It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science teacher fed live puppy to snapping turtle in front of students, witnesses say

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Who the # does that , who teh # allowws it , who owns a dog and allows someone to do that to their pet, who gets on a flight and lets their dog get stuffed in their !
I hope the owners were not aware of the fact!

Id have assaulted the flight attendant for harming one of my family members!

Hurt my dogs I hurt you , one time a wee boy flung a bottle at my dogs in the park and his mother was there , I just drew her a heavy shady look and she proceeded to scald the young boy, if he was there himself Id have kicked his arse so he couldnt sit doon for a month.

Lol, dat you Willy?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

A random Facebook message means nothing....

Hell, I could have written that..

Anyone else looking for attention could to.

Hey, I could be wrong but this one just smells fishy and usually when they smell fishy. It’s being twisted for effect.

edit on 14-3-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The mofo drowned the puppy?!!

This idiot needs some of his own medicine.

"now children, I drowned this puppy to feed it to the turtle"

"watch nature in motion"

I would end his tenure.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Should a snake owner be charged for every time they've fed their snake a critter?

I suppose it's like making sausages.

But do you make people watch?

A rat or mouse doesn't have the emotional quotient as a friggin drowned puppy.

I'm a sick f'k and even I wouldn't do that.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Yall should be investigated every time you eat a steak.

How bout that virtual A1 sauce?

Salt and pepper only.

A1 should be a crime.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Its not about ethics, just follow the LAW.

Don't be such a tool. Half the laws are BS.

I am kind of surprised that you would be calling me a tool but I guess I must have said something to justify this level of communication. I guess I am sorry about that...

If you want to know my stance on the ethics of the subject, I think it is morally wrong to feed puppies to turtles. Do I think it is wrong to feed mice/rats to turtles....I have no idea. I know too little about these creatures.

Is it wrong to feed a chimpanzee to a lion? Does a mountain gorilla have more rights than a goldfish? Can I shoot a dolphin?

I think it all boils down to the cognitive ability of the animal in question and wether or not I have responsibility for said animal.

Domesticating an animal means you also get responsibility for that animal's well being. I know they breed rats/mice specifically for food and feeding them to your pet snake could be seen as caring for your domesticated pet but personally I do not feel much for this practice since there are good alternatives.

Peace

If you are japanese you can slaughter dolphins anyway you want.

Hand grenades or .50 cals no prob.

Chop em up, easy peasy.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

The issue is an obvious one.

Humans have been domesticating dogs for the last few thousand years and have developed an affinity for them. Are there hard realities in nature that students need to learn about? Sure. But killing a dog in front of them after school hours? Seems pretty demented.

The fact is the animals we consider our kin extend beyond just other human beings.

What's next he starves the kids and has them draw straws to eat one of their classmates and then his excuse is "sorry kids there are some harsh realities out there, this will prepare you for the real world". All one has to do is show some nature documentary footage in class of the real thing happening in the wild to drive the point home.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Survival of the fittest? Please.. putting a helpless dog into the cage with a hungry turtle is in no way "survival of the fittest." If the dog had happened upon the turtle in the wild, and was eaten.. that would meet the definition. Putting a sick animal into a cage with a predator is not.. and it is just sick.

You can define to a class what survival of the fittest is, without having to kill a dog, even a sick one, to do it. A live demonstration is obviously not necessary, it's sad people think it was. Also.. was the dog terminally ill? Didn't say.. did it just have a minor illness? So the guy thought it was "ok" to do this?

A snapping turtles diet includes 1/3 plant.. there was no need to feed a puppy to it, and I am still amazed at the stretches people make, to try to make seem "ok" when people do sick crap like this.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

A random Facebook message means nothing....

Hell, I could have written that..

Anyone else looking for attention could to.

Hey, I could be wrong but this one just smells fishy and usually when they smell fishy. It’s being twisted for effect.

yeah I know you should remain skeptical of the things you read and not base your conclusions on anything you read on the internet but maybe this update will help you..

D etails emerge

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl
well if you can get it in writing as the desired method of expiration in one of those legal suicide assist states, maybe.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
If someone is OK with the turtle being fed live rodents and NOT ok with it being fed a puppy is a hypocrite, plain and simple, and thinking with their hearts and not minds.

They are both living creatures, have families and feelings. Simply because one is 'more cute ' than the other isn't a valid reason. That being said, I would certainly be shocked to see it, but that's only because I've been conditioned from birth to believe puppies are pets, not food.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Survival of the fittest? Please.. putting a helpless dog into the cage with a hungry turtle is in no way "survival of the fittest." If the dog had happened upon the turtle in the wild, and was eaten.. that would meet the definition. Putting a sick animal into a cage with a predator is not.. and it is just sick.

You can define to a class what survival of the fittest is, without having to kill a dog, even a sick one, to do it. A live demonstration is obviously not necessary, it's sad people think it was. Also.. was the dog terminally ill? Didn't say.. did it just have a minor illness? So the guy thought it was "ok" to do this?

A snapping turtles diet includes 1/3 plant.. there was no need to feed a puppy to it, and I am still amazed at the stretches people make, to try to make seem "ok" when people do sick crap like this.

So I assume from your post you are not ok with any animal being fed an other, correct?

I assume you hate zoos and avoid them at all costs. Oh, and are vegan.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

Yeah, zoos are complete garbage. Take a look at the depessed prisoner animals there.

They look like they are suffering.

Thrown in a box to look at for money.

Sounds like you can't seperate your extreme views.

Your vegan argument is mentally retarded.

Cattle are killed humanely for human consumption, and so are the animals they feed to lions.

What, do you think it's like Jurassic Park in there?

They just lower a mooing cow from a crane?

Jesus

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Dude has got to be a LiveLeaker.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

That would get so many views lol

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I don't like zoos.

Funny how you or 99% of people wouldn't raise a peep if the turtle was fed a mouse. But it's a puppy, so cute!

I get it. Is shocking, we all love cute, cuddly creatures. But the mouse has just as much right to live as the puppy. Your human emotions are clouding your judgment.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Riiiiiggght genius..because the puppy was the one and only source of food in this world..ignorant for sure

edit on 14-3-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

The general way the 'can they be eaten' (by humans) laws work are, are they kept as pets?

Well rodents are kept as pets! And what is cuter than a Lemming?

😝

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I had a coworker with a 22' reticulated python. He feeds it piglets every week.

Some claim pigs are one of the smartest mammals. Other thing they're very cute. Oh, and they taste like humans. Crap, we eat them too.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: fleabit

So I assume from your post you are not ok with any animal being fed an other, correct?

I assume you hate zoos and avoid them at all costs. Oh, and are vegan.

I'm not a vegan - why would you assume that? Zoos can be good or bad. Many are bad. Some actually help.. some are profit driven, and the animals are not cared for. Same for marine parks - some are good, many are bad. I also don't wear fur, or would ever kill something for "fun" or "sport." I respect animals, but understand that the food chain is just that.. the food chain.

You act as if he was simply feeding his pet turtle. He did it for.. "fun" or "sport." For the shock value. He wasn't trying to teach a valuable lesson. That is what is sick about it. Look beyond the fact that an omnivore ate another animal.

To put it another way - are you ok with dog fighting? Survival of the fittest! Throwing dogs into a lake in bags? Survival of the fittest! Cock fighting? Bull fighting? I am not ok with any of those things.. and what that guy did, was along those lines.

You act as if it was just the turtles feeding time, and feeding puppies to it was the normal routine.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join