It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2018 Pennsylvania Special Election House Live Results

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
a reply to: face23785

Exactly. I would vote for Lamb if he was running in my district. He's a solid centrist choice. But I wholly expect the Dem leadership to learn exactly the wrong lesson, and crow on about an anti-Trump wave that doesn't exist. (Again, Lamb repeatedly distanced himself from any suggestions that his race was a referendum on Trump.)

Lamb BARELY BARELY BARELY won in a district with a 50,000 Dem voter registration advantage.

Trump could still win this district in 2020, easily.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
With a race this close only a idiot would not ask fo ra recount. Also There is the matter of the redistricting used was NOT RATIFIED and in EFFECT Screwing alot of voters out of being able to vote because they showed up in the wrong precints.
Wasnt that judge a democratic donor too?

And then the flimsy excuse of this isnt a automatic recount situation statement by that woman because its a federal election. I didnt see that stipulation in their Voting laws. bu ti might had missed it.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

You mean if the judges dont destroy the districts again.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

There were reports on Twitter that some voters were turned away by poll workers who falsely claimed the new districts were in effect. This is absolutely a situation that needs a recount.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Is a recount even worth it though? The new district race will be this November, so the furor over this election and its results seems entirely premature and worthless considering its for a district that won't exist in 8 months.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Still too close to call.

There are reports of people being turned away from voting stations because they were using new district maps instead of the old one. The new one goes into effect at the midterm elections and did not apply to the current special election.

They are still counting military / absentee ballots.

There are reports in one county of the electronic voting machines not being correctly calibrated and by extension vote flipping is being claimed.

Last I saw there are now about 90 votes that separate the Democrat from the Republican with the democrat having the 90.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
After Trumps embarrassing campaign speech, maybe the Republican candidates will wise up. If he goes of script and starts spewing his ridiculous insults, they will probably lose.

In my case I hope he keeps up his stupidity.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

This district won't exist in 2020. Starting with the midterm election Pennsylvania will be switching over to their new, PA Supreme Court drawn, districts. I think Lamb is expected to run in the new 19th District, while if Saccone runs he's expected to do so in the 17th.

That said, this election is continuing a trend that we have seen over the past few special elections. The Dems are overperforming what was expected from them. In this case there was a 22 point swing in the Dems favor compared to 2016.

On top of that, there seems to be an enthusiasm gap between the Dems and the Republicans. 80% of the 18th District Democrats that voted in 2016 also voted in this election. In comparison, only 53% of the Republicans that voted in 2016 voted in this election.

Of course we can't really draw any conclusions from a single special election. But when we compare what happened in Pennsylvania to every other special election since Trump has taken office there is a definite trend. That being that the Dems are not only performing better than expected but also that there seems to be higher enthusiasm among Dem voters. That's a dangerous combination for the Republicans come November.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

As of this morning, with 100% of precincts reporting, Lamb led by 641 votes. There are only about 200 absentee ballots. Other than that there are the provisional and overseas ballots that need to be counted but the odds of that making up the remaining 441 ballots aren't good. So even if Saccone got 100% of the remaining ballots it still wouldn't put him ahead of Lamb.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Xcathdra

As of this morning, with 100% of precincts reporting, Lamb led by 641 votes. There are only about 200 absentee ballots. Other than that there are the provisional and overseas ballots that need to be counted but the odds of that making up the remaining 441 ballots aren't good. So even if Saccone got 100% of the remaining ballots it still wouldn't put him ahead of Lamb.

I'd rather not bother with the recount. Enough money has been wasted on this race already.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

This district won't exist in 2020. Starting with the midterm election Pennsylvania will be switching over to their new, PA Supreme Court drawn, districts. I think Lamb is expected to run in the new 19th District, while if Saccone runs he's expected to do so in the 17th.

That said, this election is continuing a trend that we have seen over the past few special elections. The Dems are overperforming what was expected from them. In this case there was a 22 point swing in the Dems favor compared to 2016.

On top of that, there seems to be an enthusiasm gap between the Dems and the Republicans. 80% of the 18th District Democrats that voted in 2016 also voted in this election. In comparison, only 53% of the Republicans that voted in 2016 voted in this election.

Of course we can't really draw any conclusions from a single special election. But when we compare what happened in Pennsylvania to every other special election since Trump has taken office there is a definite trend. That being that the Dems are not only performing better than expected but also that there seems to be higher enthusiasm among Dem voters. That's a dangerous combination for the Republicans come November.

I think you have to also see that the Democrats are going all in with these elections. In a general election will they have the resources to go all in coast to coast?

From a purely strategic standpoint I would drain them now and in the mid term so that they will be depleted in 2020.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53
After Trumps embarrassing campaign speech, maybe the Republican candidates will wise up. If he goes of script and starts spewing his ridiculous insults, they will probably lose.

Trump will continue to be Trump. Moderate republicans are deserting his far right agenda in droves.

www.rawstory.com...

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Trump will continue to be Trump.

All he needed to do was not be hillary.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Trump will continue to be Trump.

All he needed to do was not be hillary.

But now that Hillary isn't in the picture......

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

But now that Hillary isn't in the picture......

congress needs to get off their asses and get to work on something other than getting re elected?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
a reply to: Sillyolme
How many people on ats are from Pennsylvania? Interesting race. If Dems would run more candidates like Lamb they could take the House. I'm not sure if they are ready to do that though.

I’m from Penna and I don’t give a flying fart about this ‘special election’.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Trump will continue to be Trump. Moderate republicans are deserting his far right agenda in droves.

www.rawstory.com...

www.rawstory.com...

Yet he will be re-elected in 2020.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Lamb was essentially running as a moderate republican. And laughably after years of hearing about diversity its SO ironic to see the Dems run a candidate who is not only male but white.

Did Lamb ever mention Hillary, Pelosi, Bernie Sanders, or Chuck Schumer? What liberal ideas did he run on? Any word about taxes, welfare, or banning guns? No way. That white boy ran as a conservative centrist.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: olaru12

www.rawstory.com...

www.rawstory.com...

Yet he will be re-elected in 2020.

I don't think he will make it to 2020....Look into his eyes, heart attack waiting to happen. He really needs to quit the Big Mac, double cheese,fries and covfefe.
edit on 14-3-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I hope not even though he is fat out of shape eats crap If he died in office the Trumpa lumpers would all say he was murdered.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join