought to defend their temples , homes and families

Fighting Monks : the case of the Shaolin monastery

edit on 16-3-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Also werent the founding fathers libertarians and didnt they fight the British to declare their own country !

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

more junk science from people who have their own agendas. a lot of people buy guns to hunt wild game others to protect their familes because there is either too few police or they live in a high crime area.

where i live you can tell the left from the right.
if forecast is for tropical storm the left run to store and spend all their checks getting bread and water and god help them if power out for more than 8 hours

the c right stay off the roads unless they have to g to work. and they have a pantry of dry and or canned goods and some even have generators so they lose no power because they know stuff happens and prepare.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Really op?
Do you like tofu?
You strike me as a "soy boy".
Your article is a blog titled "observations"...

I can do the same thing...
Of course it comes as no surprise most liberal men claim to be feminists because they know they can't actually compete in the sexual marketplace with such low testosterone against other men. So they sneak in on the feminism bandwagon. Yet statistically many are sexual predators.
source
See how I provided an actual article?
Ooh and the fact you find it funny suicide rates are higher among white men. Yet you don't realize part of it stems from tge sheer hatred you all have for us.

You either have the worst case of white guilt I have ever seen or you are a Berkley gender studies professor. Either way if you ever went toe to toe against these people you so vehemently hate you'd end up a stain on the sidewalk. Just sayin...

While you judge the world...
The world judges you...

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

For shame Scientific American. Political ideology, propaganda and bigotry are not science.

It used to be a good publication.

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

"Black Liberal males sell drugs and steal cars because they never had fathers...."

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

shaolin monks are liberal in that they were accepting of others cultures and religious practices and sought not to influence others , they were either Daoist or Buddhist and under the definition of liberal

"willing to respect or accept behaviour or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas."

Daoism is all about respecting others and accepting behaviour or opinions of others

The monks whilst not a military force often sided with various Dynastic rulers of China and fought to defend their temples , homes and families

Fighting Monks : the case of the Shaolin monastery

Are you saying they wouldn't have a problem with others stockpiling firearms?

posted on Mar, 16 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Must be something to this because look at the amount of posters triggered by this claim. LOL

I always believed this, due to the fact that they are always constantly talking about someone coming into their homes to kill or maim them. No sane person has thoughts of this constantly.

Just look at all the past replies to other threads, I need guns to protect so and so or when something happens you will want a gun with you. These are thoughts of fear and paranoia. Gun ownership is basically about living in fear and the only way they can feel safe is to have one on them at all times because of the boogeyman.

The conservative platform is fear....fear from minorities, BLM, Antifa, illegal immigrants, Muslims or whatever scary people they can think of.
edit on 16-3-2018 by donnydeevil because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join