It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahhh....Video States More Than Half Of Millennials Are Going Through "Quarter Life Crisis"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: shawmanfromny
What a snowflake you sound like. Remember the generation before them is the one that raised them. And they will have a MAJOR voting power soon. Do you not think it would be better to help teach them of YOUR mistakes instead of blaming them for YOUR problems?

There's no doubt their parents weren't ready to be parents, but the bigger problem is this nanny state we've become. Can't discipline the kids, can't tell them no, everyone gets a trophy... That's the issue. If parents and colleges would stop bending til broke for these kids then they would understand something as simple as "no."

Truly loving parents will tell their kids no and give them nothing for last place and will discipline them, for this will prepare them more for the real world.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
What a snowflake you sound like. Remember the generation before them is the one that raised them. And they will have a MAJOR voting power soon. Do you not think it would be better to help teach them of YOUR mistakes instead of blaming them for YOUR problems?

Yes the generation that raised them didn't want them to suffer the same hardships

they grew up with so they became the 'indulged' generation......

Thing is their parents didn't realise that while we may enjoy our successes we

learn far more from our hardships mistakes and failures.

^^^ This times a billion! ^^^

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: DBCowboy

the citizens , rather than taking a side , arent you just for the people

I'm for freedom. The idea, the concept of freedom.

Sadly, not everyone is.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: toysforadults
Just wait.

Once we vote to take away your pensions and social security because we cant afford student loans, housing and paying for your retirement you are going to be singing to a different tune.

I'm a Millenial according to some researchers (late 70's birthyear). We grew up during the Clinton Social Security scare. None of us expected Social Security to survive until we retire, anyway. Same can be said for pensions. Our parents and grandparents had retirement pensions, we got 401K accounts in the stock market instead. You seem to be saying income taxes are untenable... which I fully agree with.

I'm a 1979 model... No way in hell we're part of Generation Y. I've always been shown the timeline that is shown here:

Which puts us right on the edge of being a Millennial, which causes me to make this face because I'm happy that we aren't there, but sad that we're just edging it... The happy sad face.

*also the face you make when you find out from your wife that your package is bigger than your brother's... EH EH EH EH EH!

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Thirty6BelowZero

# that , no way am I a millenial , nah in my opinion its from 1990 onwards !

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

My logic is to dismantle the pension system and stop forcing me to pay someone who isnt producing a value.

Perfectly logical.

Like those on government assistance?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

a reply to: testingtesting

I'm really not offended by it but I do enjoy the counter argument.

Also I'm tired of paying peoples pensions so I am raisibg awareness with ny age group so we can vote to end it.

No more lazy entitled boomers collecting money for doing nothing.

Fun little game isnt it?

Those boomers got you to the point you're at. Show some respect. If you want to end paying for worthless people that aren't contributing then you need to fight to end food stamps and welfare. Your attitude is very similar to the entitled bunch that never loses, even when they come in last, and can't take no for an answer.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Hey look! It's another thread where old people laugh at millennials for them struggling in a world that the old people's generation and older ones screwed up.

Lot of that occurs because we are seeing more and more people that think they are owed a 6-7 figure a year job, a super car, and a super model girlfriend.

There are still plenty of ways to make a good living in this country, you might have to move, you might have to take a job you don't particularly like but will open the path to a better job.

If they are saying no to those choices then the country isn't the problem it is the choices they are making.

Also going to a big name 4 year college to get a job that starts you out at 25k a year is another bad life choice.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Some dirty hippie almost lost his life when he spat towards my Uncle when he got off the plane after one of his multiple tours to Vietnam as a Marine Sniper.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

We'll go with that... It's more like 1992 and up that act this way...

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

No. Old people just love pointing out anecdotes of entitled kids and pretending like that describes the whole generation. Many times that involves abandoning the nuance of the person's situation too.
edit on 14-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I know several millennials that are awesome folks that will be great contributors to society, and they are chasing their dreams.

There is one in particular here on ATS that I argued with who told me they deserve a 6 figure a year job right out of college, yet couldn't articulate what they bring to the table to warrant that kind of starting salary.

I've met others as well in the military and in the civil sector that feel the same way, and of course it will be anecdotal almost everything we read and hear is anecdotal.

Heck many of the polls people love to quote would fit the definition of anecodtal evidence, yet people routinely accept it as the will of the nation.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Here is research and not anecdotes.
Millennials Are Actually Workaholics, According to Research

PS: Speaking of anecdotes. I'm a millennial. I joined the Army after I graduated high school in 2003, went to iraq, then used the GI Bill to pay for my college and now I work as an IT professional. I hate being stereotyped as a lazy generation just because I'm young. Old people are hypocrites because they pretend like they weren't lazy when they were younger.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

some are lazy some are apathetic , some are downright hardworking , I guess it also depends on your parents
and how you were raised, they either had nothing but tried to give you everything, had nothing and showed you the value of material wealth , or they had everything and made you work for it , or they had everything and gifted you everything .

My parents didnt have much but tried their best to make sure I didnt go without but at the same time made me work for what I wanted.

it's funny when you look at it, and think my parents are only grinding right now for some pleasure before they die and that so me and my sister wont have to struggle when we get older !

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
this is what happens when kids get participation medals and you feed them crapdonalds daily.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

A lot of this is just the typical old people hating on young people stuff. As I remember from when I was a child in the 90's, Generation X was called the "slacker" generation. Now Gen Xers are in this very thread talking about how they are thankful to not be Millennials.

You are right too, a child's behavior when he/she grows up to be an adult is largely a reflection on the child's parents. but there is also environmental factors too. You could have been spoiled rotten, but if the 2008 crash caused your parents to go broke then no amount of whining is going to save you from having to grow up and accept responsibility. Speaking of the crash, it also led to many Baby Boomers extending their retirement years out preventing Millennials and younger people from seeing advancement opportunities or even entry level opportunities from BBers who reclassed their jobs.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Lol !

I know right , this is just human nature to cast your experience and wisdom down the length of your nose then turn it up at the youth you claimed were the future of our species and now they are adults they arent the future any more but the downfall of the species.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder
this is what happens when kids get participation medals and you feed them crapdonalds daily.

The Participation Trophy Generation is a Lie and I Can Prove it

Many Gen Xers and Baby Boomers believe that participation trophies have caused Millennials to be entitled brats that are incapable of working independently or having as good a work ethic as past generations. It's almost as if they think that Millennials just love getting participation trophies and are always requesting them. If anyone is to blame for giving out participation trophies, it's the parents and community leaders.

The participation trophy argument only holds up if you believe that kids aren't smart enough to know the difference between a participation trophy and first place. I'm here to tell you that they do.

I simply don't buy it. Are some Millennials inherently flawed people? Of course they are, but you see that in all generations. I certainly have not seen enough evidence to suggest that Millennials are any less competent than Gen X or Baby Boomers were at their age. In fact, as a whole, I find Millennials to be highly intelligent, resourceful, innovative, and fast learners.

In other words, whenever you bring up this awful AWFUL argument about participation trophies, you are basically insulting the intelligence of every young person in the country.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

It's truly a shame to see how what a bad job the Baby Boomers did in creating this tech-dependent world that the Millenials have had to grow up in.

Baby Boomers thought they were making their lives better but were really just screwing over the generations to come by creating this new drug of technology and allowing it to take over.

But don't worry baby boomers, you made it worse than your parents did, and I'm sure Millenials will continue this pattern (unless they somehow figure out how to clean up the mess Baby Boomers made).

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Infinitis

that's it lets just continue assigning blame to others instead of all working together in co-operation as one species
it really doesnt matter who you assign blame to the problem wont go away unless we all collectively figure this out

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join