It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: White conservative males stockpile guns because they are scared and feel inferior.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Very enlightening.....

Not really.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Since the 2008 election of President Obama, the number of firearms manufactured in the U.S. has tripled, while imports have doubled. This doesn’t mean more households have guns than ever before—that percentage has stayed fairly steady for decades. Rather, more guns are being stockpiled by a small number of individuals. Three percent of the population now owns half of the country’s firearms, says a recent, definitive study from the Injury Control Research Center at Harvard University.

Yeah the REASON is simple.

9 years of constant attempts at banning them.

Throw in race baiting.

You get the same thing as we see in other issues.

Hijacking of science to push political agendas.
edit on 14-3-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Ok since this is almost the same sentiment found in hillay's disasterous speech in India I can simply say, Get the f over it Hillary lost and her and her views are irrelevant to Americans. Lol! But everytime she speaks the sycophants raise up hope she still matters. Maybe this is the last try to keep her out of jail...yeh, muh rednecks. They forced their wives to vote Trump because they were threatened by a "woody" Allen. So take the guns because you have a small "woody" Allen size man for a redneck proxy for an Indian audience. And a sycophant that identifies withit and projects it to whatever scares him most...and that of course is his "woody" allen by which to project by.
a reply to: soundguy

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Of course this comes as no surprise to anyone who can think for themselves (obviously this excludes conservatives).

The article also states that they are also the ones most likely to kill themselves by gun. Again this comes as no surprise. When they discover that a stock pile of guns doesn’t actually add 3” inches to their penis. Once they realize they will never measure up, what is the logical conclusion?

The study also concludes that we shouldn’t mock the delicate snowflakes, but I’m of the mind to let natural selection run its course. These metal defectives need to be called out for what they are and thier fetish should never be seen as main stream by sane Americans.

blogs.scientificamerican.com...

Ummm...is this really the quality of writing you choose to author here on ATS...?

This isn't crème de la crème...this is crème de la crap...You should be ashamed of yourself...

YouSir

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
what about the black people who guy guns? Are you a racist? Being as how your article singles out WHITE males, and excludes black males, black females, white females, and good Lord, I just realized that you forgot Transgenders!

You might be the single biggest racists on this site! I bet you spend lots of time on Stormfront and other hate sites. Shame on you!

I am disgusted by your presence. yuk.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
A Scientific American opinion piece (Observations) that will be taken as an independent sociological study to put forward gun control and to take "potential" suicide and possible homicide tools away from white heterosexual males.

This complete blog should be posted all over South Chicago...

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It’s been added here is another one for you to ponder.

www.psychologytoday.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Must have hit a little too close to home eh?

Yeah, I suppose I could have posted something really meaty like how we are all being controlled by grey aliens, lmao.
a reply to: YouSir

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well why do people stockpile so many guns if the core motivation isn't fear?

I keep reading on ATS how gun folks have all their guns because they're afraid the government is going to come for them. Or they're afraid society is going to break down. Or they're afraid armed burglers are going to attack them. Or they're afraid the UN is going to invade. Or they're afraid an asteroid will hit. Or they're afraid of....

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
what about the black people who guy guns? Are you a racist? Being as how your article singles out WHITE males, and excludes black males, black females, white females, and good Lord, I just realized that you forgot Transgenders!

You might be the single biggest racists on this site! I bet you spend lots of time on Stormfront and other hate sites. Shame on you!

I am disgusted by your presence. yuk.

Congratulations. This is one of the single most stupid and ridiculous things I've ever read on ATS.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Huh? Actually I didn’t even touch on the racist part, which is another reason white males stock pile guns. For the record, I’m a white male. a reply to: network dude

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I stockpile medieval swords I suppose I have 6 now I don't have them because they are weapons I just like the craftsmanship in them.
I think it will be the same with guns.
People collect all sorts.

link   

Must have hit a little too close to home eh?

Yeah, I suppose I could have posted something really meaty like how we are all being controlled by grey aliens, lmao.
a reply to: YouSir

Ok when you say grey aliens I instantly thought of Hillary coughing up that green alien egg. Were you refering to hillary? She is grey without makeup
edit on 14-3-2018 by bulwarkz because: (no reason given)

link   
It might have something to do with the increasing mainstreaming of hate towards white people in general. "Ending Whiteness' is a main stream topic at universities around the country. The entire push for "diversity' is really just getting rid of white people.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Lol posted some solid facts but you seem unwilling to understand the reality of the why. No surprise. Let me see if I understand wing nut logic. They are gonna come for my guns therefore I need more. Brilliant.... lmao. Im conjuring a vision of mumbling wing nuts burying guns in their back yards of the night, they won’t find this one...... reminds me of a great meme I just read the other day. Wing nut gun owners fully support the troops but they are arming themselves to kill them. Just in case, lol..... nut jobs one and all. a reply to: neo96

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Of course this comes as no surprise to anyone who can think for themselves (obviously this excludes conservatives).

The article also states that they are also the ones most likely to kill themselves by gun. Again this comes as no surprise. When they discover that a stock pile of guns doesn’t actually add 3” inches to their penis. Once they realize they will never measure up, what is the logical conclusion?

The study also concludes that we shouldn’t mock the delicate snowflakes, but I’m of the mind to let natural selection run its course. These metal defectives need to be called out for what they are and thier fetish should never be seen as main stream by sane Americans.

blogs.scientificamerican.com...

Once they realize they'll never measure up, they try to take it out on anyone they think is 'weaker' than them. Already had a dickless old fart pull a gun on me, laughing all the way.

Also, I think you mean 'mental', not metal.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Why did aguy pull a gun on you?.

+1 more 
link   
Let us look at the author of this opinion piece shall we?

Jeremy Adam Smith
Jeremy Adam Smith is editor of Greater Good magazine and author or co-editor of four books, including The Compassionate Instinct and Are We Born Racist?
Credit: Auey Santos
Recent Articles
Why Are White Men Stockpiling Guns? (the opinion piece from the OP)
The Psychology of Taking a Knee ()
How the Science of “Blue Lies” May Explain Trump’s Support (the first line is: "Donald Trump tells lies.")

Source for above: How the Science of “Blue Lies” May Explain Trump’s Support

So, he is the editor of Greater Good magazine. What is this magazine, and who funds it's production (and therefore his salary)?
Greater Good Magazine (Published by the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley)

So, this is not in any way a biased hit piece at all......right. After all, UC Berkeley is the birthplace of AntiFa. This man is paid and writes only opinions based upon the far left viewpoint which is inherently anti-conservative on it's face.

As they say, like the anal canal, everyone has an opinion, and each one thinks theirs does not stink.

Poorly veiled political trolling thread if I may say so.

So, anyone else surprised?
edit on 3/14/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/14/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Thejoncrichton
It might have something to do with the increasing mainstreaming of hate towards white people in general. "Ending Whiteness' is a main stream topic at universities around the country. The entire push for "diversity' is really just getting rid of white people.

As someone who gets hate from all sides, I disagree. It's just another knife dividing everyone up into diced mush.

link   

Lol posted some solid facts but you seem unwilling to understand the reality of the why. No surprise. Let me see if I understand wing nut logic. They are gonna come for my guns therefore I need more. Brilliant.... lmao. Im conjuring a vision of mumbling wing nuts burying guns in their back yards of the night, they won’t find this one...... reminds me of a great meme I just read the other day. Wing nut gun owners fully support the troops but they are arming themselves to kill them. Just in case, lol..... nut jobs one and all. a reply to: neo96

Want to slow that troll?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join