It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science teacher fed live puppy to snapping turtle in front of students, witnesses say

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I head you the first time.

Have you never heard the phrase: NATURE IS A CLASSROOM?

Guess not.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
So can I feed someone's sick mother, wife or daughter to a hungry lion and spin it as "that's what would happen in the wild"?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Yep, it's just "real nature", might as well start culling the handicapped too, since they would perish anyway..amiright, now that we have taken a thousand year leap backwards

edit on 13-3-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

The USA kills babies in the womb - almost 60 million since Roe vs. Wade - AND - sell the 'fetus' material to the 'hungry lions of science'.

Soooo???

You believe it was this man's 'choice' to feed a sick puppy to a turtle is wrong, but for a woman to make the 'choice' to kill her healthy child is what, acceptable?

lol
edit on 3737Tuesday201813 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This teacher thinks feeding a sick, innocent puppy to a turtle is educational.

I'll double down on his wisdom and when he gets pneumonia, I'll feed him to a black bear in front of an audience.

Cuz that's like what would happen in the South Dakota wilderness.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

USA kill babies in the womb - almost 60 million since Roe vs. Wade - AND - sell the 'fetus' material to the hungry lions of science.

I don't support abortion either.

Don't lump me in with "'Merica" as your weak argument.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Disgusting and sickening story.

Yes, nature is all about eat or be eaten, survival of the fittest.

But, this is a domesticated dog, a baby at that, fully dependent on a human being for comfort, love, security and survival. The humane thing would have been to take it to a vet and have it put out of its misery.

Fine, it's understandable about pets having encounters with wild life. Fine, we eat animals for meat. Some of us choose to eat humanely raised meat. Not all the world is at that point, or can afford to do so.

Those arguments are pointless.

The fact is, this was cruel and heartless. Completely lacking in empathy. Personally, I think this teacher took great joy in demonstrating his power over the helpless and sick puppy, and that he enjoyed feeding off the reaction of his students.

He could have demonstrated what a real man, what a real caring human given dominion over animals should have done. But he showed a lack of humanity.

By the way Silo, how is your baby Boer goat - the one with the injured tendon? How wonderful that you chose to give it medical care, love, and let it romp and discover the joy of life with your love and help, to snuggle with the kittens. You expressed such delight over your defenceless and trusting baby goat. It breaks my heart even more knowing that the puppy never shall know an ounce of love or a chance at such joy.
files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13-3-2018 by InvisibleLady because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

edit on 13-3-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the 2 stars but I just had 2nd thoughts about even posting here. I'm to the point of just preferring to follow threads and have no desire to participate any further than that.
edit on 13-3-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Next time I hike through Yellowstone I'll look for an idiot teacher feeding sick puppies to turtles because that's what happens in the wild.

Anyone know what trail I'm likely to find that on?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

The USA kills babies in the womb - almost 60 million since Roe vs. Wade - AND - sell the 'fetus' material to the 'hungry lions of science'.

Soooo???

You believe it was this man's 'choice' to feed a sick puppy to a turtle is wrong, but for a woman to make the 'choice' to kill her healthy child is what, acceptable?

lol

Do they have an audience when it happens? Are they enjoying the procedure and bringing school children to watch? Do you know the difference or are you just, as it looks like, reaching too much maybe?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Psychopath Trails, it's just a hundred yards away from "All Hope For Humanity Is Gone" falls.
edit on 13-3-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
If they wanted to prove Nature is Ugly doing it this way wasn't the right way to go about it imo.

The Teacher should have taken them out and shown them what happens in a live natural environment, not a classroom.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   

a reply to: the owlbear

Point is - I agree a 'puppy' was not the wisest choice.

The puppy was sick.

And, we feed tiny baby rats to spiders and live healthy mice and rats to snakes every day - in science class.

So what are you upset about?

The fact it's a puppy?

Or kids were exposed to the truth?

The truth is turtles are not eating sick puppies in the wild. If this story is true it is bizarre that a teacher would show students this.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

And certainly puppies are not dropped by human hands into turtles mouths in the wild..nothing natural about this, a demented spectacle for amusement.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

a reply to: Mandroid7

Would this be abuse to you if this was a antelope with a broken leg was being eaten by a lion in Africa?

Just wondering.

If you broke the antelopes leg and purposely fed it to your lion and smiled as it was slowly eaten and said "Looks Kids, Isn't it just beautiful!!!"

You are coming across as sick as this so called 'teacher'..

edit on 14-3-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

a reply to: worldstarcountry

There ya go! I was SO IN HOPES someone would bring that up.

Me? I would have put the puppy down with a shot to the head first - it was sick - and - if you're going to respect the animal?

Why just put it in the ground for the worms to eat?

Put it down with a bullet you can 'feed' it to that ol' turtle and use his wee life for something good.

But God forbid we even mention anything about guns or puppys in the same sentence with science class and reality.

And to not throw this thread off?

THIS IS NOT A GUN ADVOCATE THREAD.

Just used a gun as an example as a quick and painless way to put the poor put out of pain.

You shot a puppy. An hero.

Why didn't you just hack it apart with a pair of secateurs ? You know, like a friggen SNAPPING TURTLE does to it's prey?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The next day: all of the kids brought an apple for the teacher.
The teacher said: "Oh yeah!"

OK OK: kinda sorry for the joke, but not enough to remove it.
Probably won't go-down as the wisest choice of teaching methods.
Perhaps a tad heavy for some sensitive children, so not a smart decision.

As they say tho: there are teachers, and then there are educators.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Hope he gets sick and someone tosses him to a crocodile. I can't believe the school board is defending him. Feeding puppies to snapping turtles is gonna be one of the most graphic deaths a child will witness. I'm sure it doesn't help with the kids desire to go to school a learn when they associate it with puppies being ripped apart while screaming. I know I don't want to see it. Can only image how the kids feel.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Rationally there is no difference between eating a cow or a dog, it's a cultural thing but the main issue here is the fact that we humans domesticate animals and that brings ethical responsibility. It is only ethical to keep an animal as a pet if both the animal's biological and psychological needs are properly catered for.

The “Five Freedoms” of Animal Welfare

Freedom from hunger or thirst

Freedom from discomfort

Freedom from pain, injury or disease

Freedom to express (most) normal behaviour

Freedom from fear and distress

Did this teacher take these points into account when feeding a puppy to a snapping turtle in order to "teach" his class a "valuable" lesson?

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Freedom from being eaten alive in front of audience too.

None of us know what the teacher was thinking. However, if I try to put myself in their shoes, it seems they wanted to disturb and offend the students and fully knew it would cause distress to the animal and audience.

It seems to me the person has shades of sadism and cruelty to want to do this to his class. He could frame the episode as being purely objective and a 'hard lesson,' but I can't shift the feeling he must have abnormal levels of empathy to conceive of this and then carry it out. There's a bully vibe too because he was attuned enough to inflict the emotional distress and simply didn't care. Maybe he's having a career burn-out or home issues?

In context, it's less to do with 'cute puppy' and more about him as an individual.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join