It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Physicist Stephen Hawking dies at the age of 76 – family

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

No one.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod OK

edit on 15-3-2018 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
As I referred to earlier he recently spoke much about the potential threats from ET/ID's and its a coincidence that he dies shortly afterwards. Only a coincidence I'm sure (am I?)!

edit on 15-3-2018 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: SeaWorthy

No god =/= no soul

Yeah? and how does that work?

You give yourself a soul?

Might work for a birth certificate but a soul? lol.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Amazing scientist, thoroughly enjoyed his books, I don't know how many of you on here have seen this movie, but I feel posting it is a fitting tribute to Dr. Hawking.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: CaptainBeno

An extraordinary human that led an extraordinary life.

I always wondered how much more he could have articulated had he been able to communicate without assistance.

Hopefully you've found a few new answers.

Sad as it is to say, he may not have had the same insights without his disease. He admits that when he began to degenerate he was forced to begin composing ideas in his mind first before he then summarized them onto his keyboard and speaking devices. If he had not spent all that time thinking before speaking, he may not have had the same ideas.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Of all the things in life to endure ... God bless her and you & your family.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

soul
noun
1. the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal.

There is no requirement for a god for there to be a soul. Maybe in some religions but that would be specific to those beliefs.
edit on 15-3-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I'm pretty disgusted by all the religious nuts on here spewing their bile.

Stephen Hawking didn't set out to disprove your god, he set out to find answers to some of the biggest questions in the universe and the discoveries he made disproved your god.

The ratio of arrogance to evidence amongst the religious is astounding. On a scale of 1-100 I would say it is 100:0

Hawking is not in hell as it doesn't exist, get over it, be an adult and let your fairytales go, grow the # up.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: GafferUK1981

In addition, and from the perspective of a man of faith, it does God no honour for people to take from him the right to judge another man and condemn him to hell. It does no honour to God, instead implies insult, for people to suggest that they know his mind well enough to state categorically that Hawking is in hell. What those people have done, in believing that they are just in taking that power for themselves, is a sin every bit as insidious as that committed by Lucifer, for which he was cast down himself. I expect God will have mercy on those who have wronged Hawking this way, but only if there is repentance.

It also does God no honour for his people to embrace arrogance and ignorance in equal measure, to spread it by their word and deed, and by so doing push people who need to find God, even further from his mercy and glory. The jealousy of those who call themselves the faithful in this day and age, is quite sickening.

This combative, argumentative, willfully ignorant approach to belief is not a mark of faith, or wisdom in the ways of God and Christ. It is something with which the faith has been infected, a mark of the corruption inherent in the hierarchy, the human structure of the church. It is a thing of mans making, this foul, detestable attitude permeating those who profess to faith, but carry only callousness.

This goes out to all those assaulting the memory and the achievements of the dead:

If you respect either God or Christ, then step back from the edge you are teetering on, before you lose your way entirely. Spite is not a mark of faith, nor is pride, arrogance or ignorance. Making worship of God a race to the intellectual bottom, is an insult which only grows more gross, the longer it continues. Cease and desist, turn back, this is not the way.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Care to provide any evidence for the existence of this god of yours?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: GafferUK1981
I'm pretty disgusted by all the religious nuts on here spewing their bile.

Stephen Hawking didn't set out to disprove your god, he set out to find answers to some of the biggest questions in the universe and the discoveries he made disproved your god.

The ratio of arrogance to evidence amongst the religious is astounding. On a scale of 1-100 I would say it is 100:0

Hawking is not in hell as it doesn't exist, get over it, be an adult and let your fairytales go, grow the # up.

Nothing Hawking ever theorized disproved a being that exists outside our scope of comprehension, or concept of reality for that matter.

But it's predictable for some people to think so.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Nope. I don't need to.

But what I am saying is that Hawking should not be having all these wretched people condemning him to hell, just because they have been conned into carrying spite in their hearts, rather than the love of God. A God which demands hatred from his people toward others, is no God at all, and not the one I have had a relationship with all my life.

If I needed proof of God, I would have no faith at all.

My angle is, that for affairs of the spirit and the soul, there is faith in God. For every other thing in all the universe, there is science. That is why Hawking's death hit me like a hammer blow. For all that he held views which run counter to my own in some respects, his insights into the operations of the universe have intrigued, astounded and delighted me over the years, and I shall miss that input massively. I have a great deal of respect for the man, his accomplishments, and the artfulness of his communication of his ideas. He is certainly worthy of greater respect than some people around here are showing him, by human measures as much as those applied to the matter by the almighty.

edit on 15-3-2018 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Faith, also known as hope and wishful thinking.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I guess all I was trying to say, is that the people giving Hawking a hard time have no business doing it, and even less business using their faith to justify it.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: GafferUK1981

Care to provide any evidence for the existence of this god of yours?

Just look out your window.

Until you can tackle that 5 word sentence at every angle then you will not see.

if you want to un due

space can change your dna steven so while you are there just focus on a different path if you want one.:love

if i could do it all again i would have guitar skills and use them.

learn to walk the E

be a gentleman

edit on 15-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Right I've looked out of the window and all I see is evidence of evolution.

Do you have any actual evidence of this god person?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

yes i do

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Now would be a good time for any to add some positive vibes or advice if you feel so inclined.

Around 50 yrs in a chair is a long time.

He can hear you. imo

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Please go ahead, you will be the first person in history to provide evidence of their god. I'm so excited.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join