It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents of slain DNC staffer sue Fox News

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MostlyReading

originally posted by: crtrvt
Excellent. Fox needs to pay through the nose for what they put that family through.

I would reserve that nose for the people who actually killed Seth Rich. Strange how many people seem to have completely forgotten - or simply do not care - that the murderer(s) are still walking free.

I'm sure you would give less than two #s about a DNC staffer, nevermind invoking his name, if you couldn't create a wild conspiracy to suit your agenda that has been repeatedly debunked. So don't try pulling that caring bull#. Shameful.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

As a Bernie Sanders supporter I can assure you that I care VERY much about the murder of Seth Rich.

Calm down and try again.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It's worth noting this lawsuit specifically names Donald Trump and Sean Spicer and their explicit efforts to push this false story.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I would have thought that the suit would fail on the legal principle that you can't injure the dead. That is why it is legally safe to libel dead people. The same applies here, surely. The person injured by exploitation, if it really counts as a legal injury, is the dead man. The law of libel has already established that family have no standing to launch a suit on his behalf.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Wonder if Julian Assange will ever directly address this?

I wonder how Assange would address this,

late 2016 the 'Access Hollywood' video of Trump remarks about women emerged...pretty bad wasn't it? Funny thing though, an hour later, Wikileaks began dumping thousands more leaked Clinton emails....co-incidence? Assange the patsy? we don't know, but it was no fecking co-incidence, this was two incidents back to back, and not very subtle. What happened to Seth Rich, and the e-mails is a different thing altogether.
edit on 14-3-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Wasn't that story retracted because Butowsky never actually met Seth's parents?
Yes it was.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The family are likely democrats, they don't like that the theories around their son's suspicious death might have been used in this case to exonerate Trump of collusion with Russia.

Interesting, perhaps the lawsuit itself might be more revealing than expected?

edit on 14-3-2018 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Wonder if Julian Assange will ever directly address this?

He can't. Wikileaks putting up a reward for information that can solve the murder is the closest you'll ever get to a confirmation that Seth Rich was a source.

Wikileaks might as well just dismantle their operation if they named and outed a source. Nobody would ever trust them enough to provide them with information/data/docs. The WL staff have to ensure complete anonymity and protect their sources, anything else would be professional suicide for them.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
LOL, meanwhile Brian Williams is back at work. If you ask him, he may tell you about how him and Seth were walking down the street that night.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I agree, the people effected should be able to sue media if they twist things. This goes for all networks, they all do that. News is supposed to be impartial, they are supposed to tell exactly what is happening and not put in personal beliefs or stir up their desired interpretation. All of MSM is doing this, maybe they should Alter the Name of "Fake news" to something more pertinent. Like Media propaganda agenda.

The news should give us the facts, not their interpretation of the facts. They state way down in the article it is an opinion, or they stick something in an opinion section making it look like it is the truth. They all do this, I think these people should win the lawsuit and I think there should be similar lawsuits brought against the other networks too, so they learn to tell the truth.

At least on ATS, you get opinions on both sides and people actually uncover things so you can make a determination and also learn how other people perceive the information. Those MSM articles explain the relevance later in the article, but people form their opinion in the first few paragraphs which are not real...they are out of context of the truth most times.
edit on 14-3-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Apparently Seth Rich is the only Democrat worth standing up for.

Or at least worth exploiting.
edit on 3142018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: MostlyReading

17. The D.C. Metropolitan Police Department (“MPD”) has identified no suspects, witnesses, or possible motives. MPD’s working theory was and is that the murder was a botched robbery.

www.politico.com...

In 2014 he began working for the Democratic National Committee (DNC) as the Voter Expansion Data Director. One of his tasks at the DNC was the development of a computer application to help voters locate polling stations.[2][26][27]

en.wikipedia.org...

Right there is A motive.

Sure wasn't money because staffers don't make that much.

My theory is he was set up by someone on either party (or hell, both) to have a fall guy for blame.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Apparently Seth Rich is the only Democrat worth standing up for.

Or at least worth exploiting.

....And it seems he was a Sanders supporter. Funny how that works.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Only to the extent that you can use him. People get murdered and murders go unsolved every single day.
What about a black teen in Chicago? You care about him?
edit on 3142018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Seths parents are alive.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

They don't need to out a source. They just need to say this wasn't the source.
They had no issue saying Russia wasn't the source did they?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Yes, but I don't see how they have any claim to have suffered material injury.
You can't sue people for doing something bad. You have to sue them for doing something bad by which you have been injured.
if somebody had libelled their son, they would not be allowed to sue.

edit on 14-3-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Emotional harm. It's hurtful to them to hear their son was a traitor to the country.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
I doubt if emotional harm in that sense is recognised by law. Are Trump supporters entitled to sue eveybody who has criticised Trump? Or Hillary supporters, mutatis mutandis? That's the situation you get if the law follows the line their over-imaginative lawyer is taking.
Of course, if you accept that Trump supporters are entitled to sue CNN for emotional damage, I will concede the point.
Otherwise, let people be sued about real injuries by whose who have suffered the injuries.

edit on 14-3-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Rich's parents were brought in to it when it was reported that the father stated Seth was the DNC hacker. He never said anything of the sort but it was widely reported by the alt-right media.

<< 1    3 >>

join